A line from the movie

Tony D.

There wasn't much I liked about the 2006 movie but I liked the line : "We can't do business if we close each other's eyes." - ( not exact quote ).Last night I watched "Smuggler's Blues" for first time in many years and the dealer told Tubbs as he had a derringer pointed at the dealer's neck. "We are businessmen, but we can't look foward to doing business if we close each other's eyes."The one line I liked from the movie was taken from the original. May as well take from the BEST! :thumbsup:

Well the whole trailer scene and bomb in the chair was taken from the original episodes as well.The movie had nothing new in it actually...................................................Thus my low opinion of the movie.(sorry if I offended anyone who actually liked it)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the plot either even though it was clearly lifted from the Smuggler's Blues episode. They tacked on a love story and the neo-Nazi dealer neither of which added much. It's strange that Michael Mann had such script issues. I found an early draft online that had a completely different opening--I haven't finished it to see what else is different, but I wonder what the problem was.

dont forget that part that appeared on the trailer but cut from the original...when the fatso castillo says something like (the other pals could help me with the right line)..."when things get messy....blablabla..."

The Neo-Nazi thing was weak. I would've made it Sharia hardliners.To me, the movie in several ways is a distillation of some cool things from the show, the Miami - Havana speedboat transit is the first thing that comes to mind (also Smuggler's Blues). It's Mann's Viceverse, so as he rehashed some things from the show I say, "More power to him."

• 1 month later...
Yeah' date=' I'm not a big fan of the plot either even though it was clearly lifted from the Smuggler's Blues episode. They tacked on a love story and the neo-Nazi dealer neither of which added much. It's strange that Michael Mann had such script issues. I found an early draft online that had a completely different opening--I haven't finished it to see what else is different, but I wonder what the problem was.[/quote']Yes Mann had script issues also spent two years on movie far too long- cluttered it:D

Yes Mann had script issues also spent two years on movie far too long- cluttered it:D

Do you know if he brought in other writers? I know Anthony Yerkovich got an Executive Producer credit, but did he do any writing? And if he didn't he probably should have.

I own the movie and the soundtrack... but I am proud to say that the movie is still in its wrapper... and it will be that way until I "buy the farm"... wanted it as a piece of "Vice" memorabilia but never want to watch it!!! :rain:

i own the movie too. Shame on me, but its the same idea you had. "This is the MV movie they tried to do and they sucked". Its a MV item, for sure...."it´s not the most important item".

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Was it the Stash house????  Love to see a current picture!

Ha ha yes it was the Stash house - I will post when I return unchanged from 2005 when they shot there - its just entering into Overtown very close to the "Childs Play " drive with Sonny and Rico in the caddy. Boy didnt like Overtown at all - got out of there quick thankfully the Stash house was just one block in . :D  :thumbsup: