Episode 46; Stone's War

C Glide

there is no link to Stone´s War on your site' date=' C Glide![/quote']It works for me. You have to click on season three on the home (index) page which takes you to the season three main page where you click on Stone's War. I just did it so it worked on this end but check it out and let me know if you still have an issue getting the page.

it works now. Great job as always! I did not know that the torture house was next to Crockett´s ex-wife! That´s funny!Regarding the teaser: the key scenes are not stock footage according to color schemes and appearances of O´Hara and Stone. They did a labor of love with this one. Contrary to the teaser of Baby Blues that played in Colombia but was shot in Miami, I am not sure if the Stone´s War teaser was shot in Florida. The houses really ARE Middle America, not easy to stage this, especially for a 4 minute teaser of a TV show budget. In the first scenes of the teaser we see valleys - no way that could be shot in Florida. Either they did a very clever editing job with stock footage for that particular intro scene (I doubt that because the color scheme totally fits the 3rd season as opposed to Freefall where the stock footage was crap in quality) or they travelled abroad for the teaser.I hoped you had the production notes on this episode to reveal this!

it works now. Great job as always! I did not know that the torture house was next to Crockett´s ex-wife! That´s funny!Regarding the teaser: the key scenes are not stock footage according to color schemes and appearances of O´Hara and Stone. They did a labor of love with this one. Contrary to the teaser of Baby Blues that played in Colombia but was shot in Miami' date=' I am not sure if the Stone´s War teaser was shot in Florida. The houses really ARE Middle America, not easy to stage this, especially for a 4 minute teaser of a TV show budget. In the first scenes of the teaser we see valleys - no way that could be shot in Florida. Either they did a very clever editing job with stock footage for that particular intro scene (I doubt that because the color scheme totally fits the 3rd season as opposed to Freefall where the stock footage was crap in quality) or they travelled abroad for the teaser.I hoped you had the production notes on this episode to reveal this![/quote']No, unfortunately I don't have the daily production reports or call sheets for this one. I did have allot of fun going thru this ep and breaking down the different scenes to figure out where segments were filmed. For example figuring out that the safe house was right next door to Caroline's was a riot, I love that stuff.Regarding the teaser I agree completely. It is a bit of a mystery for all the reasons you stated. With the very first shot it would be easy to say that was filler stock footage but then after that, no way, even when they are showing the village there is topagraphy that I just don't think you could easily fake in South Florida and the actors are right in the mix.

The small South American village in the teaser I wonder if that was cleared near the Everglades - like near where they filmed "Indian Wars" and "bad Timing ":D:D

A real mystery. It does not look South Florida but I don't recall ever hearing of them traveling to film the teaser.

A real mystery. It does not look South Florida but I don't recall ever hearing of them traveling to film the teaser.

Odd unless a second unit filmed in South America - they didnt even leave Nyc to film the "South American Columbia " teaser for the big budget Season 2 premiere - "Prodigal Son":D

• 1 year later...

Car chase scenes on West Avenue / 16th Street looking North , Miami Beach - West Avenue became to Season 3 what Biscayne Bvld did to MV for Season 1-2 .:D ( also recycled in "Freefall" ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]7681[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965370542_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I have just posted Stone's War on my loation web site. Check it out. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Two locations I can clarify that Jeremy had down to visit to confirm

1. When Stone is enquiring about his around the World ticket  :D waiting for Crockett - this was definately filmed at the airport Concourse D ( ceiling beams are the same as when Stone came through customs in the credits ) .

2. Highway 27 - near Krome Avenue - is seen ( near Opa Locka airstrip ) when C&T drive to rescue Ira later in the episode  - I was here recently and recognised it immediately . Nice to see this stretch they didnt film on Highway 27 at all often .  :cake:  :thumbsup:  :D  :fireworks: 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.950984,-80.430586,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s25jWuoa9j9nPuHzFSfw3WA!2e0

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

To me the opening scene with the mountains in the distance looks like one of your shots in NY where you identified the opening scenes of Prodigal Son.

• 1 year later...

This is the house where they keep Ira Stone hostage:

Stones_War.png

Below is a screen cap from the pilot episode "Brother's Keeper" when they are arresting Scotty Wheeler.  Next door you can see the house from "Stone's War".  You can't see it well, but that (ugly) green color is clearly visible:

Bro_Keep1.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As discovered by forum member ivoryjones, most of the combat footage in the opening teaser of this episode was taken from the 1985 film "Latino":

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12422-stones-war-combat-footage/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089463/

But, of course, the clips with Ira Stone and the CIA thug were newly filmed for MV, but where?

Stones_War3.png

The obvious guess is Jimbo's on Virginia Key.  Looking at the episode "Glades", this guess is easily confirmed.  The gray building in the center of that shot is pink with blue trim in "Glades".  The building to the right is also matches up.  The church on the left is obviously just a facade built for this scene.

Glades2.png

Glades1.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

That's so cool that you identified the house next to Scottie Wheeler's from Stone's War.  I've really appreciated that episode more and more the last years or so.  It's shot very well and is expertly written.  There's some great lines in that ep. 

• Like 1

Great work as always - I got a nice few photos of the Pilot house / Wheeler's /Caroline's a few years ago - I will see if I can locate and post :wuerg:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Great work as always - I got a nice few photos of the Pilot house / Wheeler's /Caroline's a few years ago - I will see if I can locate and post :wuerg:

Matt5, when you visited Jimbo's was that row of houses still there?  I think they were already gone when I visited about 10 years ago.

CGlide has pics of Jimbo's here:  https://www.facebook.com/charlie.glide.7/media_set?set=a.400531860017139.88858.100001809847319&type=1&notif_t=photo_album_reply

Here are two photos a friend took on a trip to Jimbo's back in 07.  I think the first one was in that area.  It was on the left side of the road when you walked into Jimbo's.

10Jimbo'sHammock 07.jpg

11Jimbo's VW07.jpg

Burn Notice used Jimbo’s frequently.  These are the episodes that included shot of Jimbo's: ‘Unpaid Debts,’ ‘Breaking and Entering,’ ‘Rough Seas, ‘Breach of Faith,’ and  ‘Hot Property.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, airtommy said:

Matt5, when you visited Jimbo's was that row of houses still there?  I think they were already gone when I visited about 10 years ago.

No just a few shacks in 2011

but by 2014 the whole of Jimbos was gone and a small grass park in its place , the small pier from "Line of Fire" and "World of Trouble" was still there thankfully in 2014

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

CGlide has pics of Jimbo's here:  https://www.facebook.com/charlie.glide.7/media_set?set=a.400531860017139.88858.100001809847319&type=1&notif_t=photo_album_reply

Here are two photos a friend took on a trip to Jimbo's back in 07.  I think the first one was in that area.  It was on the left side of the road when you walked into Jimbo's.

10Jimbo'sHammock 07.jpg

11Jimbo's VW07.jpg

Burn Notice used Jimbo’s frequently.  These are the episodes that included shot of Jimbo's: ‘Unpaid Debts,’ ‘Breaking and Entering,’ ‘Rough Seas, ‘Breach of Faith,’ and  ‘Hot Property.

Nice Jim :D

Wow, I had read about the family's problems, but I didn't know the whole thing had been bulldozed!    :thumbsdown:

I just looked at those Burn Notice scenes and at historicaerials.com.  I think after MV filmed there they planted some trees in front of that row of houses.  That's why I thought it looked like a different place than when C&T pull into the clearing in "Glades".  Sadly I didn't take a picture of the row of houses, just the shack right next to the water.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

Wow, I had read about the family's problems, but I didn't know the whole thing had been bulldozed!    :thumbsdown:

I just looked at those Burn Notice scenes and at historicaerials.com.  I think after MV filmed there they planted some trees in front of that row of houses.  That's why I thought it looked like a different place than when C&T pull into the clearing in "Glades".  Sadly I didn't take a picture of the row of houses, just the shack right next to the water.

Yes completely gone - nothing left ;(

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:14 AM, airtommy said:

As discovered by forum member ivoryjones, most of the combat footage in the opening teaser of this episode was taken from the 1985 East German film "Latino":

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/12422-stones-war-combat-footage/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089463/

But, of course, the clips with Ira Stone and the CIA thug were newly filmed for MV, but where?

Stones_War3.png

The obvious guess is Jimbo's on Virginia Key.  Looking at the episode "Glades", this guess is easily confirmed.  The gray building in the center of that shot is pink with blue trim in "Glades".  The building to the right is also matches up.  The church on the left is obviously just a facade built for this scene.

Glades2.png

Glades1.png

Yes! funny I didn't recognize it before but as I was reading your post and saw the picture I recognized it right away. No doubt that is because I am far more familiar with the location now having studied it in numerous shows and movies but 4 years ago I went right past it while publishing this ep.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, airtommy said:

This is the house where they keep Ira Stone hostage:

Stones_War.png

Below is a screen cap from the pilot episode "Brother's Keeper" when they are arresting Scotty Wheeler.  Next door you can see the house from "Stone's War".  You can't see it well, but that (ugly) green color is clearly visible:

Bro_Keep1.png

Yup. published that on my site 4 years ago. The house has since been painted.

• 4 weeks later...