Why does Tubbs look like an idiot in Season 5?

Guest neworder

Well Valerie was no prize dresser either in season 5. :eek:She looked like a clown auditioning for Ringling Bros and Barnum Bailey Circus! Eingefügtes Bild

I thought it was Janet Jackson at first. :rolleyes::)(Pam is MUCH prettier than Janet)

• 4 years later...

The title of this thread is funny! No disrespect to Tubbs I'm sure, maybe even PMT would laugh at some of his Season 5 fashion.

The clothing of season 5 is truly questionable and lost the 80s pastel magic. Tubbs looks like a fool and Crockett should NEVER be in jeans.

I don't know, I don't have a problem with the Tubbs look in Season 5, I think he (PMT) was trying to show that he's grown as a character and has more of an eclectic taste in clothes.  Sure, they're not mainstream and it wouldn't be the way a real vice cop would dress (IMO), but how many times could he wear those jackets from Season 2 without someone saying "do you own any other clothes?"  I also don't have a problem with Crockett wearing jeans for the same reason, he was burnt at that point and this was his "Casual Friday" outfit every day.  If anything, I'm surprised Castillo didn't change up from the suit he wore for the entire series, but that was his "look." 

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

I suspect it was because the late Gianni Versace had become a good friend of the show. The later Tubbs outfits scream Versace styling (which isn't my cup of tea).

• Administrators

Leading the way for the 90s, I guess. Early 90s fashion was quite horrific.

Leading the way for the 90s, I guess. Early 90s fashion was quite horrific.

Agreed, it was brutal. I blame the mainstreaming of hip hop. Just look at Vanilla Ice.

• Like 1

Yeah you guys see Freefall, Crockett in jeans and his Kansas t shirt, that is early 90's right there..the only thing that redeems that look is the white jacket he is wearing..Tubbs on the other hand finally got it together fashion wise, wearing his pendent again, looks more Season 1-2.

The clothing of season 5 is truly questionable and lost the 80s pastel magic. Tubbs looks like a fool and Crockett should NEVER be in jeans.

It's the same logic behind people who argue that James Bond should never wear jeans, which he did in Quantum of Solace. Crockett became too much of a grizzled, long haired cowboy/biker in the final season. But we hear that's what DJ wanted from the start, so he got his way in the end.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

i actually like some of Tubbs clothing in season 5. better than his plain season 4 suits. Those were the changing styles at the time.

• 3 months later...

In the context of the show, it's understandable (esp. in a chronilogical sense), but if you just happened to land on one of those images while channel surfing, then yeah--a little out there. 

This actually happened to me. I was recording reruns as a kid to complete my vhs set for the series. One day they showed "The Lost Modonnna" (which I hadn't seen yet at the time) after a season 2 Ep. 

I turned it on and saw Sonny and Rico at the Port of Miami gate and didn't even recognize them at first! I certainly didn't recognize Michael Chiklas! :) 

Edited by nofretz

• 3 years later...