• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• Matt5

• Gary1911A1

Here's another shot of my watches.Eingefügtes Bild

Nice collection Coop, but do I see the Rolex watch two fold? I mean was the first one a replica? What's the deal? Tell us more. Did you have a certificate with your new one? Come on, tell us more.

Nice collection Coop' date=' but do I see the Rolex watch two fold? I mean was the first one a replica? What's the deal? Tell us more. Did you have a certificate with your new one? Come on, tell us more.[/quote']I understand how there could be confusion.The one in the glass case is a replica, which I've posted before. It's the same style Crockett wore in MIAMI VICE. The replica (along with a silver replica) has been posted on a different thread in the scrapbook section.The replica is a 36mm, exactly the same as Crockett wore.Click below to see the replica watch thread. :thumbsup:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?2956-MY-ROLEX-REPLICAS&highlight=rolex+replica

Jimmy this watch cost the same as a brand new car. :rolleyes::eek:

Are you serious???:eek:Even if I could wear it as a woman I wouldn't have the nerve to do so.With me everything that has some money value gets broken.

Are you serious???:eek:Even if I could wear it as a woman I wouldn't have the nerve to do so.With me everything that has some money value gets broken.

Well, I don't wear it where I'm not comfortable wearing it. I wouldn't wear it in East L.A. or some low rent area, but in nice areas, and normal places, it's fine. I'm always aware of my surroundings. It's extremely heavy, and for the first day, it made my wrist sore. :) It doesn't anymore, but now my other watches feel really, really light!It costs as much as a brand new car because this is the biggest President Rolex makes, and it's solid 18K gold. Gold is at an all time high, and the watch case is 41mm, which is a whole lot of Gold. Everything is solid gold on this watch, even solid links, and screws in the bracelet.

This is where I keep my watches.Eingefügtes Bild

isnt it a little unsafe to display them like that in the case of a break in?and what's the watch on the far right there?Edit: ah nevermind those are the replicas you showed before, didnt even know they made shaker boxes to keep them winded, might have to look into that one of these days.

isnt it a little unsafe to display them like that in the case of a break in?and what's the watch on the far right there?Edit: ah nevermind those are the replicas you showed before' date=' didnt even know they made shaker boxes to keep them winded, might have to look into that one of these days.[/quote']Unsafe to have them like that? NOPE!What you are not seeing, is this slides into a hidden compartment. Nobody could see it if, that is, IF they could get in. My place is like Fort Knox. Lot's of security features (cameras, alarms, gates, Private security ) are everywhere which I won't go into any further detail. Plus, I don't leave the house without the Rolex on my wrist. ;)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

ah I see' date=' it looked like you had them laying out behind a piece of 1/10th inch thick plexyglass ontop of a chest high cabnet out in the open.[/quote']:) I just wanted to straighten that out. I can understand how it looked in the first photo, so hopefully, the additional photos helped. :thumbsup:

It's a beauty' date=' Coop. Enjoy it and wear it in good health. :thumbsup: I'm looking for the day/date replica. Just want a decent one.[/quote']Thanks Tony D.Be careful Tony, most of these companies are fly by night,and close up quickly as to not get caught, as it's Illegal for them to sell and make them. They will shut down, and re open under a different name. They usually don't depict items honestly either. Most are really just crap. They have been known to take your money and not deliver anything, and you have no recourse. I bought my two replicas perhaps over a decade ago. That company is long gone too. Buyer beware Tony D.

Thanks, Coop. That's the reason I haven't tried to get one sooner. It's hard to tell if the company is legit and I really can't afford to buy a real Rolex.

Thanks' date=' Coop. That's the reason I haven't tried to get one sooner. It's hard to tell if the company is legit and I really can't afford to buy a real Rolex.[/quote']I know. That's why they make replicas, because people want one, and it's the only way for most people to own something that looks like it. There are so many fly by night companies that are selling them that are one step ahead of the law. Just remember, it's Illegal to manufacture, and sell these items....but it's 100% LEGAL to OWN one. However, if you have a replica, and bring it into a Rolex dealer, and hand it to them to clean, or look at for any reason, once it's in thier hands, they legally can, and will, confiscate it.If you buy a real Rolex, and it's an expensive one, like a solid Gold President, you can make payments on it with the dealer without putting the full amount down. It may be about $800 or $900 a month for many, many years, but at least you'd own one.

Very very nice Coop! :cool:I think it's good to have a splurge once a year on something!

I agree, and I'm with you! I like to splurge...MIAMI VICE STYLE!! :thumbsup:

Chloe requested that I show some pictures of my watch on my wrist.Here they are Chloe! :happy:I used a flash on these shots for two reasons. 1. I needed the flash for better lighting. 2. In my test shots, the one with the flash shows detail better for some reason. If you look hard enough, you can see the words "ROLEX" written all around the inside rim of the face.Eingefügtes Bild

Ah yes' date=' I see it, that frigging awesome! Great stuff man!:thumbsup:[/quote']Thanks!Philippe, do you think it's better when I use a flash on the camera?

Thanks!Philippe' date=' do you think it's better when I use a flash on the camera?[/quote']You can always try it, if it doesn't work out well so be it. I sure as hell can see the details and it looks impressive. That's an awesome watch you got there, and it's a Rolex, what more could you want. It looks great and everybody can see that!:cool:

You can always try it' date=' if it doesn't work out well so be it. I sure as hell can see the details and it looks impressive. That's an awesome watch you got there, and it's a Rolex, what more could you want. It looks great and everybody can see that!:cool:[/quote']I tried some shots with and without the flash. Sometimes, I have to delete the photos because of too much glare, and other times with the flash, details come to life. When I don't use the flash, the watch doesn't look as shiny gold, and the details aren't really there, but the pictures turn out clearer. I guess I'll just mix it up a bit, and do it both ways. :thumbsup:Thank you so much Philippe for your very kind comments! :thumbsup: Your a very cool guy. :prost: