My Miami Vice go-fast boat.

SpeedFreak

The boat was supposed to have a single 260...i guess the previous owner put the big block 454 in it.

That's INSANE! What a hack!!!Alphas are NEVER to be put behind a big block as they just aren't capable of taking the torque of serious cubic inch.Bravo's were specifically designed for big block Mercruisers.To answer your question regarding my 390X, yes I have a pair of big blocks with TRS drives which are the original stock drives.My 260 Scorpion had twin small blocks at 260hp with Alphas on them.I was under the impression you had twins??? ... my bad...I should have gone back and re-read the older posts...

So basically what you are saying is that the big block will basically put too much strain on the Alpha' date=' therefore "blowing" it? For a bravo, dont I have to change the whole transom assembly?[/quote']You will have to change everything outside of the transom.That big block probably tore out the gimble bearings and steering on that Alpha. I see the skeg is busted right off clean?