Beach_Vice

Evan scene Location

Beach_Vice

Hey CGlide, do you know where the scene in 'Evan' where they're taking the Stinger up the river(?) is located. Are there any Identifiable landmarks that can tell you, or me, where it is? I've been curious about where that was for a few years now.Look at the beautiful lighting.Eingefügtes Bild

C Glide
The travel on the river was filmed in mile 4 which would mean that it was upstream from Bojeans Marina and south of the railroad bridge. The thing that kind of bothered me was that you could see the bow of the camera boat throughout the scene. Had they mounted the camera differently or at a different height/angle it would not highlight that we were following in another boat. It looks like they placed a net or burlap cloth over the bow to reduce reflections but it is still annoying. The deal of course was filmed at the US Customs yard, NW 22nd Ave at NW 14th Street. BTW there was already a thread open for Evan.

miamijimf

Here's an interesting shot of the long gone old blimp hanger used in Evan for showing off the Mac-10. The hanger was at the Opa-Locka airfield. You see it also in Bad Boys and the Airfield control tower in Burn Notice. The photo shows a meeting of a drug rehab program in 1972. Looks pretty well attended. The hanger served a lot of purposes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7578[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892965308803_thumb.jpg

Matt5

Great - shame that locale is gone :thumbsdown::D

miamijimf

Just found this great shot of the long gone Goodyear Blimp Hanger at the Opa-Locka Airfield.  It was featured in the teaser of Evan.  You have probably seen it on Charie's site but thought it was worth posting here.  Click for larger image.

12074797 10207845726809672 3322033197427892891 N

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Matt5

Just found this great shot of the long gone Goodyear Blimp Hanger at the Opa-Locka Airfield.  It was featured in the teaser of Evan.  You have probably seen it on Charie's site but thought it was worth posting here.  Click for larger image.

Great pic Jim - I visited Opa Locka last Year and although the blimp hangar is gone I had great pleasure in seeing the location and backgrounds seen mainly in "Evan" from the teaser and opening scenes :D

• Like 1

miamijimf

Good photo and good history of the hangar also.  Don Boyd's site is excellent.  He has a forum where you can post photos of locations and ask his members for help in IDing the photo and/or where the place was located.  It has been useful in the past.  You will probably have to create a free account in pbase before you can post,  It's at http://www.pbase.com/donboyd/memories_where

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

Matt5

Good photo and good history of the hangar also.  Don Boyd's site is excellent.  He has a forum where you can post photos of locations and ask his members for help in IDing the photo and/or where the place was located.  It has been useful in the past.  You will probably have to create a free account in pbase before you can post,  It's at http://www.pbase.com/donboyd/memories_where

Good point Jim - a lovely photo :D

airtommy
On 9/28/2015 at 3:56 PM, Matt5 said:

Great pic Jim - I visited Opa Locka last Year and although the blimp hangar is gone I had great pleasure in seeing the location and backgrounds seen mainly in "Evan" from the teaser and opening scenes :D

Can you please post your pics?  :thumbsup:

Matt5

43 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Can you please post your pics?  :thumbsup:

Yes sure I will post in "Evan" filming location thread tomorrow :hippie:

Matt5
On 16/02/2013 at 1:32 PM, miamijimf said:

Here's an interesting shot of the long gone old blimp hanger used in Evan for showing off the Mac-10. The hanger was at the Opa-Locka airfield. You see it also in Bad Boys and the Airfield control tower in Burn Notice. The photo shows a meeting of a drug rehab program in 1972. Looks pretty well attended. The hanger served a lot of purposes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7578[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892965308803_thumb.jpg

IMG_5872.PNG

• Like 1