COOP's NEW 2011 ROLEX

COOPER&BURNETT

I guess my years in Parole and Probation followed by 12 years working in Corrections has jaded me. Maybe that's why I like Maimi Vice. I can identify with Sonny in the 4th and 5th season.

You've got cop eyes, at Tubbs once said. Your alertness, aware of your surroundings, and want bad guys delt with. You don't like to see nice, innocent people robbed, hurt or killed. You run across a lot of low lifes who tend to get away with it.Your a good man Gary, and if the system has beat you down, I honestly understand. Again, THANK YOU for thinking of me. There are a lot of bad people out there. Thankfully, there are more good people than bad.Your one of the good ones! :thumbsup:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• Matt5

• Gary1911A1

Is there a ladies version?

Yes' date=' there is Chloe.Here's a picture off the internet of the regular ladies 26mm case (they don't make ladies day-date, just the dayjust version which just shows the date, but not the day spelled out like on the man's version)[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/ladies3.jpg Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildand I also found the following description below....Rolex Datejust 36mm WatchesRolex Datejust 36mm watches have not only become Rolex’s most popular men’s watch, but have attracted quite a following from ladies as well. Therefore, in 2009, Rolex stopped calling the model a “men’s Datejustâ€, and renamed it “Datejust 36mmâ€. The Rolex Datejust 36mm watch has a 3135 caliber 31 jewel COSC certified chronometer automatic (self-winding) movement that maintains accurate time within a tolerance of three seconds per day. It also has a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, and screw-down winding crown that is water-resistant to 100 meters (330 feet). The Rolex Datejust 36mm watch is available on a metal bracelet in steel, precious gold, or a combination of both (two-tone). It is also available with a leather strap in the gold models. Two-tone models are available with a smooth or fluted bezel, and all bracelet models are available with Jubilee or Oyster style links.

Really nice Rolex you got there' date=' Coop.Definitely livin' the Vice. :cool:[/quote']I love MIAMI VICE THAT much!Although It isn't exactly the same as Crockett's, I couldn't help myself in getting a larger version of it, and just knowing I have even MORE gold than Crockett's watch was another reason for the purchase. It makes a VERY Bold statement.It's Crockett's watch...just bigger.

• 1 month later...

Some observationsHi Coop,I've joined this forum after viewing your clothing collection. I'm the same age as you and started going Vice in 85. It drove me to make money so I could afford the Vice style (style, not lifestyle). In 1991 I bought a gold Datejust, that Sonny wears in the first episode. It's Rolex code 16238 and is 1mm thinner than the DayDate 18238 and had the Jubilee bracelet with regular clasp. Later I traded it in for a 91 vintage DayDate, called Presidential in the States.Being in awe of your clothes, I found it strange that you would buy the new model Oyster, which I think is (sorry!) ugly. Why not go with the original one?On a further note, your Ebel has got the wrong crown wheel. The early ones with with Wave bracelet had a hexagon type wheel, the 1911 strapped one had the one you've got. Looks like it was a leather strapped version, that someone put an older solid gold strap on. Mind you, the early ones are hard to find.For your reference, it's Ebel model 8134901/6012. Burnett's black faced/black sharkskin strapped version is code /3052. The 6 & 3 refer to gold metal / leather strap; the 1 & 5 to cream / black face. Thought you might wanna know.On clothes, I actually tried on your collection in the stores back then but couldn't afford 1200 suits. They are mostly Versace, quarter lined, non vented. I started buying them in the mid 90s new. How? Well, Versace, Armany, Pal Zileri and Zegna offer a made to measure service. Versace produces the suits at Zegna's factory in Switzerland and Armani and Zileri make their own in Italy. I was ably to get the right look by combining the baggiest pants with 2 or 3 pleats and letting out another 2cm on the thigh and the classic fitting blazers. It got the right look. With the Armani I got rounded shoulders, but the Zegna and Versace model have medium shoulder pads, small (high) armhole, slant pockets on pants, no vents or flap pockets on jackets, quarter lined, hidden coin pocket in pants and of course no turn-up and not too long, i.e. the pants go half way over the shoes. The fabrics are all linen, linen/silk and for winter cotton/cashmere. I was able to get a few patterned ones, but most of them are solids (baby blue and cream are included). Zegna also sold a Panama hat, which Crockett had, so I was able to get that too. I am jealous mostly of your patterns. I wish the made to measure ones could be had in those Versace patterns.On shoes, I get them custom made in Hong Kong, made from German handbag leather. Took me one year to get the shape right and now I have them in all colors. Open standing collar shirts I also got custom made and T-shirts I have many, but no henleys and those can't be custom made.Like you, I also go out looking vice and think what people are thinking. The older ones (us) remember and smile and the young ones find it oddly cool (even though the shirt is tucked in and the pants are not hanging of my bum. I just hate it when friend call me Don Johnson, because it takes you out of the element and makes you look like a dork and one make one explain oneself. When I reached 40, I gave up and don't care.Cars are proper vice cars: 911 Targa, 560SL (Tubbs) and M6 ( Sonny's doctor girlfriend - Helena Bonham Carter's character (all 1987). I just imagined that if they would live together he might take her black Bimmer sometimes so it suited me right. Of course a monochrome, spoilered 80s Mercedes S-class is a must. Boats not yes, but I'm looking at two 85s, a 30' Stinger and a Scarab.I also got a Smith 1006, which is what they would have gone with, had MV continued.I thought I might want to share my experience and mainly do so because your posts are quite personal as well, so I won't be taken as a lunatic or show off, at least not on this board.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/100_2732.jpgThis is the watch Sonny Crockett would wear if the show were on the air now, or if they started a new series. This is the new, large size (41mm) case. The size he wore on the show was the 36mm version, which was the largest size President Rolex made until something like 2009 or something.I bought the closest to the same type and style Crockett wore in Season one. It has the Champagne face with the stick markers.This is the newest redesign Rolex has made on this style of watch for many, many years.It is a double quick set, and has the newest style of hidden bracelet clasp.This is one AWESOME Swiss timepiece!

Hi Coop' date='I've joined this forum after viewing your clothing collection. I'm the same age as you and started going Vice in 85. It drove me to make money so I could afford the Vice style (style, not lifestyle). In 1991 I bought a gold Datejust, that Sonny wears in the first episode. It's Rolex code 16238 and is 1mm thinner than the DayDate 18238 and had the Jubilee bracelet with regular clasp. Later I traded it in for a 91 vintage DayDate, called Presidential in the States.Being in awe of your clothes, I found it strange that you would buy the new model Oyster, which I think is (sorry!) ugly. Why not go with the original one?On a further note, your Ebel has got the wrong crown wheel. The early ones with with Wave bracelet had a hexagon type wheel, the 1911 strapped one had the one you've got. Looks like it was a leather strapped version, that someone put an older solid gold strap on. Mind you, the early ones are hard to find.For your reference, it's Ebel model 8134901/6012. Burnett's black faced/black sharkskin strapped version is code /3052. The 6 & 3 refer to gold metal / leather strap; the 1 & 5 to cream / black face. Thought you might wanna know.On clothes, I actually tried on your collection in the stores back then but couldn't afford 1200 suits. They are mostly Versace, quarter lined, non vented. I started buying them in the mid 90s new. How? Well, Versace, Armany, Pal Zileri and Zegna offer a made to measure service. Versace produces the suits at Zegna's factory in Switzerland and Armani and Zileri make their own in Italy. I was ably to get the right look by combining the baggiest pants with 2 or 3 pleats and letting out another 2cm on the thigh and the classic fitting blazers. It got the right look. With the Armani I got rounded shoulders, but the Zegna and Versace model have medium shoulder pads, small (high) armhole, slant pockets on pants, no vents or flap pockets on jackets, quarter lined, hidden coin pocket in pants and of course no turn-up and not too long, i.e. the pants go half way over the shoes. The fabrics are all linen, linen/silk and for winter cotton/cashmere. I was able to get a few patterned ones, but most of them are solids (baby blue and cream are included). Zegna also sold a Panama hat, which Crockett had, so I was able to get that too. I am jealous mostly of your patterns. I wish the made to measure ones could be had in those Versace patterns.On shoes, I get them custom made in Hong Kong, made from German handbag leather. Took me one year to get the shape right and now I have them in all colors. Open standing collar shirts I also got custom made and T-shirts I have many, but no henleys and those can't be custom made.Like you, I also go out looking vice and think what people are thinking. The older ones (us) remember and smile and the young ones find it oddly cool (even though the shirt is tucked in and the pants are not hanging of my bum. I just hate it when friend call me Don Johnson, because it takes you out of the element and makes you look like a dork and one make one explain oneself. When I reached 40, I gave up and don't care.Cars are proper vice cars: 911 Targa, 560SL (Tubbs) and M6 ( Sonny's doctor girlfriend - Helena Bonham Carter's character (all 1987). I just imagined that if they would live together he might take her black Bimmer sometimes so it suited me right. Of course a monochrome, spoilered 80s Mercedes S-class is a must. Boats not yes, but I'm looking at two 85s, a 30' Stinger and a Scarab.I also got a Smith 1006, which is what they would have gone with, had MV continued.I thought I might want to share my experience and mainly do so because your posts are quite personal as well, so I won't be taken as a lunatic or show off, at least not on this board.[/quote']Thank You BrenTen for your wonderful post! It was a great read!I bought the ROLEX II and not the 36mm like Crockett for two reasons.1. I have a very nice replica of the 36mm like Crockett if I want that look. 2. I wanted to buy the larger size Rolex II for the huge Gold content, and part investment. Gold is not going down in this economy any time soon. The worksmanship on the watch is magnificent. I must admit, I really did have to think about it, going for the larger one, as the 36mm is more balenced looking then the larger one. Perhaps I'll still get a real 36mm President at some time.I don't own an EBEL watch. Perhaps I posted a picture of one for illustration reasons, but it isn't mine. I have yet to buy one. I'd like one, but not really in the market for one at the moment. I have several watches, like Rolex, Bulova, Movado, and a rare Stuhrling automatic Tourbillion.I have four vehicles, one is a 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider. I'd like to buy a replica Daytona Convertible at some time. I know what you mean when someone calls you CROCKETT, it really takes you out of your element, and brings you back to reality. I too now just say something with a smile, like, "That's right Pal!" Most people don't say anything though. Thankfully.Everything I buy from Dinner plates, to napkins are all purchased if they look like they could fit in a MIAMI VICE environment. Several years ago, I sold, and gave everything away so I could start fresh, and bought VICE style furniture, and a room full of MIAMI VICE style clothes. If your going to do it, go all the way with it!-COOP

Hey Coop,It's a sincere pleasure to read your posts. As an 18-year old back in 85 I decided to go the Vice way. Only in style, not life style, as I don't smoke, drink or sleep around. I grew a stubble and kept it trim with a Braun beard trimmer with attachment removed. I have never gone back and go to see my private hair stylist at her house for season 5 waves (yes perms), or season one cut. I handed her the pics of DJ and she understands me, but getting a perm in a public saloon is to embarrassing. The end result is awesome though.I too try to create my house in the vice style, but because of family it's a mix of Tubbs' sage green sofa & red arm chair in the living room and black leather in the den. It's only the missus that hangs crap up. Ages ago I bought her a gold Cartier Pantheré that she sold because it wasn't her. I also told her to wear the diamond ear studs like Griffin's character, i.e. one big on one and two small on the other, but nope, she's got three on each.I also got myself a 1991 Rolex Daytona in gold with black dial, which, because of the Ebel with the same Zenith movement SC had, I reckon could be considered Vice. I also throw in Tubbs stuff like 1/3 carat (small) diamond ear stud on the left ear only.As a briefcase I got the 4" Haliburton Zero that Crockett uses for drug deals. I use it to carry stuff around as I can't be caught dead with a plastic bag in my hand. Luggage is the old Etienne Aigner garment bag and duffel bag in bordeaux that he used in NY. You can tell I really got into the details. My cell is a stainless Nokia 8801 and I shan't get a smart phone. I wish though, that car phones were still available here (they are in Europe).From your posts, that I read for hours with great interest, I understand that you also have a bit of an problem, wearing certain things in public. For me it's a white suit with T-shirt. White suit with pink or black mandarin collar shirt is okay, but the T-shirt makes one often looked upon as a DJ wannabe. You know how it goes.Three times now it happened that I was asked why I wear women shoes. Twice by kids and once by a woman. Ouch!Regarding SC leather jacket: I had Vanson make me a custom one. The jacket is odd as it has no belt or belt loops and the snap buttons are on the lapels only, not the collar. I used this as a base: http://www.vansonleathers.com/ and went silver hardare, belt delete, snap button on collar delete, one piece sleeves and back and Swiss RiRi zippers (Versace uses those - check your pants), not YKK. I wear the Jacket with broken Levis and custom alligator shoes. People thunk it's weird because the shoes are the finest dress loafers matched with a biker jacket and a baby blue pr violet, T-shirt.Again, my compliments on your suit collection because those patterns are just fantastic. Btw I got the Smuggler's Blues suit. I found it in the Zileri collection and had a suit made from it. I can't get myself to wear the suit though, but love matching the jacket with white pants and a green-grey T-shirt.Last thing: I got two kids; named Evan and Theresa.CheerioPS: I was on the German board seven years years ago but they didn't like my posts as I was showing off my MV life and deemed a douche. I only started here because on this board you seem to be hailed as a hero. That you deserve!

http://www.vansonleathers.com/ and went silver hardare, belt delete, snap button on collar delete, one piece sleeves and back and Swiss RiRi zippers (Versace uses those - check your pants), not YKK. I wear the Jacket with broken Levis and custom alligator shoes. People thunk it's weird because the shoes are the finest dress loafers matched with a biker jacket and a baby blue pr violet, T-shirt.Again, my compliments on your suit collection because those patterns are just fantastic. Btw I got the Smuggler's Blues suit. I found it in the Zileri collection and had a suit made from it. I can't get myself to wear the suit though, but love matching the jacket with white pants and a green-grey T-shirt.Last thing: I got two kids; named Evan and Theresa.CheerioPS: I was on the German board seven years years ago but they didn't like my posts as I was showing off my MV life and deemed a douche. I only started here because on this board you seem to be hailed as a hero. That you deserve!

BrenTen, you are INTERESTING!I'd say that you and I are cut from the same cloth! I LOVE that fact that you have gone "overboard" with MIAMI VICE. I too just go all out. I've kind of just done the MIAMI VICE thing, and now it's just normal for me to just do everything MIAMI VICE STYLE.Have you seen all my threads in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK section? LOTS of things there.Do you have anything original from the show such as actual items from the set?I'm suprised that those on the German MIAMI VICE site would not have treated you well, after all, this is a site for MIAMI VICE FANS! ALL MIAMI VICE fans. Hopefully, it was just an isolated incident.I like the extremes you go to for MIAMI VICE. Good Lord, DON'T STOP!! :thumbsup:This is who we are, this is what we do. Everything I wear, everything I buy, everything I think about EVERY DAY all relates to MIAMI VICE. I'm sure everyone here will treat you well.I don't have tattoos, I don't smoke, don't drink, and I don't do drugs. I'm a cool guy who loves drives with the top down, and listening to JAN HAMMER, and wearing linen sportcoats with my Wayfarers (I ALWAYS wear wayfarers, even when it rains, or when it's cloudy...just not at night)Love to hear more about you, and your wonderful obsession with MIAMI VICE!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Coop,Yep, same cloth, 100% linen from Cerruti 1881. My wife is the biggest hurdle from engaging in the MV lifestyle. When wearing a linen/silk jacket and jeans with pastel grey loafers and my Panama hat, she said it's a bit much. I told her that she's a bit much. My son's (17) friends, male and female, think I'm ultra cool, which they started saying since he was 8. Their mothers too. The fathers not. Kids called me my son's rock'n'roll dad.On watches and cars I only consider stuff that was on the show or take artistic license an emulate what else Crockett or Burnett would have, if he was a rich drug dealer. Your Alfa fits into this category, as well as my 87 Jaguar XJSC in black over tan with wire wheels. I also got an black Jeep CJ7, that Crockett drove on the beach in Free Verse. One could see the whole car in Irish Eyes. My alligator is a doodleman pinscher named Elvis. Pertaining to my kids, well nameing them was easy because if someone in Hollywood had to think of two cool names as titles for a show, then those names must be cool, hence Evan and Theresa.In my house I don't allow modern things, just 80s stuff. It was built in 1989 and the Sub Zeros are still from that year, recently overhauled. Important also, no wood or white painted wood. Glossy black painted furniture as well. I would buy a modern wood cabinet and take it to my bodyshop to do a gloss pain job on it. All door handles were changed from solver to brass and my solid oak front doors painted white. The contractor thought I was nuts, but he was probably right.It's funny but I never cared for stuff from the show because it was on the show. I also, like you took all the bad boy image out of Crockett and made him my own.I got an assortment of 5022 Wayfarers, also two with the RB50 lens which is photochromatic. That one is ideal for overcast weather or evenings. Then my friend's wife told me I should buy trade those in for fashionable new shades. I told my friend that he should trade in his wife. She stopped talking to me.One important aspect of Vice is that the characters actions were so suave and smooth. They didn't have to queue up, look for a seat at the corner coffeeshop or for a parking place. The latter made me move to my area, i.e. free parking at strip malls. There is something about pulling up in a cool car and go in and order. Then the pastels look even cooler on oneself. If on the other hand I stroll through the mall, I feel that the car not being there makes me feel less cool and the complex on what people are saying behind my back rear their ugly head. It doesn't happen with my 911 for example. This somehow proofs to me that one needs a cool car and a real rolex, even if it is only steel or gold/steel (my first one at 19), and real Versace in order to feel to have earned the right to call oneself vice man. I know you know what I mean. I bet you you felt double the confidence when you got that 18 carat oyster. closing that clasp solidifies that you are and will always remain your own Sonny Crockett; or Burnett.

Eingefügtes Bild
hi i love miami vice:D:clap::cool:' date=' i find the watch great:eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::clap::clap::clap::clap:[/quote']Thanks Brother in Arms!It's really not a bad looking watch!

• 3 months later...

Awesome - as usual :) ...... That sapphire crystal makes all the difference. I remember when they switched to it in the late '80's or was it early '90's ? I'm getting old lol. I am down to a "lowly" Sea Dweller in the Rolex dep't right now. But my Ebel LOVES your Prez er ahem Day Date :thumbsup: . Cheers -Ronbo Eingefügtes Bild

... That sapphire crystal makes all the difference. I remember when they switched to it in the late '80's or was it early '90's ? I'm getting old lol. I am down to a "lowly" Sea Dweller in the Rolex dep't right now. But my Ebel LOVES your Prez er ahem Day Date :thumbsup: . Cheers -Ronbo Eingefügtes Bild

I think they now just call the band a Presidential band, but it is officially a 2011 ROLEX II Day Date.Your watch ain't too bad either Pal! ;):clap::thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Phenomenal watch C&B. As with the rest of your MV collection, I totally envy you!!Since I can not afford a rolex just now, I found this website. Question to the specialist homeself: Is this close to the real deal? http://rolexpark.com/rolex-oyster-pe...238-p-823.html I also found the James Bond Rolex of live and let die: http://rolexpark.com/rolex-oyster-pe...610-p-180.html Curious to hearing your thoughts. I am on my way to Hong Kong in June/July, if you or other members have an idea where to get great knock off's, please let me know!

• 1 year later...

Hello I was reading this topic looking for informations on ebel. I would like to buy one ebel, with the wave bracelet and el primero movement. The one I was looking is steel and gold, not all gold. Are you sure that on Miami vice sonny use a full gold watch ?(as the rolex presidential was).

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...