DJ article from 90s - please help

cheetah

Some time ago I read a big article about DJ on "Nash Bridges" set. (Maybe from "LA Times", but I'm not sure at all). The reporter described spending a day with Don, mostly on the set taking interview and asking some crew members about him, but also some time off work... in fact the article was not very favorable to DJ, but interesting anyway. Now I can't find it anywhere... :cry: Perhaps it was on some DJ fansite that doesn't exist anymore. If anyone knows this article and where to find it, please help. :) (Or redirect me if it was posted on this site and I have missed it. :))

Sorry, I'm not sure... but looks like it is. Made some Internet research - and yes, I found it! :happy: The reporter is the same for sure. Here's the link:http://articles.latimes.com/1999/mar/28/entertainment/ca-21778Don't forget it has several pages... ;) And I also bumped on some "reviews" of this article:http://articles.latimes.com/1999/apr/04/entertainment/ca-23939http://articles.latimes.com/1999/apr/11/entertainment/ca-26193So thanks a lot for your help in my "detective work", DJAngel. :):D And if your article is different, it would be great to read it too. ;)

Hii DJAngel!I do not know this article.It would be more than nice if I may please you for scanning.Thanks a lot in any case!!!

Check out my links and maybe you won't have to wait. ;)

Love the article.Don says people compare him to a God.I would say the devil,I like bad boys.I think people in Hollywood and else where should have more respect for Don,there wasting a great asset.Don can act,we all know that,Hes done some fantastic work in tv and movies,Don needs better roles in movies and hope he gets them.

Check out my links and maybe you won't have to wait. ;)

:oOooops!:o Thanks for the reminder and help. I have not recognized that as this article. Now I have everything I want!:done: PERFECT !

That commentary on this article by DJ's sister Jamie Skylar really made me confused... :confused: For example, she says that the hugely wide-spread and repeated story about Don hot-wiring a car and arrested when he was 12 wasn't true... but I believe Don even told it himself in some interviews (at least written ones, I'm not that sure about TV). Does it mean the interviews were incorrect and muchly invented, or did he supported the story made up by reporters, just for people's fun or whatever else? And if the sister was lying, then it doesn't make any sense to me at all. The same with "living with the stripper" thing... actually the girl I'd read about before was a waitress or something (the one that DJ was "studying Braille anatomy with"... :)), and again I remember DJ telling in an interview that he had gone to live with her at his senior school years because he "couldn't stand his mother"... now it looks that nothing happened and he lived with his mother all right. :confused: Not that it all so important, but I'm just curious... :confused:

And curiosity is always good!First: I can only describe the feelings which I had while reading the listed articles. I do not know what is true what is untrue.Don's sister has always tried to tell what the media wanted to hear.In this respect I am careful of any statements given by her The conducted interview with Don is unrealistic to me.In a good interview isn't shown something about 'condescending gifts' or what was eaten and drunk. Superfluous!There are better interviews - - better, means more honest to me.It seems to me the concerned interview is a bit decorated like a ‘Christmas tree’.The bells were hung there, where they look nice.Unfortunately NOT where they had a firm hold.My general feeling is towards that interviews from the 80's had more reality.But Don has also learned to.Previously he has divulged simple everything ....Later, no longer.Presumably this was very reasonable but unsatisfactory for the interviewers and the media.In that fact the latest interviews were often a bit embellished. 'Effective media' - so it can be sold. To that extent there will be differences between the statements over the years.... and a waitress? My godness - me and my limited ability of translation ... :rolleyes: (sorry for that, it makes all much more difficult) I know only of a babysitter for his younger siblings .. and a teacher with whom he has lived together in time. But for that I would have this 'nice' wording: "Braille studying anatomy with" ;) ... once to translate correctly.Insofar I'm hoping I'm on the right way.Don's relationship with his mother was most often described as follows:"Yes, I loved her - very! But could not live together with !!" but you know that better than me.And I think with this thesis he isn’t standing alone......;)