Episode 46; Stone's War

C Glide

Adding on from Tom’s last post ref the Greenberg Traurig building on Brickell in this episode.
I took these in April 2019 from the 26th floor to the lobby. The 27th (top) floor is not accessible due to being closed off. The view we get in Vice is not possible today with the highrises that have come up since 1986. 
The building was also seen in “Everybody’s in Showbiz”, The Rising Sun of Death” and “Hard Knocks”   and also a number of production offices were used in 2005 when shooting the Miami Vice movie.

Note — the white building over Zarbo’s shoulder in the elevator is clearly visible in my photos (the lower building off centre) and is the Davivienda International Bank at 1110 Brickell.

IMG_6820.png

IMG_6741.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In the 32nd minute, we see a setup shot of the TV studio.

StonesWar6.png.b0f55525d4eb3fe7b7691fb38f9112b5.png

I don't understand this shot, because they have previously shown us that the TV reporter works at the Love 94 building in North Miami.  Anyway ...

This building is in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Burbank at 2901 West Alameda Avenue.  We are probably looking at the northeast corner.

2901walameda.jpg.76bf4e663cecf6f66dbdca72af128e1d.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 10:48 PM, airtommy said:

In the 32nd minute, we see a setup shot of the TV studio.

StonesWar6.png.b0f55525d4eb3fe7b7691fb38f9112b5.png

I don't understand this shot, because they have previously shown us that the TV reporter works at the Love 94 building in North Miami.  Anyway ...

This building is in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Burbank at 2901 West Alameda Avenue.  We are probably looking at the northeast corner.

2901walameda.jpg.76bf4e663cecf6f66dbdca72af128e1d.jpg

Amazing find - I’ve seen this stock footage in another show around this time I believe “Dynasty “ starring John Forsythe and “ Murder She Wrote” starring Angela Lansbury.
I believe they shot at this angle on West Alsmeds St, Burbank, CA.

IMG_7873.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I think it was from the corner where the satellite dishes are, where the pink address pin is.

Put this on your list for next time you're in Los Angeles!

Edited by airtommy