PMT AUTOGRAPHED 1 $ BILL

COOPER&BURNETT

LOL an autographed PMT dollar is about the last thing I would have expected to see today! Too cool!Had no idea PMT wrote a book' date=' BTW. I wants.[/quote']I'm guessing it's not a book per se, but a pamplet of sayings. I'm also under the belief that it was self published. Not sure any exist anymore...

If it were self-published, I would guess any remaining copies would be found wherever PMT was living at the time; If it were nationally distributed in any kind of quantity, you'd think there would be at least a little more info on it. Since none of us really know anything about it, I'll agree with you and say it was a self-published effort. As for any copies surviving the years, never say never. Ever since they found a complete copy of Metropolis, anything's possible, in my eyes. This actually reminds me of a story I read recently: A copy of a self-published but released Canadian Atari 2600 game from 1983 had gone virtually unknown & undiscovered up until this past year, when it came to light. Atari collectors are a pretty thorough bunch, so relatively speaking, it's a pretty amazing discovery. I'd say the same thing applies to PMT's 'book'. I don't hold out much hope of coming across it at Goodwill, buy hey, you never know...

any kind of quantity, you'd think there would be at least a little more info on it. Since none of us really know anything about it, I'll agree with you and say it was a self-published effort. As for any copies surviving the years, never say never. Ever since they found a complete copy of Metropolis, anything's possible, in my eyes. This actually reminds me of a story I read recently: A copy of a self-published but released Canadian Atari 2600 game from 1983 had gone virtually unknown & undiscovered up until this past year, when it came to light. Atari collectors are a pretty thorough bunch, so relatively speaking, it's a pretty amazing discovery. I'd say the same thing applies to PMT's 'book'. I don't hold out much hope of coming across it at Goodwill, buy hey, you never know...

Point well taken. He may have a copy himself, as well as members of his family, or friends.I'll agree that it most likely still exists in very limited form. :thumbsup: