Christmas and holidays the silly season

crocketsgrl

Hi all, I was wondering how many people do all their holiday shopping online, all their shopping in the store or like me do half and half? I was talking to Shill and I told him that I did my online shopping to the holidays and tomorrow I'm out to the stores. They are so crowded, and with the season of good will to man kind some forget and hit you , grab what you are going to buy etc. I told shill I think I'm going to take a sword with me to the stores to slash through those people..lol.....Don't get me wrong there are some who are nicer during the holiday season. But then turn back.....it's a crazy part of the year. A lot of stores people call it the silly season due to getting more people in different moods than usual..lol.....ok, my ramble is over, just wondered.....Sue

Is that a kind of Xena Warrior Princess thing with the sword Sue?? cos I fancied her :)

Shill honey, Yes, for you I'll wear the costom when I break out the sword tomorrow....Sue:D

I had my MIL buy me 3 shirts off Amazon for Christmas. They were from Woolrich, and they are really nice. Just like going to the store, only no crowds, and cheaper prices I might add. These aren't seconds, or flawed shirts. But they also aren't $75, they were $30. I'm sold on buying online. Also, I bought myself some handmade soap for Christmas, from Adams Handmade soaps. Made in the US, handmade of course, with natural ingredients, and mine has a "forest" scent to it. :clap:

I ask my children at the beginning of November for their chrismas wishes and so I´ve enough time to look for these things and never need to buy something when the cities are crowded.

I do both. There are some things I want I can't get in the stores without traveling too far, so I just order them. I love the fact they wrap. I do hate the wrapping process!!

I had my MIL buy me ...

MIL (Maid in Lingerie) ?? Damn, some guys have all the luck. Maids in lingerie whose job is to buy you gifts. Can I be you for a day? That sounds like the good life to me :) .

Guest neworder

I do a mixture nowadays but this year ive found some cracking deals on the high street....cant wait till the January sales, saving during the good times does pay off, if only the British Government had adopted my simple fiscal policies, morons.SJB

Guest The Talk

A few days ago I heard a X-mas song on the car radio. :radio:As I didn't know it I looked for it on the playsist of the radio station.It was: (Sir) Cliff Richards "Mistletoe and wine"This song effected that for the first time since beginning of December some kind of "Christmastime-feelings" :xmas: arised.Looks like Christmastime brings the strangest emotions to the light. :rolleyes:I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings by saying this. It's just because I usually do not listen to this kind of music.

Wait, are there really people you can hire to do your Christmas shopping for you? I should be rich and do that...:DI didn't most of my shopping on line of got gift cards. I just have to pick up a few more presents and I'm done! Yeah! I don't like being a scrugge but this year I haven't felt to Christmas like or Holiday like.....but a lot has gone down....so that's life. So "Talk " You aren't alone with weird or strange feelings, no worries there. But thanks all, I was just wondering with the internet and all, how people are doing it. Sue

• Administrators

Internet for me with the exception of small items such as gift cards but nothing beats having the UPS man ring your doorbell with a package. I'll take that over dealing with the loonie tunes out there any day!