Jan Hammer - Trudy's Theme

mvnyc

Why this track wasn't included on any of Jan's Miami Vice "collections" truly baffles me. This is a great track (IMO) that should've made the cut. This version (like many others on You Tube) sounds like it was "lifted" off the DVD using Computer Application Studio software:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro0wvBk2VKs&feature=related

• Like 1

It was actually ripped from "The Last Frontier" video' date=' which has yet to appear on DVD.goozer :cool:[/quote']That's right, the old VHS of stuff from Jan Hammer that included this and another music cue (that I can't remember off the top of my head) from Miami Vice that doesn't appear anywhere else. Interesting...

I was the first to;A. Bring the music to the attention of the VICE website world.B. Have the music posted on HAMMER.NET (I posted a link to it on .org in my scrapbook section as well.).

• Like 1

I was the first to;A. Bring the music to the attention of the VICE website world.B. Have the music posted on HAMMER.NET (I posted a link to it on .org in my scrapbook section as well.).

No worries, I was just cruisin' the net and found this...

No worries' date=' I was just cruisin' the net and found this...[/quote']Keep posting what you find. You never know what members here may not have seen.Keep up the good work pal! :thumbsup:

Wow. To me, this is brand new news and actually really exciting. I'm glad this resurfaced. So now we have Crockett's, Valerie's, and Trudy's theme, as well as Castillo's (kind of, I don't think it's called 'Castillo's Theme'). The Last Frontier, any more information on that?

Wow. To me' date=' this is brand new news and actually really exciting. I'm glad this resurfaced. So now we have Crockett's, Valerie's, and Trudy's theme, as well as Castillo's (kind of, I don't think it's called 'Castillo's Theme'). The Last Frontier, any more information on that?[/quote']There's "Tubbs & Valerie", "Rico's Blues" and "Gina" on the (In) "Complete Collection" as well. "The Last Frontier" is a NASA video set to jan's music cues. It's available on Amazon and elsewhere, but only on VHS (as far as I know)...
  • Like 1

No way! A Gina too, now! Thanks.Well you know me, can't just hit the road without some kind of wrap-up.Crockett's Theme -

(Wow, 3.3M views.)Tubbs and Valerie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTaHVEJYe2EGina - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmTP-A3jv8ITrudy - http://www.miamiviceonline.com/newreply.php?p=246684&noquote=1Castillo - (Well, Rick Leon had a cover once but I couldn't find it. It was pretty funky but I liked it.)Switek and Zito theme - ??? (???):fireworks:

• Administrators

The last I spoke with Dadrian he was about halfway finished on a cue he calls "Stan & Larry" You can hear this tune while Larry is sparring with Bobby Sykes in "Down For The Count" Pt. 1I also remember Rick Leon's version of Castillo's theme. Think I'll wait for Dadrian's version.

The last I spoke with Dadrian he was about halfway finished on a cue he calls "Stan & Larry" You can hear this tune while Larry is sparring with Bobby Sykes in "Down For The Count" Pt. 1

We can hear this cue for the first time in "Made For Each Other"

I also remember Rick Leon's version of Castillo's theme. Think I'll wait for Dadrian's version.

We can hear this tune in Golden Triangle part.2 & Viking Bikers From Hell.

@COOPER&BURNETT could you write what's other unreleased cue from Miami Vice contains tape "Last Frontier" ?

I believe it's "Wiretap", but I'll let CB confirm this...

The songs used in The Last Frontier are as follows:ChaseFinaleThe Great Boat Race (unreleased original version)"Wiretap" (unreleased—real title unknown)Voodoo Dance (unreleased original version)The Search"Trudy's Theme" (unreleased—real title unknown)ColombiaRico's BluesCrockett's ThemeCandy (unreleased original version)goozer :cool:

The songs used in The Last Frontier are as follows:ChaseFinaleThe Great Boat Race (unreleased original version)"Wiretap" (unreleased—real title unknown)Voodoo Dance (unreleased original version)The Search"Trudy's Theme" (unreleased—real title unknown)ColombiaRico's BluesCrockett's ThemeCandy (unreleased original version)goozer :cool:

This is correct.There also is one non MIAMI VICE track. "Finale" is from the JAN HAMMER soundtrack, "Secret Admirer". It sounds like a MIAMI VICE track if you didn't know it came from the film.-COOP

• 3 months later...

GinaI just heard Gina's theme again tonight (the original link is blocked) and - wow.

Conjures up thoughts of astronomy, cathedral like '80s malls. A lot of yin energy. Jan's synth mastery is peerless. If I didn't have to go to bed, I'd start watching the series again.

• 6 years later...