Evan scene Location

Beach_Vice

8 hours ago, omaha said:

Yeah man, still there! Great to see it.

Thankyou man!

Unfortunately not the blimp hangar at Opa Locka. 

Edited by Matt5

• 1 year later...

When Crockett wants to talk to Tubbs and Tubbs has to ask Michelle for a rain check, that was filmed at "Suzanne’s in the Grove".  

suzannes.png.f874d2ef081fe105fe7e3b5f022f4168.png

That location is now up for sale!  The price is a mere $2.5 million.

This is the original site of Suzanne's in the Grove, historic nightclub. It's now available as a residential unit. You're working with a clean slate – bare concrete walls and ceilings. Hurricane windows. Split level plan with entrance directly from 4 deeded parking spaces in the garage (first floor private entrance) and a private elevator inside the unit to the main living area on the pool level (second floor).

http://bluecondomiami.com/properties/listing/sefmiami/A10712222/Miami/2843-S-Bayshore-Dr-VILLA1

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

That location is now up for sale!  The price is a mere $2.5 million.

I, too, would love...a rain check. :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Since they say it's just bare concrete walls, most likely there won't be any details to match up from the Evan scene.  But you never know!  There's a design on the floor in my first screencap.   The doorway where Tubbs is heading towards is somewhat distinctive.  It looks like the seating area is at a lower level than the bar. 

suzanne3.png.39d4880f9c8aa32bc2a4ae7eb727c34a.png

suzanne1.png.aced94d19e0372e4b91845b283878241.png

suzanne2.png.91c0ffd8def650768124251200741438.png

• Like 1

@airtommy a certain cameraman said he thinks it was at The 21 Club just West of I-95, somewhere in North Miami. “It was a gay bar.” That would be fitting. :) 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

a certain cameraman said he thinks it was at The 21 Club just West of I-95, somewhere in North Miami. “It was a gay bar.” That would be fitting. :) 

CGlide has the script for this ep, which usually includes the call sheets,  I think the cameraman is wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airtommy said:

CGlide has the script for this ep, which usually includes the call sheets,  I think the cameraman is wrong.

Wouldn’t be the first time. :) 

edit: I just read above. I forgot this was solved. Oops!

Edited by Dadrian

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

Since they say it's just bare concrete walls, most likely there won't be any details to match up from the Evan scene.  But you never know!  There's a design on the floor in my first screencap.   The doorway where Tubbs is heading towards is somewhat distinctive.  It looks like the seating area is at a lower level than the bar. 

Could be lower level wonder how that would be today. I know on the times I visited the Carillion (Buddies, One Eyed Jack”) nothing on the ground floor or lower ground floor resembled anything we saw in the episodes.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Am 28.3.2020 um 01:40 schrieb airtommy:

I found some nice interior shots of that location. Yes, it was stripped bare, but the columns and the stairs/elevated area is clearly visible. Also the low ceilings in the outer areas (the inner area within the mirrors had a high ceiling, but that was obviously changed.

evansuzannes.png

suzannes2.png

suzannes3.png

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
Am 28.3.2020 um 02:03 schrieb Dadrian:

@airtommy a certain cameraman said he thinks it was at The 21 Club just West of I-95, somewhere in North Miami. “It was a gay bar.” That would be fitting. :) 

Am 28.3.2020 um 02:13 schrieb airtommy:

As we now know a certain camera man mixed that location up with the Club Delirious Location in Prodigal son which was in fact Club 21 next to I95 but in Hallandale (Pembroke Park).

For Prodigal son he remembered that Club Delirious was a studio set but in fact only the toilet scene in Club Delirious was a set.

For Hitlist he remembered a bar called Heaven in Lauderdale. In fact it was Club Nepenthe in Lauderdale that had a vip area inside called „Heaven“.

Around half of his memory is correct but it’s hard to say what half.

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Here is a rare original picture (around 1939/40) of our famous blimp hangar at Opa Locka Airport (that was an air force base originally) that was built for WWII. It was used in several episodes (Phil the shill, To have and to hold), but most prominently in Evan).

The second pic is from 1987 from a fan (see picture credits).

It was "blown up" (not really) for Bad Boys II in 1994 and (really) dismantled in 1995.

P.S. only few people know that Opa Locka Airport was in the 60s and early 70s among the biggest US airports by number of flight operations (number of flights). It was second after Chicago O Hare in the 60s at one point! It was once used as support for Miami International that was overcrowded. Funny enough, Opa Locka West Airport (the airfield that we know from many episodes near the Glades, e.g. Baby blues, Smuggler´s blues, Freefall, Back in the world) was once planned to extend Opa Locka Airport that was crammed in the 1960s. :p

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-14 um 18.38.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-18 um 14.29.11.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a rare BTS shot of the hangar when they filmed the explosion scene there (Evan crashes the car through the gate). It nicely shows how the hangar looked like in early 1985 when the outer hull was intact. In the 1987 photo above and the 1988 scenes filmed in "to have and to hold", the whole hangar remained a metal skeleton only, with just the (low) concrete wall next to the sliding doors on the southeast side (where Evan filmed) as an exception above the ground. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-13 um 00.22.36.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...

CGlide's website:  "Crockett and Tubbs are in a rare backup role. They are watching from a distance atop a warehouse to the south of the hangar. This building no longer exist but it was the General Dollar Stores warehouse located at 1 Eagle Plaza, Opa Locka Airport."

evan1.png.2db2f5b178747cfce516d49598189f06.png

I understand the location, but the description is confusing.

Eagle Family Stores owned this warehouse on the grounds of Opa Locka Airport, which is why the address was "1 Eagle Plaza".  In 1985, Dollar General Stores purchased Eagle Family Stores, including this warehouse.

So, it's "Dollar General Stores warehouse", not "General Dollar Stores warehouse".  But you can still see "Eagle Family" written on the building.

https://www.georgiacompanyregistry.com/companies/eagle-family-discount-stores-inc-revoked-2-25-88/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1985-06-03-8501220074-story.html

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Grove Towers where Suzanne´s in the Grove disco was (on the ground floor) where Tubbs dumped Michelle. Also used in The Maze.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-12 um 21.42.21.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

On 1/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, airtommy said:

When Crockett wants to talk to Tubbs and Tubbs has to ask Michelle for a rain check, that was filmed at "Suzanne’s in the Grove".  

suzannes.png.f874d2ef081fe105fe7e3b5f022f4168.png

I see conflicting information in the call sheets.

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page40.html

The location sheet says this was filmed at Suzanne's in the Grove.  But the daily shooting schedule says it was filmed at the Cricket Club at 1800 NE 114th Street.

=================================================

Also, the famous deleted scene with Iggy Pop has been discussed elsewhere ( click here for Tom's post ) but not in this thread.  It was filmed in the Design District at Antiquities DuFutur at 87 NE 40th Street.

Edited by airtommy

vor 4 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I see conflicting information in the call sheets.

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page40.html

The location sheet says this was filmed at Suzanne's in the Grove.  But the daily shooting schedule says it was filmed at the Cricket Club at 1800 NE 114th Street.

=================================================

Also, the famous deleted scene with Iggy Pop has been discussed elsewhere ( click here for Tom's post ) but not in this thread.  It was filmed in the Design District at Antiquities DuFutur at 87 NE 40th Street.

The paper that says Crickett Club is NOT the daily production report, but a "shooting schedule" based on a revision on 7th March (filming 6-15 March) with the disco scene filmed on 13 March, the sixth (of 7) filming days. The location list (also a "plan" document! No date when it was written on it) says Suzannes. As we know from the comparison of the interior back then and today esp. due to the lowered area in the middle we know for sure that it was filmed at Suzanne´s. Also they used Suzanne´s before in The Maze as I demonstrated earlier, so the solution is simple: they changed a planned location before actually filming elsewhere. 

We have no daily production reports for that episode, at least CGlide has not published them on his site. All that he posted there are "Schedules", not actuals.

P.S: I found similar changes of location plans in several other episodes. In Better living through chemistry for example they had 2080 NE 160 Street water plant on the schedule, but the dailies (actual report on day of filming) had Bayside marina which was also visually confirmed on TV.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1