Forum styles

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

In the past we had almost ten different forum styles with different background colors and banners. This was a pretty cool thing for those of you who wanted to change our banners. But on the other hand it was a lot of administration work every time there's a new forum version because we had to do some changes manually on each style.Because of this there will be only three styles left.1. our old .ws style which is called miamiviceonline.com Style2. our old .info style which is called miamivice.info Style and3. a new style called Random Style. By choosing this style the banners change randomly every time you refresh our portal site or by clicking on the banner.This is the best solution for those of you who want to change between our different banners and those of us who have to do all the administration work.

• 2 weeks later...

Something went wrong with the style:There is an ugly black frame around the search box:Eingefügtes BildFile: css.php:3080.navbar_search input { border-bottom-color: currentColor;border-bottom-style: solid;border-bottom-width: medium;border-left-color: currentColor;border-left-style: solid;border-left-width: medium;border-right-color: currentColor;border-right-style: solid;border-right-width: medium;border-top-color: currentColor;border-top-style: solid;border-top-width: medium;font-size: 11px;padding-bottom: 1px;padding-left: 1px;padding-right: 1px;padding-top: 1px;vertical-align: middle; }As follows I have changed the CSS, unfortunately I can do it only temporarily.Caipi, if you'll find some minutes...Eingefügtes Bild}css.php:3080.navbar_search input { border-bottom-color: currentColor;border-bottom-style: none;border-bottom-width: medium;border-left-color: currentColor;border-left-style: none;border-left-width: medium;border-right-color: currentColor;border-right-style: none;border-right-width: medium;border-top-color: currentColor;border-top-style: none;border-top-width: medium;font-size: 11px;padding-bottom: 1px;padding-left: 1px;padding-right: 1px;padding-top: 1px;vertical-align: middle; } ...and where ist the shoutbox? :confused:...and the Lightbox-Popup provides the Thumb instead the linked picture (see if you klick on one of my inserted thumbs)A look into the source code shows, that the pics are double linked, and you cannot remove the second link that overwrites the first one.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Chris, I did some looking too and from what I can see it looks like the "navbarsearch_input_borderColor" is causing the problem. Only problem is I can't find that on this board under the "Style Variable Editor". They are not listed for some reason? Perhaps this is controlled by the vBCMS mod? The "navbar search" is supposed to have 3 options (4 options for 4.1.10, "searchbox_size: Changes the size of the search box.) for the search box and they should be at the bottom of the "Navbar" heading. This is from my forum's style variable editor. I'm running 4.1.7.Eingefügtes BildThey are in charge of the following.1. navbarsearch_borderWidth: Changes the border width of the search box.2. navbarsearch_input_borderColor: Changes the color of the border around the input field of the search box.3. navbarsearch_padding: Changes the width of the padding between the input box and the border width.I'm using Google Chrome and if I put my mouse in the search box and then right click on it, I can inspect the element. Here is what I see.Eingefügtes BildAnd if I deselect the "border: solid;" check box, it goes away.Eingefügtes BildHope that helps.FYI: I see the shout box on the portal page.And the "Original Style" is the only one that does not have the black border around the search box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The "Forum" tab text is blank also?Eingefügtes Bild

FYI. This is not an error. I just realized whichever tab you are on for the page you are looking at will be whited out like this. :o

• Administrators

Yes they turn white but mine doesn't look like your screenshot. I can still read "forum", "Downloads", Blogs" etc. on the tab.

• 4 weeks later...