• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Beach_Vice

• Brother in Arms

• mvnyc

they look great :D

Thanks Matt5! I also think these are VERY cool "MIAMI VICE" looking clothes. I wore these this spring and summer! :thumbsup:

Love the MV look in those clothes:thumbsup:You have a fabulous wardrobe' date=' Coop :cool:[/quote']Ahhhh.....thanks my friend! I've got to honor DJ, and Sonny Crockett! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I've read all your jacket threads (funny pun.)Thing is, my interest is limitless, everything else is limited. That's an issue.Do you have more shirts like you showed? Remember when I asked a long time ago about the white shirt/jacket that Crockett wore at the beginning of Golden Triangle? Well, still haven't seen anything like it. How's that possible? Do I live in a style black hole where designer stores stock the same stuff Wal-Mart does?http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?7150-Season-1-Jacket-Question&highlight=Beach_viceStill would love to find something like that, have you found one?

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?7150-Season-1-Jacket-Question&highlight=Beach_viceStill would love to find something like that, have you found one?

I've never found one.I will though.I'm so honored that you have read all my Blazer threads. I have a few more vice style outerwear, but they are either not really vice like, or they are blazers that are so similar (for example light blue), that those look like ones I've posted already. It takes too much time to set up a shot, and redress each time, unless I really have an interesting jacket to show. I suppose I could do at least 8 or more I suppose, but remember, I also have about 7 or more white blazers, why show them all, they mostly look the same? There are subtle differences, but in photos, they all may look the same. I do have more, but they aren't as eye catching as the one's I've already posted.

That's cool. Don't take pics of doubles, I agree there's no point. Say, is the blue jacket in this thread like the one on the forum header? The pic with Crockett flashing his badge and the Bernay's sign in the background? At least that's the forum header I see. I'm wondering if it's the same blue.

That's cool. Don't take pics of doubles' date=' I agree there's no point. Say, is the blue jacket in this thread like the one on the forum header? The pic with Crockett flashing his badge and the Bernay's sign in the background? At least that's the forum header I see. I'm wondering if it's the same blue.[/quote']GOOD QUESTION!!If it's not the same color....it's darn close!!I wonder if mine would look different with a flash, or in harsh sunlight?I love the color! How about you?

Well, you know what? You don't have to ask me. I'm biased, these styles should come back. That's an awesome color. Thing to note though, when Crockett wore bright colors, he was more serious. Maybe that was to balance the image. When he wore 'safer' colors, he had more of a sense of humor. You gotta be some kind of cool to do it. You need a presence that overshadows the visuals, and that's what I like about Crockett. His presence makes him cool no matter what he wears, white over bright, or Leather jacket and torn jeans.The Smuggler's Blues clothes are one of a kind. Never seen that color combo before. Seems like a nautical theme maybe? IDK, it explodes with an image of freedom and relaxation, but at the same time doesn't take crap from anyone. I also think those colors make a person li=ook lighter in their shoes. Sky and sand are a natural beauty after all. It has to project a paradise kind of image to anyone that sees it. Probably why i think Nautical.Sorry if I'm a bit long winded.

Well' date=' you know what? You don't have to ask me. I'm biased, these styles should come back. That's an awesome color. Thing to note though, when Crockett wore bright colors, he was more serious. Maybe that was to balance the image. When he wore 'safer' colors, he had more of a sense of humor. You gotta be some kind of cool to do it. You need a presence that overshadows the visuals, and that's what I like about Crockett. His presence makes him cool no matter what he wears, white over bright, or Leather jacket and torn jeans.The Smuggler's Blues clothes are one of a kind. Never seen that color combo before. Seems like a nautical theme maybe? IDK, it explodes with an image of freedom and relaxation, but at the same time doesn't take crap from anyone. I also think those colors make a person li=ook lighter in their shoes. Sky and sand are a natural beauty after all. It has to project a paradise kind of image to anyone that sees it. Probably why i think Nautical.Sorry if I'm a bit long winded.[/quote']Nautical sounds right. It's also close to the colors of the MIAMI DOLPHINS. For some reason, the pilot episode white jacket, blue shirt, white pants is what everyone (even non vice fans) remember, but I think the SMUGGLER'S BLUES color combo may be a serious fan favorite. Every fan remembers it, and seems to like it.I always perfered the pastels. It was the first time I ever considered wearing pink, and lavender! Guys don't wear those colors! Ahhh....but MIAMI VICE made it acceptable, and I did start wearing them. Now, I have TONS of pastel clothes! Pastel colors all seem to work together, unlike bold primary colors, or browns. That is why my pastel clothes seem almost interchangeable...everything goes together.I bleed pastel.I wish the styles would come back, but in the meantime, I still wear the stuff everyday.Do you wear pastel, or vice styled clothes?

Well, for work I wear jeans and t-shirts, usually black. If I wear colors, I stay away from bold, but pastel is hard to find. I wear light blue, something like the blue blazer in the header. Another color I wear is yellow, but it has to be a light yellow, as close to pastel as possible as I don't want to light up a room, just give it a flicker or two. I have three jackets, gray, blue and black. Pretty formal I know. Those colors look good in a lined jacket, where lighter colors don't (in my opinion.)Really, I wear blues. I love wearing white shirts over dark tees, but nice white shirts that don't look like dress shirts un-tucked are also hard to find. Aqua is probably my favorite color of shirt, but i can't find that either. Horizontal stripes are hard to find on a button shirt, and I don't like vertical stripes; too country/western for my taste. I only wear my jackets when I'm off work, I'm an electrician. I wear them out to supper or family events. I'm almost 31 and not very used to wearing jackets yet. I can't pull of light colored pants, so I buy a dark gray or charcoal color. If you know of good websites that sell pastels, please PM me, or start another thread about it even. I stay away from red, doesn't work with my skin tone. Orange is not a common color to find and it's usually bold when I do find it, so I never wear orange. Yellow I like, but not paired with white. Green depends on the shade, I don't usually wear green. Blue is best for me. Purple is off limits as told to me by the GF. Pink doesn't mesh with my personality, and I'm a bit afraid to go there. Earth tones, ahh the nineties, are very common here in winter. So I have them, but I try to stick to grays. Gray I wear a lot. Different shades and different textures of gray. I use a color under a gray shirt to look more lively. I come across to most people I meet as if tired. I just don't open my eyes very wide; hey, I'm a relaxed person. The eyes are blue, probably why blues work on me. As far as color, there's that and I've only ever bought monochromatic colored cars.What I like about most of your blazers is they're not bold. The grays, dark and light contrasts, the subtle color or texture, I like. I also like strong designs, so the patterned blazers are A-O-K to me.Which colors do you wear most? Or do you constantly mix it up?

Well' date=' for work I wear jeans and t-shirts, usually black. If I wear colors, I stay away from bold, but pastel is hard to find. I wear light blue, something like the blue blazer in the header. Another color I wear is yellow, but it has to be a light yellow, as close to pastel as possible as I don't want to light up a room, just give it a flicker or two. I have three jackets, gray, blue and black. Pretty formal I know. Those colors look good in a lined jacket, where lighter colors don't (in my opinion.)Really, I wear blues. I love wearing white shirts over dark tees, but nice white shirts that don't look like dress shirts un-tucked are also hard to find. Aqua is probably my favorite color of shirt, but i can't find that either. Horizontal stripes are hard to find on a button shirt, and I don't like vertical stripes; too country/western for my taste. I only wear my jackets when I'm off work, I'm an electrician. I wear them out to supper or family events. I'm almost 31 and not very used to wearing jackets yet. I can't pull of light colored pants, so I buy a dark gray or charcoal color. If you know of good websites that sell pastels, please PM me, or start another thread about it even. I stay away from red, doesn't work with my skin tone. Orange is not a common color to find and it's usually bold when I do find it, so I never wear orange. Yellow I like, but not paired with white. Green depends on the shade, I don't usually wear green. Blue is best for me. Purple is off limits as told to me by the GF. Pink doesn't mesh with my personality, and I'm a bit afraid to go there. Earth tones, ahh the nineties, are very common here in winter. So I have them, but I try to stick to grays. Gray I wear a lot. Different shades and different textures of gray. I use a color under a gray shirt to look more lively. I come across to most people I meet as if tired. I just don't open my eyes very wide; hey, I'm a relaxed person. The eyes are blue, probably why blues work on me. As far as color, there's that and I've only ever bought monochromatic colored cars.What I like about most of your blazers is they're not bold. The grays, dark and light contrasts, the subtle color or texture, I like. I also like strong designs, so the patterned blazers are A-O-K to me.Which colors do you wear most? Or do you constantly mix it up?[/quote']Thank you for your descriptions! I enjoyed reading it.What colors do I wear most? That's easy. Grey. Grey in Blazers are my thing. Grey (like pastel grey) goes with anything, and any color, so many of my blazers have grey in them. I mix up the colors and shirts all the time. The color blazers that I wear the least? Solid White. I'm insecure with solid white blazers, so I'm forcing myself to get used to it. I have a pink pastel jacket, and it takes a knarly pair of nads to get up the strength to actually walk out the door with a pink jacket. :D I must admit, the pastel green one seldom gets worn...but I have done it.The pattern ones are the most fun for me, as to me, it's a work of art! I wear the solid pastel clothes and jackets more often. The pattern ones REALLY make you stand out, and get noticed.Here's something I have never told anyone. On my days off, I go to a local coffee shop, and ALWAYS wear a different blazer everytime I go in. Then I sit outside drinking it, and people watch. Always with my raybans and rolex on. I wonder what the coffee servers think? I wonder what the customers think!? I keep wondering if anyone will say something, like, are you rich? That's a unique jacket. Hey good looking, wanna F-me? :) So far, they have always been professional, and just asked the usual, "want room for cream"? "Do you have a coffee card with us? Wanna join?" etc. Just small talk. It's an experiment, not sure how it will end up. I've done this for about 7 months now or longer.You may want to try pastel shirts at THE GAP. That's where I get mine. Not sure what they have online, or in the stores in the winter, but in spring/summer, they have the greatest pastel shirts. Every year, the pastel color changes a bit. One blue may be lighter the following year etc. I love the shirts at THE GAP.Perhaps I should show more jackets on this thread when I get the time.The blue SMUGGLER'S BLUES jacket I have is a two button version (Crockett's most common button type), and the original is one button. Mine has patch pockets (also common) but the original has slash pockets. Both mine, and the original are half lined, and ventless in the back. It's one of the VERY HARDEST colors to come by in a blazer...VERY HARD to find just that right color.

Unless you're being sarcastic' date=' a belt maybe? :p[/quote']:D:D:DNo, no, no.... The loop near the pants button, (under it to the right) not the belt loops! :D

That's an interesting find. However, unlike the picture in the link, mine is offset. Doesn't seem to work lining up a belt or buckle when it's offest. I don't think that is what it's for, unless I have more evidence of it's use in that location.I'm starting to think it was made to be a cool way to hang sunglasses.

O.k., now I tried to wear a belt with the pants, and put the belt's prong through it to keep the belt into place....and the belt still moves either way, left or right, by about 4-5 inches in either direction if I barely move it. It absolutely does NOT hold the belt in place. :rolleyes:I find it an extremely worthless detail. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Eingefügtes BildThis is my favorite of the bunch. It REALLY speaks "VICE" to me!Do you like the jackets? Let me know and post a comment!

That one I REALLY LIKE! Other than that really deep blue one you have this has to be second fav!Nice find......................

That one I REALLY LIKE! Other than that really deep blue one you have this has to be second fav!Nice find......................

I too just LOVE this blazer. It's one of my VERY top favorites. It's so.....80's, and unique. Never seen another like it. Glad it's my size.Can you imagine wearing this while piloting your Stinger?