Nash Bridges Hemi Cuda ...

Pink Flaming0

yeah its just always one of the things that's stuck with me as a mopar person' date=' you see the mopars usually spared no expense engineering wise to make good cars back then and while some could be rough around the edges or not too good they were still in the end decent cars.and also well naturally I love the idea of a pistol grip shifter after seeing it in the early part of vanishing point with the challenger.Just thinking something, the seats in the cuda from the back seem to remind me of the pilot seats of the daytona oddly actually, sort of the same width almost.[/quote']After seeing the picture of it and knowing of the pistol grip its very :cool:.I love old and new school cars there's just something about the older models that get me.You know I did not recognize those seats in the cuda since now you brought it up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• Stinger390X

• Sonny-Burnett

• alleycat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After seeing the picture of it and knowing of the pistol grip its very :cool:.I love old and new school cars there's just something about the older models that get me.You know I did not recognize those seats in the cuda since now you brought it up.

its like a mechanical watch vs a digital one, no matter what they do there will be nothing that replaces the more mechanical ones in quality, looks and use.albeit technology has its place with making the mechanical stuff faster and more efficient but it will never replace the crafstmenship and hand made qualities of the mechanical stuff and just like anything else it needs a good balance of that combo otherwise it just becomes a tool, a computer on wheels that you dispose of every couple of yearsand you have the most fun between 40 and a 120 anyways, I used to blast around on the backroads here with my old car right at the traction limit at 40 mph around tight bends, hell the only thing that really maters when it comes to performance specs when it comes to engine performance is the acceleration and pull, torque basically, everything else is trivial on a road car enginewise, hence why I cant help but think of that 454 vette that Zora kept for himself in 1974 would be the idea engine for a car like the daytona.that's part of the reason why the 80's cars while overlooked are usually the ones people recommend for people who actually like to drive them, the last of the old mechanical cars mixed in with the european stuff that had been sorted by that time periodas in 68, the first year of the C3 vette they actually had a fairly good amount of trouble getting the disc brakes to work right and well with any new tech it takes 5 years to sort it out, along with the radial tires, namely the famous firestone 500 radials that blew out on alot of people who used them back in the 1970'skind of why I like the daytona so much, its a sorted 80's car with a futuristic yet classic 60's bodystyle that was built upon the old cars style with some unique changes and the 60's and 70's ones can be modded to modern spec and we only know about the engine changes done to the cuda, not the suspension, the thing that would benifit the most from modernization or simply putting the disc on the front on the rear like was an option on the 69 camaro's that was seldome taken.

its like a mechanical watch vs a digital one' date=' no matter what they do there will be nothing that replaces the more mechanical ones in quality, looks and use.albeit technology has its place with making the mechanical stuff faster and more efficient but it will never replace the crafstmenship and hand made qualities of the mechanical stuff and just like anything else it needs a good balance of that combo otherwise it just becomes a tool, a computer on wheels that you dispose of every couple of yearsand you have the most fun between 40 and a 120 anyways, I used to blast around on the backroads here with my old car right at the traction limit at 40 mph around tight bends, hell the only thing that really maters when it comes to performance specs when it comes to engine performance is the acceleration and pull, torque basically, everything else is trivial on a road car enginewise, hence why I cant help but think of that 454 vette that Zora kept for himself in 1974 would be the idea engine for a car like the daytona.that's part of the reason why the 80's cars while overlooked are usually the ones people recommend for people who actually like to drive them, the last of the old mechanical cars mixed in with the european stuff that had been sorted by that time periodas in 68, the first year of the C3 vette they actually had a fairly good amount of trouble getting the disc brakes to work right and well with any new tech it takes 5 years to sort it out, along with the radial tires, namely the famous firestone 500 radials that blew out on alot of people who used them back in the 1970'skind of why I like the daytona so much, its a sorted 80's car with a futuristic yet classic 60's bodystyle that was built upon the old cars style with some unique changes and the 60's and 70's ones can be modded to modern spec and we only know about the engine changes done to the cuda, not the suspension, the thing that would benifit the most from modernization or simply putting the disc on the front on the rear like was an option on the 69 camaro's that was seldome taken.[/quote'] Got to have horsepower in these beauties there fun to drive with the right engine in them and good pair of tire tread to smoke them. Definitely like the Daytona very much