Episode 48 Walk Alone

C Glide

Great Jeremy! I believe club scenes in Teaser and with Izzy were filmed at Club Ovo now Jerry's Famous Deli. What do you think ?
Yes' date=' you are right. Thanks allot. I went and took another look. I even see the OVO sign they walk past when Stan and Larry walk in to see Izzy. In the teaser there are also several things that still remain today regarding structure and design patterns on the wall. I seem to remember this talked about (now I do) a long time ago but I had forgotten and I totally did not recognize it, Thanks :o[/size']

greeat work as always! In order to help you out with the open locations: the bed scenes with Laura and the scenes with Izzy were filmed at Club Ovo too.the hospital scenes are studio scenes.the library scenes with Carl I am not sure about. as far as I recall they are studio too, but I have to take a look at the reports first.I have the daily production sheets in my possession.shooting dates were 4-15 Sep 1986Hope that helps!

greeat work as always! In order to help you out with the open locations: the bed scenes with Laura and the scenes with Izzy were filmed at Club Ovo too.the hospital scenes are studio scenes.the library scenes with Carl I am not sure about. as far as I recall they are studio too' date=' but I have to take a look at the reports first.I have the daily production sheets in my possession.shooting dates were 4-15 Sep 1986Hope that helps![/quote']Yes it is of course helpful. If you can check the Library scene for confirmation that would be great. I have already updated the site with Crockettt's info and will update with your info shortly so it would be great to know for sure that the Library was a set as suspected. THanks:thumbsup:

greeat work as always! In order to help you out with the open locations: the bed scenes with Laura and the scenes with Izzy were filmed at Club Ovo too.the hospital scenes are studio scenes.the library scenes with Carl I am not sure about. as far as I recall they are studio too' date=' but I have to take a look at the reports first.I have the daily production sheets in my possession.shooting dates were 4-15 Sep 1986Hope that helps![/quote']Wow you have the daily production sheets - great :D

• 4 years later...

Interesting to see the South gate of the Corrections facilities and looks like all car scenes were shot on the perimeter road of the facility. Great episode.:D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/14000+NW+41st+St,+Miami,+FL+33178,+USA/@25.7739522,-80.4311077,3681a,20y,44.21t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9be0cdb127017:0x74184f64b696e63e!8m2!3d25.8118125!4d-80.4331817?hl=en

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Producers liked this spot on the turnaround on the Rickenbacker Cswy as it afforded a great view of Brickell from Season 3 onwards - featured in "Walk Alone", "Blood and Roses", "Hostile Takeover" and the finale "Freefall". Here are some shots from a grey day in 2014 when I visited this location.:hippie:

956.JPG

958.JPG

953.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Producers liked this spot on the turnaround on the Rickenbacker Cswy as it afforded a great view of Brickell from Season 3 onwards - featured in "Walk Alone", "Blood and Roses", "Hostile Takeover" and the finale "Freefall". Here are some shots from a grey day in 2014 when I visited this location.:hippie:

956.JPG

958.JPG

953.JPG

Yes Burn Notice used it a lot also.  No surprise given the connections between the two shows.

20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yes Burn Notice used it a lot also.  No surprise given the connections between the two shows.

I’ve not caught too much “Burn Notice” but this location is also very important for Miami Vice not only for all the episodes it was featured in from Seasons 3-5 - but also as the last scene ever of Miami Vice was shot there in late April 1989.  The scene under the bridge where C&T are pulled out of their car as Borbon is ‘shot’ and ‘killed’ ( of course he wasn’t ) was the scene.:hippie:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I stumbled across an old picture from Ken Beberman an artist who did the murals of Club Ovo (several episodes), Paris Moderne (Borrasca) and others in the 80s and early 90s. Here is how the Club Ovo looked like in Walk alone and also later in 1987 just after Walk alone filmed there. That picture is from a design magazine in Miami in Dec 1987.

https://beberman.com/bio

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-21 um 10.16.13.png

• Like 5

Am 17.4.2018 um 12:56 schrieb Matt5:

956.JPG

958.JPG

953.JPG

This is also one of the most important locations: The very last scene of Freefall was filmed there on 27 April 89 (car with Crockett/Tubbs stopped, Borbon is abducted and „shot“).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I hope I'm not going too much off topic with this question about an extra seen during this episode. This really aroused my curiosity and i couldn't find out any info from IMBD under the episode cast list.

Does anyone know who that good looking woman standing next to Sonny is? She is seen before the climatic ending when the team plans Tubbs rescue from prison. Never seen her before, she's wearing a Metro Dade Police patch. She seems supervising the whole planning (doesn't say much except for one line) and could well be a superior officer (perhaps another captain, lieutenant or higher commander...).

Anyone knows?

walkalone_screenshoot.PNG

vor 8 Stunden schrieb sdiegolo78:

I hope I'm not going too much off topic with this question about an extra seen during this episode. This really aroused my curiosity and i couldn't find out any info from IMBD under the episode cast list.

Does anyone know who that good looking woman standing next to Sonny is? She is seen before the climatic ending when the team plans Tubbs rescue from prison. Never seen her before, she's wearing a Metro Dade Police patch. She seems supervising the whole planning (doesn't say much except for one line) and could well be a superior officer (perhaps another captain, lieutenant or higher commander...).

Anyone knows?

walkalone_screenshoot.PNG

As she had a non speaking role, she was not credited and her name will therefore stay nearly impossible to find (a non speaking role means you don’t need or get a SAG card). 

and, yes you are right, this post is off-topic for the episode section and better suited for the general episode section where there is a General discussion thread for each episode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

there are few pics of the prison interior. These are from 2019, the prison was built in 1985, just before they filmed for "Payback" and then more prominently for "Walk-alone" in September 86.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 11.11.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 11.13.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 11.16.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-24 um 11.17.19.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

an old picture if the interior of Hoffman´s cafeteria that later became Warsaw Ballroom, Club Ovo, China Club and appeared in so many episodes, e.g. Made for each other, Little Miss Dangerous (exterior only), Walk-alone, Red Tape, Rising sun of death, Over the line

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-16 um 19.13.04.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

South Florida Reception Centre at 14000 NW41st St in Doral and the grounds were used throughout this fine episode directed by David Jackson (“French Twist”, “Stone’s War”, “Afternoon Plane”) and written by W.K. Scott Meyer (only episode written for Miami Vice)— airing in the early fall 1986. Although not confirmed the “Move in” car scenes \ van scenes I suspect are filmed on the same stretch of perimeter road as when we see Tubbs being transported there earlier in the episode.

IMG_6965.png

IMG_6966.png

IMG_6967.png

IMG_6962.jpeg

IMG_6963.jpeg

IMG_6964.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, that's practically walking distance from where I used to work (and currently trying to get back too).

3 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Cool, that's practically walking distance from where I used to work (and currently trying to get back too).

In Doral? 
This location is remote , west of the airport off Tamiami — I spent some time there mainly industrial before I left for the Keys a few days ago.