Episode #48 "Walk-Alone"

Ferrariman

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Slight resemblance maybe, but I’m pretty sure it’s not her.  

DDCF3B94-186F-42C7-9DD2-DCA897559CF8.jpeg

F0144E48-78FD-4FFE-9D32-2F0C48ABE7F3.jpeg

It very well may not be her...but to be honest, the laser gun pic on the bottom looks less like her to me...if I didn’t already know, I wouldn’t recognize her in that picture. :p The top pic of the girl in MV looks more like her, and what she looked like in the 80s/early 90s. But, it’s probably someone else. 

19 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

It very well may not be her...but to be honest, the laser gun pic on the bottom looks less like her to me...if I didn’t already know, I wouldn’t recognize her in that picture. :p The top pic of the girl in MV looks more like her, and what she looked like in the 80s/early 90s. But, it’s probably someone else. 

Maybe she’s the stripper from the pilot :) :) :) 

• 2 months later...

I never like prison episodes; they're all the same: concrete settings, big, ugly dudes, lots of sadism.  This one is OK, but overall it's not a Vice episode I look forward to.

It's good seeing a lot of Switek and Zito; "Down for the Count" is coming up soon, so I want to treasure their scenes together while I can.

Two excellent songs here - INXS' "Listen Like Thieves" and The Damned's "In Dulce Decorum."  

For the record, here's Erin Gray from a 1980 Magnum P.I.:

gray2.jpg

Edited by Jack Gretsky
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jack Gretsky said:

I never like prison episodes; they're all the same: concrete settings, big, ugly dudes, lots of sadism.  This one is OK, but overall it's not a Vice episode I look forward to.

It's good seeing a lot of Switek and Zito; "Down for the Count" is coming up soon, so I want to treasure their scenes together while I can.

Two excellent songs here - INXS' "Listen Like Thieves" and The Damned's "In Dulce Decorum."  

gray2.jpg

I love and have Magnum, too! :thumbsup: I too don’t like prison episodes...very overdone & predictable. But, there’s way worse episodes than this one. :p

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:39 AM, Dadrian said:

Slight resemblance maybe, but I’m pretty sure it’s not her.  

DDCF3B94-186F-42C7-9DD2-DCA897559CF8.jpeg

F0144E48-78FD-4FFE-9D32-2F0C48ABE7F3.jpeg

Considering Buck Rogers aired before Vice, I seriously doubt it would be her in any sort of uncredited role. That and my Erin Gray sensor would have gone off...it's calibrated slightly below the Lynda Carter sensor.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 1:10 AM, Robbie C. said:

Considering Buck Rogers aired before Vice, I seriously doubt it would be her in any sort of uncredited role. That and my Erin Gray sensor would have gone off...it's calibrated slightly below the Lynda Carter sensor.

You have one of those Gray Sensors too, Robbie C?  Respect!! 
Mine is calibrated slightly ABOVE my Lynda one (but it still hasn't been confirmed if it's high enough above to slip anyone else in the space between them).
Buck Rogers for me was a absolute salute to a figure as gloriously aeronautically aero-awesome as the titanium frame of a Tomcat F-14B!
If you put both hands on her waist, hold her up over your head with her arms angled  a flat-35, and aim into the wind at a 7-degree up-pitch, you---err, umm... I mean...uh. 
Err...what I mean is, no, Ms Gray was definitely not included in Vice. 

Though, Robbie C, I hope you caught the (memory elixer?) tv commercial I saw last year with Erin Gray!  Center-camera, doing all the talking---impossible to mistake, it was her and her almost alone for the whole commercial.  Math may say she's likely a grandmother by now... but Jeeez, I want my wife to look that still-together, nothing at all pouched or lost its tone, when she's a grandma. 
Speaking about Erin and Lynda both, when you see either of them around a corner in one of these tv ads, it's clear to your eyes that a once great-shaped Maserati, is a FOREVER admired great-shaped Maserati.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2021 at 6:13 PM, Jack Gretsky said:

gray2.jpg

Life is always more colorful when Erin Gray is involved; her obvious qualities notwithstanding, to me she's been someone who seems to know what she's doing with herself (and it appears it's mostly being awesome).

• Like 2

One of my favorite Tubbs lines is in this episode: "Why send in a rookie when you can send in the coach" (this wasn't really a question, nor a question for me). Coach Tubbs knows that defense wins championships, but offense exposes the corruption. Plus I like that he said "coach" and not "MVP" or "Superstar" (although I certainly think Tubbs is both!), so I think he demonstrated a little humble confidence in that spot.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

8/10.

Watched this again last night and I always rate it highly once its finished. 

I really like this story and music, Jan's "Definitely Miami" cues fitted perfectly also.

Ron Pearlman and Lawrence Fishbourne as the guest stars were great.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Life is always more colorful when Erin Gray is involved; her obvious qualities notwithstanding, to me she's been someone who seems to know what she's doing with herself (and it appears it's mostly being awesome).

They ran the Magnum episode with her in it again the other day... @Dadrian would certainly appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

They ran the Magnum episode with her in it again the other day... @Dadrian would certainly appreciate it.

I’m not sure what’s going here :) 

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’m not sure what’s going here :) 

You said you have a bit of an Erin Gray radar. And since it's Magnum there are bikini scenes as well as her in tiger-stripe camo. Both look much better than the Buck Rogers uniforms...

3 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

You said you have a bit of an Erin Gray radar. And since it's Magnum there are bikini scenes as well as her in tiger-stripe camo. Both look much better than the Buck Rogers uniforms...

I did? :) 

She’s very pretty, but I’ve never heard of her except for this thread (unless I’m mixed up with someone else). 

It’s hard to remember all 10k+ posts :) 

I have one question and one observation.

The loser drug dealer who gets shot dead in one of the opening scenes in the restaurant looks like one of the corrupt guards.  He was the guard who got beat up by the inmates at the end.  Was it the same actor?  Pretty weird if it was.  Don't know why I can't find a proper page with all of the acting credits, along with photos of the actors.

The early prison scene where Tubbs punches out the Aryan Brotherhood guy was pitiful.  The punch was incredibly phony.  Looks to me like Tubbs just missed the guy's jaw, but he pretended it hit anyway and went down.

Edited by dragon48

vor 8 Stunden schrieb dragon48:

I have one question and one observation.

The loser drug dealer who gets shot dead in one of the opening scenes in the restaurant looks like one of the corrupt guards.  He was the guard who got beat up by the inmates at the end.  Was it the same actor?  Pretty weird if it was.  Don't know why I can't find a proper page with all of the acting credits, along with photos of the actors.

No, not the same actor. Just remotely similar type and build. The loser dealer in the teaser was played by Will Knickerbocker, who appeared in several episodes in small roles (e.g. the marina keeper in early season 1 episodes, Captain George in "Honor among thieves", the delivery man in "To have and to hold"). The leading guard at the end, called Fox, who was beaten to death by his "own peers" was played by Kevin Conway. As guest star, Conway is mentioned in the opening credits, Knickerbocker as a small speaking role should be in the closing credits, but is not for whatever reason.

See photo comparison below: Kevin Conway (left), Will Knickerbocker (right)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-14 um 14.21.15.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1