PMT AUTOGRAPHED 1 $ BILL

COOPER&BURNETT

Here's an interesting item that I aquired.This is a VICE era PMT autographed U.S. 1 dollar bill with a message to someone specific, and I happen to know who it was for.Eingefügtes Bild * CLICK ONTO THE BILL PHOTO TO SEE A SUPER-SIZED PICTURE!There is some mystery to what was written on it, so I had to do some detective work to figure out exactly what was written on it.As you can see, the red ink that PMT used to write on this bill has faded quite a bit.How did I figure out what was written on it? You'll discover on page 2 what I did to figure it out.ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!

Eingefügtes BildFirst, a little history. This Vice era PMT autographed 1 dollar bill came from the estate of the late JOHN EK.John was a gun shop owner, a military knifemaker (pretty much invented the U.S. commando knife which is still being made, and used by the military), private detective, and a CIA operative.John had family ties to Miami, who's son lives there. John's knives were taken to war by hundreds of thousands of servicemen in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf war and met several Presidents and Generals.This bill (a regular 1985 1 dollar bill) was signed to John's wife, Elsa Ek. She most likely went to the set of MIAMI VICE with John in 1986.Now, what is written on it? This took a little effort.First, I looked at it thru a magnifying glass. I still couldn't read it.Second, I tried a trick that investigators try. I put it under different colored light to either make the background fade out, or the writing to stand out. I put it under about five different colored LED lights. It just barely made the writing pop out, but the writing was so faded, I still couldn't quite make it out.Now what??Finally, I figured that I could research what what PMT has written in inspirational writings during the VICE period. I could read the last few words, "...hand of the giver!"I googled, PMT + hand of the giver!, and found a page that said this....http://books.google.com/books?id=Vin_JzudmwcC&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=philip+michael+thomas+%22the+hand+of+the+giver!%22&source=bl&ots=fr7t-YWqmA&sig=KWc_DZl8oskKLN_dM91dARfxAOM&hl=en&ei=GiW-Tt7tPIfliALrv_XBAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=philip%20michael%20thomas%20%22the%20hand%20of%20the%20giver!%22&f=trueNow, I finally had my answer!It reads:9-2-86To ElsaThe Fragrance of the Rose never leaves the hand of the giver! Love TubbsPhilip Michael ThomasAnother great addition to my MIAMI VICE collection!

Love the bill and the saying on it.:thumbsup: It seems it comes from a book that PMT wrote in 1983, does anyone would happen to own this book (Perfect Moment of Truth Sayings)? Maybe you Coop? Because it seems very inspiring and indeed contains one of this beautiful sayings.:radar:

Wow that's great, Coop :thumbsup:Philip must have carried those with him all the time. I remember we saw him kind of standing off by himself and decided to go talk to him and tell him how much we loved him and Miami Vice. He pulled out that card with his picture and wrote on it. That was so nice of him :cool:

Wow that's great' date=' Coop :thumbsup:Philip must have carried those with him all the time. I remember we saw him kind of standing off by himself and decided to go talk to him and tell him how much we loved him and Miami Vice. He pulled out that card with his picture and wrote on it. That was so nice of him :cool:[/quote']Was he in street clothes, or did he carry these cards in his MIAMI VICE suit?

Great detective work Mr C&B' date=' most impressive. But writing in red is a no no![/quote']I'm guessing he thought it would stand out from the background.But alas, as you said, Red is not an approved MIAMI VICE color. Michael Mann would not be pleased.

An interesting little story to be told' date=' about origins of this item. :clap:[/quote']Yep, the story does make it even more interesting. I'll preserve it, and keep it safe. :thumbsup:

Love the bill and the saying on it.[/SIZE">

:thumbsup: It seems it comes from a book that PMT wrote in 1983' date=' does anyone would happen to own this book ([b']Perfect Moment of Truth Sayings)? Maybe you Coop? Because it seems very inspiring and indeed contains one of this beautiful sayings.:radar:

Man...I wish I did have it. I'll get it sometime, and I'll post it here. You can count on it. :thumbsup:

Man...I wish I did have it. I'll get it sometime' date=' and I'll post it here. You can count on it. :thumbsup:[/quote']No problem, without your precious dollar bill find and the story behind it (which is excellent) I wouldn't have known about the book's existence in the first place. Seems like the book is hard to find, but somehow I already know it will one day appear in the scrapbook. Thanks once again Coop!:cool:

No problem' date=' without your precious dollar bill find and the story behind it (which is excellent) I wouldn't have known about the book's existence in the first place. Seems like the book is hard to find, but somehow I already know it will one day appear in the scrapbook. Thanks once again Coop!:cool:[/quote']The book IS very hard to find, as they were printed in very low numbers (perhaps self published). I've never seen one.I'm guessing it's a "book" with very few pages, not like a novel or something.

• 3 weeks later...

That is so :cool: Cooper,that is a keepsake and an very interesting story behind it.Thats the thing about MV there is some interesting stories behind the scenes which makes the show so special in alot of ways

Was he in street clothes' date=' or did he carry these cards in his MIAMI VICE suit?[/quote']I don't remember what he had on or exactly the circumstances. I'll check my 89 trip story and see if I put it in there.

• 1 month later...

This is a VICE era PMT autographed U.S. 1 dollar bill with a message to someone specific' date=' and I happen to know who it was for.[/size']Eingefügtes Bild * CLICK ONTO THE BILL PHOTO TO SEE A SUPER-SIZED PICTURE!There is some mystery to what was written on it, so I had to do some detective work to figure out exactly what was written on it.As you can see, the red ink that PMT used to write on this bill has faded quite a bit.How did I figure out what was written on it? You'll discover on page 2 what I did to figure it out.ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!

Great bill to have!!I really like what was written on it.

Great bill to have!!I really like what was written on it.

He sure liked writing words of wisdom and encouragement.....and some way out there things too. :)I am happy to have it in my collection!