• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Kavinsky

• Matt5

• Gary1911A1

Very nice Coop. I'm getting to the age I'm going to need a larger face so I can see what time it is. Anybody know of a dress watch with a larger face that doesn't look like a kid's watch?

Very nice Coop. I'm getting to the age I'm going to need a larger face so I can see what time it is. Anybody know of a dress watch with a larger face that doesn't look like a kid's watch?

You might have to do some shopping around to see what's out there that suits your needs, and taste.Macy's usually has a nice selection.

Thanks Tony D.Be careful Tony' date=' most of these companies are fly by night,and close up quickly as to not get caught, as it's Illegal for them to sell and make them. They will shut down, and re open under a different name. They usually don't depict items honestly either. Most are really just crap. They have been known to take your money and not deliver anything, and you have no recourse. I bought my two replicas perhaps over a decade ago. That company is long gone too. Buyer beware Tony D.[/quote']what about a movie prop house somewhere? there must be a company that sells replica props out there somewhere for something like stunt work that might be willing to sell a replica rolex in passing once in awhile to an outside person, or someone that aquired one of these rolex replicas in passing from back in the day and is looking to get rid of it on ebay, you never knowthe other possibility is that I believe that you can find goods like that in flea markets that are usually on the down low, a little iffy safety and money wise but as long as you dont make yourself a target I would imagine it would be possibile to easily find one there, hell I know that a guy here in MA had a replica as he flat out said so when I asked him about it.and Garry you could try and look for an old omega like mine, the silverish face with gold dials, hands and seconds counter really shows up under most conditions Eingefügtes Bildand because they made so many of them they range from about 300 - 600 bucks as they were one of omegas most popular models back then, it just so happened my father aquried one of the first back in 62' and they were sold at a lower price point to compete with rolex back then.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Omega_Seamaster_De_Ville_1970.jpgthe date may be a little hard to read though as it doesnt have a magnifier over it, the other possibility might be an ebel watch that I've seen them selling at my local BJ's for a couple hundred or even one of the swiss army watches that victorinox sells http://www.swissarmy.com/us/category/Category/Chronograph/3060?f=category&v=3/300/3060&m=add&although I cant find that one that I had looked at for a 175 bucks though, it was lumincent, had a normal numbered watch face and was completely matt black and hell I ran into someone who had one at the gunshow once just like the rolex replica.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Omega_Seamaster_De_Ville_1970.jpg/539px-Omega_Seamaster_De_Ville_1970.jpgand because they made so many of them they range from about 300 - 600 bucks as they were one of omegas most popular models back then, it just so happened my father aquried one of the first back in 62' and they were sold at a lower price point to compete with rolex back then.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Omega_Seamaster_De_Ville_1970.jpgthe date may be a little hard to read though as it doesnt have a magnifier over it, the other possibility might be an ebel watch that I've seen them selling at my local BJ's for a couple hundred or even one of the swiss army watches that victorinox sells http://www.swissarmy.com/us/category/Category/Chronograph/3060?f=category&v=3/300/3060&m=add&although I cant find that one that I had looked at for a 175 bucks though, it was lumincent, had a normal numbered watch face and was completely matt black and hell I ran into someone who had one at the gunshow once just like the rolex replica.

I forgot about that Kavinsky. I too saw replica rolex watches (made in China) at a gun show in Reno Nevada in the early 90's. There were lots of styles to choose from.I would think that some flea markets may also have some with some luck. Just remember, some may try to sell it as a real one.Remember, If it's too good to be true....it probably is.

I forgot about that Kavinsky. I too saw replica rolex watches (made in China) at a gun show in Reno Nevada in the early 90's. There were lots of styles to choose from.I would think that some flea markets may also have some with some luck. Just remember' date=' some may try to sell it as a real one.Remember, If it's too good to be true....it probably is.[/quote']well I ment the advice for him not me as I'm satisfied with the omega although truth be told if I came across a replica of a gold rolex oyster perpetual b I would be tempted, but I do have a vague idea on how to identify the replicas as I've heard that the magnifying glass doesnt actually magnify on a replica, either that or its very crude.

Chloe requested that I show some pictures of my watch on my wrist.Eingefügtes Bild

Now you can see how big it is.I'm just wondering how Crocket could shoot with his gun, which looks heavy to me, and such a heavy watch? He must have had some strong arms then. I am not sure on which arm he had his watch but he often fired with both arms on the gun.

well I ment the advice for him not me as I'm satisfied with the omega although truth be told if I came across a replica of a gold rolex oyster perpetual b I would be tempted' date=' but I do have a vague idea on how to identify the replicas as I've heard that the magnifying glass doesnt actually magnify on a replica, either that or its very crude.[/quote']I know the advise was for Tony D., I was just agreeing with you. :thumbsup:

Now you can see how big it is.I'm just wondering how Crocket could shoot with his gun' date=' which looks heavy to me, and such a heavy watch? He must have had some strong arms then. I am not sure on which arm he had his watch but he often fired with both arms on the gun.[/quote']2morgen, you don't understand.This is NOT the size of the watch Crockett wore. Crockett wore a 36mm Rolex. The one I'm wearing in the photo is the newest Rolex large size called a ROLEX DAY DATE II which is a 41mm. Crockett never wore one that big, because this size didn't exist in 1984.This watch looks bigger on my wrist, because I have small wrists. It just makes the watch look even bigger.When I get a chance, I'll post this watch next to the replica rolex which is exactly the size Crockett wore, so you can see Crockett never wore one this big.

ah I gotcha and when it comes to shooting the watch is on the left hand, not the right hand which he uses for shooting and he uses BOTH of his hands while shooting, so the left doubles the support for the gun, and the left is his weak hand that only acts as extra support for the gun, its not the primary hand he shoots with:at 1:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBZ69dVzWs

and Don is right handed and right eye dominant like most people including me and I do shoot with my watch on as wellnow the reason why the dominant eye thing is signficiant is because that's the eye that focuses on the sights, the front and the rear, while the left is for depth of field (or atleast thats the way I understand it) and when switching hands if your right side dominant in both cases you also need to switch eyes as well and shut the right eye when shooting left handed for your left eye to properly focus on the sightsand in that case I would imagine you'd switch your watch around to the other hand as well, to accomplish the same thing.plus in the 1970's and the 1980's the taught stance of shooting was now with both hands and before then you used only your primary hand for shooting, which on most people is the right hand while the watch was on the left and they did do one handed shooting on the Michale Mann show Crime Story that took place in 62'at 5:18

and you can somewhat see that the watch is on the left while the guns on the right and man one hand shooting looks ridiculous, although that was the taught way to shoot from the late 1800's to about the late 1960's and in order to be a good shot you really had to have a strong dominant arm to pull it off and be a proficent shooter and there was people who were, primarily with the M1911 or a revolver. although usually a revolver as its far better balanced for something like that as the center of mass is just above the web of your hand (which is now known as a high bore axis which the 1911, Luger P08, Walther P38, CZ 75 and the Bren Ten had) and thus it was much easier to shoot offhand like that as long as you could shoot double action well if you used a revolver.

Something Laser Engraved on your watch COOPHey Coop,Hold the watch straight out in front of you, and tilt the bottom of the face down, and the top up, and you can see a laser-engraved Rolex Crown Logo at the 6 'o' Clock Position. I would know, I had a Rolex Yachtmaster II Replica that had it, and they all have it in 2011:Eingefügtes Bild

Now you can see how big it is.I'm just wondering how Crocket could shoot with his gun' date=' which looks heavy to me, and such a heavy watch? He must have had some strong arms then. I am not sure on which arm he had his watch but he often fired with both arms on the gun.[/quote']:D Thank you...now i have an idea of size..it is pretty chunky..but like you say depends on the size of the wrist

Beautiful piece' date=' Coop, congratulations :)[/quote']Thanks Pal!It's big, it's bad....it's a Rolex President! Gotta admit, I'm proud of it. All that Gold on your wrist....can't describe the feeling. You really feel like Crockett!

Fantastic :D

I'm going to a steakhouse for dinner tonight, and you can be sure that I'll have the sleeves rolled up on my shirt to make sure the Rolex can be seen. Hey, it's a staus symbol, you have to show it off, that's it's purpose. Gotta be Crockett.

I'm going to a steakhouse for dinner tonight' date=' and you can be sure that I'll have the sleeves rolled up on my shirt to make sure the Rolex can be seen. Hey, it's a staus symbol, you have to show it off, that's it's purpose. Gotta be Crockett.[/quote']Your going to look sharp tonight Cooper specially with that Rolex.I like that.Your going to be one fine Crockett

Your going to look sharp tonight Cooper specially with that Rolex.I like that.Your going to be one fine Crockett

The clothes won't be too Crockett-like' date=' as I'm going to wear a white button down shirt with blue pinstripes on it, with collar buttons to hold the collar down. It looks neat. However, I'll wear a blazer with it. I'll take the blazer off when eating, and roll up the sleeves on the shirt just a bit to show off the Rolex.Can't wait for that huge steak!! I decided not to eat breakfast, or lunch, and have a [u']huge dinner. Then, it's off to the movies, where I'll be seeing George Lucas' newest movie, RED TAILS. I've heard some good things about the movie. If you like seeing WW II planes and bombers, the AAC clothing, and fighters dogfighting Nazi planes in some really Awesome action scenes, then this is for you. I'm into all that, as I love the WW II era, and I collect vintage 1940's WW II leather flight jackets.Hard to be Crockett without the Rolex! :thumbsup:

I'm going to a steakhouse for dinner tonight' date=' and you can be sure that I'll have the sleeves rolled up on my shirt to make sure the Rolex can be seen. Hey, it's a staus symbol, you have to show it off, that's it's purpose. Gotta be Crockett.[/quote']Hope your evening went well. Be careful when showing your Rolex off as there are people, I kid you not, who would cut your hand off to get it.

Hope your evening went well. Be careful when showing your Rolex off as there are people' date=' I kid you not, who would cut your hand off to get it.[/quote']Gary, I really appreciate your kindness, and concern.I don't go to places where you'd find riff raff, the places I go are too exclusive.I've also heard the rumor that someone will "cut your hand off" if you have a rolex. I've heard it so many times over the years, I think it's just an Urban legend, as I can't find anyone, anywhere who has had this happen to them. With so many peole out there wearing fake "bling" now, I seriously doubt anyone would even know what it is, if I ventured off into places where low lifes live.In the highrises, skyscrapers, executive business offices, and up scale places I go, your not going to find someone in a business suit trying to cut my hand off, as they are too busy trying to close the next deal, how many holes of Golf to get in before lunch, or decide which color BMW to buy next.I wouldn't wear it to East L.A., or low rent areas. I honestly appreciate your thoughtfullness for my safety. Your O.K. in my book Pal!Seriously, thanks again. :prost:

I guess my years in Parole and Probation followed by 12 years working in Corrections has jaded me. Maybe that's why I like Maimi Vice. I can identify with Sonny in the 4th and 5th season.