Columbia House Music Replacements

Viceman Cometh

I'm getting curious about Vice's "alternate history" from its life on the Columbia House video cassette collections. The most widely discussed has been a music replacement during the legendary "Voices" boat scene. What song was used instead? Is the scene, with the replacement song, on youtube? What were some of the other glaring music replacements? I'd like to find them and experience these alternative Vice realities.

• Administrators

Columbia House released 10 VHS tapes of Vice episodes. The only one with major music substitutions is "The Return of Calderone" ("Hit List" / "Calderone's Demise") "Voices" was replaced with "Can't Turn back" by Red Rider (used in "Tale of the Goat") and "What's Love Got To Do With It" was replaced by Joe Cocker's "Many Rivers to Cross" (used in "The Prodigal Son") I don't remember if any others were changed. I can understand your curiosity but I can guarantee you'll be disappointed! After years of watching these episodes you immediately realize how important the music was. They just sound wrong!What I don't understand is why substitute with songs that were obviously cleared for other episodes?The only other music replacement was the very first scene of the Pilot. The Stones "Miss You" was replaced with a few seconds of similar sounding guitar music.