Why does Tubbs look like an idiot in Season 5?

Guest neworder

• 1 month later...

The only time Tubbs got it together looks-wise in Season 5 was in "Freefall." They knew it was the last show of the series and the last time to look cool, so PMT whipped out the St. Christopher medallion and the shades, which we hadn't seen since Seasons 1 and 2 ...Eingefügtes Bild

• 2 weeks later...

I love Tubbs´ most when he´s dressed more casual and not wearing a tie. But these jackets he´s wearing in season 5 remind me to the cushion covers my mother had used on our couch in the 70s. Dreadful!

That beard didn't help early in the season' date='what the hell was that?He looked like Bob Villa![/quote']Guess I'm in the minority, liked the beard. :thumbsup:

Guess I'm in the minority' date=' liked the beard. :thumbsup:[/quote'] I thought it made him look definitely classy. PMT had a Teddy Pendergrass look going for him! :cool:

Guess I'm in the minority' date=' liked the beard. :thumbsup:[/quote'] As you can see in my avatar, I also liked Tubbs with a beard, but a beard AND casual clothes would have been best!:happy:

So I'm not the only one after all. :DTubbs looked very mature and sexy with the beard, it was well groomed at all times. :happy::happy:

As you can see in my avatar' date=' I also liked Tubbs with a beard, but a beard AND casual clothes would have been best!:happy:[/quote'] He had a casual type of look going in Hostile Takeover ...Eingefügtes Bild

I have no idea why Tubbs waredrobe was so visually disturbing ....Switeks seemed to be just as bad in the fifth season....Just watched "To Have and To Hold"...Tubbs is wearing knee high boots that looked like waders for the entire ep..it was laughable

I have no idea why Tubbs waredrobe was so visually disturbing ....Switeks seemed to be just as bad in the fifth season....Just watched "To Have and To Hold"...Tubbs is wearing knee high boots that looked like waders for the entire ep..it was laughable

Especially considering the whole idea of giving him the beard the year prior was to make Tubbs even classier; notice how his Season 4 suits are more classic-looking, too. They completely reversed that in Season 5 and made him trendier than ever.I dunno, maybe it was a lack of a budget in the final year and they had to dress him in cheap clothes? :birdie:

• 2 weeks later...
The only time Tubbs got it together looks-wise in Season 5 was in "Freefall." They knew it was the last show of the series and the last time to look cool' date=' so PMT whipped out the St. Christopher medallion and the shades, which we hadn't seen since Seasons 1 and 2 ...[/quote'] Of course DJ was allotted his 'open wardrobe chip' by the producers for the very last scene in Freefall, when he broke out no less than his alma mater University of Kansas JayHawks T-Shirt under his waist jacket when leaving the marina slip, long look back at the St. Vitus and Scarab, and meeting Tubbs for the ending handshake over the 'stolen' Testarossa...

Maybe he was trying to emanate Don King?Eingefügtes BildThat does look like something he would wearEingefügtes Bild

Possibly an astigmatism test....do not adjust your monitor...I don't know if anyone has noticed...recently watching MV on an large HD screen, the episodes on Centric network look amazingly clear and crisp...nearly like they were shot on video tape, rather than film....it gives them a nearly soap opera look...IMOA...

Possibly an astigmatism test....do not adjust your monitor...I don't know if anyone has noticed...recently watching MV on an large HD screen' date=' the episodes on Centric network look amazingly clear and crisp...nearly like they were shot on video tape, rather than film....it gives them a nearly soap opera look...IMOA...[/quote'] Imagine how great they would look if they re-released the series on Blu-Ray! Though, I'd rather see a reunion movie first.

Of course DJ was allotted his 'open wardrobe chip' by the producers for the very last scene in Freefall' date=' when he broke out no less than his alma mater University of Kansas JayHawks T-Shirt under his waist jacket when leaving the marina slip, long look back at the St. Vitus and Scarab, and meeting Tubbs for the ending handshake over the 'stolen' Testarossa...[/quote'] If DJ truly wanted to stay in character, he'd have worn a Florida Gators shirt.

• 1 month later...

Yeah some of the fashions coming from Italy late 80's/ early 90's were godawful, almost 70's bad. I think some of those Tubbs suits are Byblos, one of the worst offenders.

Yeah some of the fashions coming from Italy late 80's/ early 90's were godawful' date=' almost 70's bad. I think some of those Tubbs suits are Byblos, one of the worst offenders.[/quote'] I think what dated Tubbs' wardrobe the most were all the patterns, the paisleys and the polka dots he wore in the final season. Clothes he wore in the early days of the show are older but look more up-to-date and modern because they were mostly solid colored.

• 4 months later...
:D Ah man' date=' I can't help it....I just love the title of this thread! LOL! :D:D[/quote'] I hate this title:cry:, even though I also think that his clothes looked dreadfully in season 5. Maybe, he had had a blind advisor in fashion question.

:D Ah man' date=' I can't help it....I just love the title of this thread! LOL! :D:D[/quote']
I hate this title:cry:' date=' even though I also think that his clothes looked dreadfully in season 5. Maybe, he had had a blind advisor in fashion question.[/quote']I know, I know...your the biggest TUBBS fan on our website! :thumbsup:I didn't care for his clothes in season 5 either, but I just think the title of this thread is funny. I'm sure he meant no disrespect to Tubbs.

COOPER&BURNETTI know, I know...your the biggest TUBBS fan on our website!

Probably, you´re right, Coop!:) And every time, I´ve got the feeling that something doesn´t sound nice in consider of him, I think that I must defend him! That´s me!;)

Probably' date=' you´re right, Coop!:) And every time, I´ve got the feeling that something doesn´t sound nice in consider of him, I think that I must defend him! That´s me!;)[/quote']And we love you for that! We'd be disapointed if you didn't.STAND UP FOR YOUR MAN!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

• Administrators

Well Valerie was no prize dresser either in season 5. :eek:She looked like a clown auditioning for Ringling Bros and Barnum Bailey Circus! Eingefügtes Bild