Why does Tubbs look like an idiot in Season 5?

Guest neworder

Guest neworder

Why does Tubbs look like an idiot in Season 5? Fashion wiseI mean what happened, why did they make tubbs where all this ****e clothing making him look like a crazy mentalist weirdo guy? Here are just a few of the freaky costumes Mr Tubbs wears in Season ;Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThere are others of course...but these are some of the more ridiculousSJB

The polka dots were an urban fashion trend from the late '80s. Fortunately, it was a short lived fashion trend, which was then replaced by the pulling down your pants to show off your undies trend :rolleyes: .American men's fashion can be pretty weird at times. Of course, would not see me wearing that stuff, as I'm a linen blazer and jeans kind of a guy. That's how I roll !

MV was always on the cutting edge of fashion. PMT's clothes, as awful as they were, were simply the result of the show trying to showcase the next big thing. At least that's the only explanation I can come up with.Plus, with the super-dark plots of S5, we all needed something to lighten the mood ;).

Good call there RR! You younger guys out there.......................................................................................PULL UP YOUR PANTS!I hate that fashion statement..................

Good call there RR! You younger guys out there.......................................................................................PULL UP YOUR PANTS!I hate that fashion statement..................

Maybe we should greet these people by saying, "Hey Plumber's Ass! How are ya?!" :rolleyes:

I wrote sometime ago about "funeral funk Tubbs" (# 3 photo) and "N.Y. Times crossword Tubbs" (# 4 photo). Out of all those, the only one that looks halfway decent is the 5th one. Tubbs was trying to be an avant-garde drug dealer, presuming that the more garish his outfit, the richer he would seem. After your photo 4, Castillo should have taken him out back and beaten his ***. As a matter of fact, I think Tubbs would even get stomped by a bunch of **** for wearing that. P.S., Lar! said he would've bought that blazer in an instant! It's just those ******* lapels that completely wreck it. As you can see, for some reason I'm very ******* passionate on the issue of Tubbs' outfits in season ******* five.

• Administrators

It wasn't just Tubbs. Valerie looks like an audition for a clown at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in this outfit!Eingefügtes Bild

• Haha 1

I don´t understand why you all don´t like Rico fashion during the last season !:confused:In my opinion not only Rico´s fashion, but also Sonny´s is extravagant and this Season 5 style enrich VICE !!!:clap:I would call this new fashion - new (not pastel-colored etc.) style !

Guest neworder

Joe - crocketts was fine for the most part in Season 5, except for his occasional leather jackets. Crocketts Season 5 fashion stands the test of time better than all the other styles he wore over the series, Tubbs' however is a disaster and cant see why anyone would wear such clothes, they are hideous. Valerie does look like an idiot when she enters OCB in TMTL lol

I think Rico´s best style was in Season 1 where he didn´t wear ties and looked more casual. Season 5 was the one with the worst style. With a look at the pattern of his jackets someone could become blind!

Rico was undercover as a Professor of art when he wore the most outlandish clothes. It fit the part. The white double-breated jacket & shirts actually looked pretty cool!Valerie did look hideous........:hippie:

• Like 1

Joe - crocketts was fine for the most part in Season 5' date=' except for his occasional leather jackets. Crocketts Season 5 fashion stands the test of time better than all the other styles he wore over the series[/quote']Crockett's S5 attire is perfectly acceptable today. I've said it before, I've done the jacket-jeans-t-shirt look numerous times, and have received only compliments. Not too dressed up, not too dressed down, looks real slick.I actually liked the occasional leather jacket, though. I'm glad he didn't wear them every episode, but I felt they really fit into the "bada*s" mood of so much of the season.

I agree, Lar. I really like the leather jacket and jeans look on Crockett too. Infact I've adopted it myself. I started wearing jeans for the first time in years and I recently bought a black leather jacket too. It's a great look IMO. It was also the outfit of Bill Petersen in To Live and Die In LA.

Guest The Talk

It wasn't just Tubbs. Valerie looks like an audition for a clown at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in this outfit!

Valerie did look hideous........:hippie:

Good to know that (some) men think the same way I do. :thumbsup:RicoMaybe the producers hoped to make this style as popular (famous) as Sonny's style was.

• 2 weeks later...

That beard didn't help early in the season, what the hell was that? He looked like Bob Villa!

Edited by agent 47
Space bar is your friend.

• 1 year later...

Universal decided to use all of the old curtains and old carpets as main actors clothes.

Good one...I've been watching Season Five' date=' some great episodes like "World of Trouble." Was wondering myself why he was dressed like a 70's pimp?:D[/color']