Opening/Closing Montage Locations

miamijimf

On 9/14/2018 at 8:08 AM, Matt5 said:

For 1988s “A Bullet for Crockett” from Season 4 the Haulover Beach closing credits shot was quite unique- it was one of the very few times, if only time since the Pilot, in the Series run we saw the camera rolling/ looking so north. Particularly unique is the closing credits feature on Haulover Pier (“Rock and a Hard Place”) then moving south to more familiar closing credits scenes we see in the series run.

This is the best view we get of Haulover Pier and Haulover Park from the Straits of Florida in the Series 5-year run.  @miamijimf

88BD3111-19D4-4E9E-8CF2-C9E5C07FCC4D.jpeg

63454C5F-4505-4054-94EA-DD014D9C555D.jpeg

Cool.  CGlide has detailed the opening montages on his site.  Someone should do the closing montages.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

Cool.  CGlide has detailed the opening montages on his site.  Someone should do the closing montages.

Yeah, we got an expert for every detail here on the site! :dance2:

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2016 at 8:10 PM, C Glide said:

Breaking news: Long hidden pool location from opening montage. I watched the Pilot on blue ray today and what a difference. One of the things that stood out was the clarity of the background in this shot. wpa3da07f2.pngWhile this is an old screen capture and we don't see that clarity, it was clear to me now with my current knowledge and experience where this must have been filmed. Location found. Grove Island Resort and Spa on Grove Island.

This location is headed for its demise.

http://www.themarkersgroveisle.com/

The-Markers.thumb.jpg.af72b1bc5aabde4b8f7c9fe933f63c2d.jpg

But it doesn't seem to be a sure thing as the project has been proposed for many years.

https://www.miamiluxuryhomes.com/the-markers-grove-isle-coconut-groves-newest-luxury-condo-development/

https://www.miamitodaynews.com/2018/02/20/markers-grove-isle-battles-way-condo-starting-line/

• Sad 1

If I lived there I would be concerned about rising sea levels.  I've noticed that more recent photos of the stone barge at Vizcaya show the center almost under water while photos 50+ yrs ago show it high and dry.  Don't think it is because of different tides.  I've heard that the cities of Miami and the Beach are worried about sea levels.  Throughout known history seal levels have changed so it may be a natural phenomenon but the good news is that it's a very slow process. 

• 3 weeks later...

We see this clip during the closing credits of "Redemption In Blood".  I believe that's the only time it's used.  I am baffled by this location.  Two beaches at right angles to each other?  Maybe not Florida?

redemptionclose.png.6c08b0e626f222b11a0e31b2c035e1b0.png

Edited by airtommy

21 minutes ago, airtommy said:

We see this clip during the closing credits of "Redemption In Blood".  I believe that's the only time it's used.  I am baffled by this location.  Two beaches at right angles to each other?  Maybe not Florida?

We see this clip during “El Viego” and “Forgive us our Debts” also in the closing montage. I looked at Key Biscayne and Crandon Park as I remembered just last month seeing signs like that off the shoreline. Funnily enough only yesterday I looked at this clip,  maybe Virginia Key?

From the blu-ray set -

FAA6EA2F-3020-4781-BD2F-1238468B6377.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

We see this clip during “El Viego” and “Forgive us our Debts” also in the closing montage. I looked at Key Biscayne and Crandon Park as I remembered just last month seeing signs like that off the shoreline. Funnily enough only yesterday I looked at this clip,  maybe Virginia Key?

Hmm, Crandon is possible, with a huge zoom.

crandonbeach.png.a259ba72da84193f89e056b9fc3218f7.png

Virginia Key could work, too.  I see now that the zoom makes the angles look totally different.

20 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Hmm, Crandon is possible, with a huge zoom.

crandonbeach.png.a259ba72da84193f89e056b9fc3218f7.png

Virginia Key could work, too.  I see now that the zoom makes the angles look totally different.

I would say Crandon Park we see those straw huts also in the teaser of Golden Triangle Part 2 and there is also a wall like that at Crandon Park which you do not have at Virginia Key.

This was a photo I took from Key Biscayne and Crandon Park last month  - I’ve only seen those wooden posts with signs on there not at Virginia Key or Miami Beach. And pic 2 the wall.

A2B2D9BD-A53D-4AAC-B87A-494DEADB8016.jpeg

4B233A09-C540-41A7-94F7-E736F81CF1CC.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, airtommy said:

IMO Crandon is the best bet, if it's in Miami, but I'm not certain that's the location.  Don't think there have ever been structures along the shoreline like these on Virginia Key.  The wall is a good indicator of Crandon.  The rocks behind the couple remind me of rocks, or the remnants of an old pier, I remember close to the Cape Florida Lighthouse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

IMO Crandon is the best bet, if it's in Miami, but I'm not certain that's the location.  Don't think there have ever been structures along the shoreline like these on Virginia Key.  The wall is a good indicator of Crandon.  The rocks behind the couple remind me of rocks, or the remnants of an old pier, I remember close to the Cape Florida Lighthouse.

The rocks are the one fly in the ointment.  I don't see any rocks at Crandon in 1986 (or today).

On 4/5/2019 at 10:41 PM, airtommy said:

The rocks are the one fly in the ointment.  I don't see any rocks at Crandon in 1986 (or today).

I am basing my recollection on visiting the place frequently in the 60s so it's far from direct evidence.  It's hard to be sure about what those old aerials show on historicaerials.com but the dark spots along the shoreline of this 1986 Key Biscane aerial might be rocks. 

Capturer4.JPG.6e08fd2ae264341bc254ff1f33f6ca5b.JPG

Maybe they don't appear on other aerials due to the tide, beach renourishment or some other factor.

Edited by miamijimf

To me I think it’s Crandon and as airtommy said with a zoom. I’ve spent some time here and it looks like it to me.

Edited by Matt5

On 4/5/2019 at 11:27 PM, miamijimf said:

I am basing my recollection on visiting the place frequently in the 60s so it's far from direct evidence.  It's hard to be sure about what those old aerials show on historicaerials.com but the dark spots along the shoreline of this 1986 Key Biscane aerial might be rocks. 

Capturer4.JPG.6e08fd2ae264341bc254ff1f33f6ca5b.JPG

Maybe they don't appear on other aerials due to the tide, beach renourishment or some other factor.

But that part of Key Biscayne wasn't curved enough and I don't see any huts or buildings.

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

But that part of Key Biscayne wasn't curved enough and I don't see any huts or buildings.

I'm not sure about the curved beach, camera angles can be deceiving but good point about the huts and buildings.  I don't remember ever seeing buildings quite like that on Crandon or that close to the shore.

Edited by miamijimf

On 9/14/2018 at 8:08 AM, Matt5 said:

For 1988s “A Bullet for Crockett” from Season 4 the Haulover Beach closing credits shot was quite unique- it was one of the very few times, if only time since the Pilot, in the Series run we saw the camera rolling/ looking so north. Particularly unique is the closing credits feature on Haulover Pier (“Rock and a Hard Place”) then moving south to more familiar closing credits scenes we see in the series run.

This is the best view we get of Haulover Pier and Haulover Park from the Straits of Florida in the Series 5-year run.  @miamijimf

88BD3111-19D4-4E9E-8CF2-C9E5C07FCC4D.jpeg

63454C5F-4505-4054-94EA-DD014D9C555D.jpeg

I mentioned before about this closing credit shot which we only saw during the end of “A Bullet for Crockett” and only seeing the old Haulover Pier during this credit and in the background in Sonny’s Walk with Fremont and Wiggins in “Rock and a Hard Place”.  

We can add “Down For The Count” (Part 2) where we see the Haulover Pier - in this episode we see the former pier from The Tiffany Condo in Bal Harbor looking north.

9CB9B17D-6C0F-497D-8CE1-BF24E1D5995D.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

It's funny but that's the spot where the drug smuggler Mickey Munday posted a female lookout with a telescope and a radio to warn incoming drug boats when the cops were in the area.

• Like 1

Bal Harbor featured extensively in the opening and end credits in the show. How many other episodes filmed here? Apart from the three I mentioned above and others like “Home Invaders” and “Milk Run”.

Edited by Matt5

• 2 months later...

This was from the closing credits from “Death and the Lady” and “Phil the Shill”. It doesn’t appear in many more.

I’m trying to pinpoint this location looks like Brickell from across the mainland side of the Rickenbacker Cswy.? Anything jump out at anyone?:hippie:

975AE77F-3471-452E-9090-C97D92704B7A.jpeg

5EE59A8D-EFED-4C09-8EF9-24692948F6B2.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This was from the closing credits from “Death and the Lady” and “Phil the Shill”. It doesn’t appear in many more.

I’m trying to pinpoint this location looks like Brickell from across the mainland side of the Rickenbacker Cswy.? Anything jump out at anyone?:hippie:

I agree it's Brickell.  Those two buildings on the left look like these two condos: 

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=a0c7a872-5376-4300-9fa5-e6fbb75db5ea&cp=25.750824~-80.200125&lvl=19&style=g&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Brickell Bay Club and Brickell Town House

The camera is south of the Rickenbacker Causeway and all of that greenery is Hobie Island.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

I agree it's Brickell.  Those two buildings on the left look like these two condos: 

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=a0c7a872-5376-4300-9fa5-e6fbb75db5ea&cp=25.750824~-80.200125&lvl=19&style=g&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

The camera is south of the Rickenbacker Causeway and all of that greenery is Hobie Island.

Yes that’s what I thought just needed a fresh set of eyes on it. Thankyou.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:44 AM, airtommy said:

Here it is again from (“French Twist” end credits) with less credits over the picture do you can see the buildings.

2FE6862E-2803-4BBB-8B5D-36FB4BA31328.jpeg

• Like 2

From the closing credits of  Season 1s “Hit List” (noticeably absent the Wachovia building, Citibank building and the Stephen P. Clark Government Center) which had all been completed by March 1984. And the second picture (a late 1970s shot in Miami)  I posted in Miami Misc with the same buildings we see in picture 1. I would think the first is from 1982.

99B93684-9107-430E-8B0B-9AE764CEDEC1.jpeg

D6D46610-D319-4F85-90D3-5FCDA593C0E0.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Matt5 said:

Here it is again from (“French Twist” end credits) with less credits over the picture do you can see the buildings.

2FE6862E-2803-4BBB-8B5D-36FB4BA31328.jpeg

It's a Hobie 16 catamaran with a trapeze, flying the starboard hull... and it's somewhere in Miami.  On to the next mystery!  Just kidding.  LOL!  Sorry I can't help with the location, but all the other stuff is accurate.  I've sailed one before, including flying the hull on the trapeze.  A college friend's father had one in the 90's.  It's what I learned to sail on.  Those things move!

• Like 3