Episode #48 "Walk-Alone"

Ferrariman

• 1 year later...

The first 25 minutes of "Walk Alone" is pure Miami Vice! You have Izzy as a Chipandale dancer at $10 an hr., mang. You have your neon lights, teal green & mauve clothes & wall colors. You have wise cracks by Stan & Larry & Sonny. Good gunfight at the club. Cool music throughout the entire episode, especially Oriental Jan Hammer-isms when Castillo got involved. The whole team is involved in this one except Gina. The rest of the episode becomes a prison saga, which I never-the-less enjoyed. I felt so bad for Tubbs. His face looked like hamburger meat after they beat him up. Castillo saved the day, although with a six-shooter against high powered rifles. But it was exciting & I just love EJO's bad-ass persona! I'm glad they gave PMT plenty of air time. Not much DJ in the second half. I give this a rating of 9.5. I can watch this a few times over. For the poll, I 'm changing my score to a 9. By the way, someone said maybe Castillo's gun was an 8 shot 357.

The first 25 minutes of "Walk Alone" is pure Miami Vice! You have Izzy as a Chipandale dancer at $10 an hr., mang. You have your neon lights, teal green & mauve clothes & wall colors. You have wise cracks by Stan & Larry & Sonny. Good gunfight at the club. Cool music throughout the entire episode, especially Oriental Jan Hammer-isms when Castillo got involved. The whole team is involved in this one except Gina. The rest of the episode becomes a prison saga, which I never-the-less enjoyed. I felt so bad for Tubbs. His face looked like hamburger meat after they beat him up. Castillo saved the day, although with a six-shooter against high powered rifles. But it was exciting & I just love EJO's bad-ass persona! I'm glad they gave PMT plenty of air time. Not much DJ in the second half. I give this a rating of 9.5. I can watch this a few times over. For the poll I'm changing my score to a 9. By the way, someone said maybe Castillo's gun was an 8 shot 357.Sorry for the double post, I was trying to write in red.....it didn't work !!!!!!!

Guest neworder

I'm finding this a difficult episode to rate, no doubt it's a decent episode but how much so? Certainly the most violent episode to date, and the story is a harsh but very different one and it works well. Tubbs get's some limelight, significantly more than Crockett which is a nice change and PMT delivers a good performance. Tony D is spot on with saying the first 25 mins is spot on Vice, I love the little car chase with Tubbs driving the Aston Martin, gorgeous car that would give the Testarossa a good run for it's money!!! Music is good too, In Dulce Decorum is a fantastic track! The only poor side to this episode is perhaps the overly ridiculous Izzie scene, seems out of tune with the rest of the episode and Castillo putting up with those shots at the end of the ep. A different story for Miami Vice and a move in a more violent direction, executed very well however. I rated this a 7 on .org, but I'm going to raise it to - 8/10

Tony is spot on with the first 25 minutes or so and from there on I can't say much. Not my favorite episode, nor will I watch it anytime soon. We finally get an insight on some of Tubbs's personal life and man, she's a cutie. We also get an inside for Trudy being a little more than eager to get something going with Rico during her 'visit'- you could here it in her voice with the dissappointment of her not getting a kiss. The car chase was OK, Thanx for clearing the air on what it was- don't know much on exotics, yet I loved the 4-eyed, pursuit special Mustangs that come down on Rico and the back-drop where they hold him at gunpoint is awesome and unfortunately the highlight of this episode for me and it really goes down fast from there. After Trudy's visit, I picked up something else to read. I got the feeling Michael Mann got a phone call stating that the idea of shooting an episode in a prison will have to happen and soon as it appears that this one was recently completed and a little too nice. I wonder if there's a script as this one to me seemed so poorly carried out I wanted to scream. Crockett's part had some truely genuine parts with his concern for Rico going under for this gig, yet soo much was just plain poor. The one-eyed guy that gave up info was comical and his friend who ironically ended up being Rico's cell mate was such a bad choice and when he asks Rico for a kilo and if not they'd kill him was just rotten. The way he rolled 'cold-cain' made me shake my head. Izzy as a stripper...Ugh...Yet funny....I can only muster a four...Sorry. I love Vice, yet this one seems like one that should have never happened, or at least this way- Just my 2¢....Mike

The one-eyed guy that gave up info was comical and his friend who ironically ended up being Rico's cell mate was such a bad choice and when he asks Rico for a kilo and if not they'd kill him was just rotten.

Sorry to be pedantic Iceman, but they were actually different characters. Rico's cell mate was Lazarus. The one eyed guy's friend was Samson. Samson was the leader of the Muslim brotherhood who got shot dead in the yard. When the one eyed guy found out, he got angry and made Switek and Zito for cops.I think that this was another solid Season 3 episode. Obvious at the beginning of the episode that things were going far too well for Tubbs. Also Tubbs wouldn't be Tubbs if he became tied down. Therefore Laura had to go! I think she had to get the award for most unconvincing cop as well.Check out Tubbs' typewriter near the beginning of the episode. Vice shows it's age!Who the hell would give Izzy a job as a stripper?In this episode we see another one of those "difference of opinion" scenes between Crockett and Tubbs where they stand directly opposite each other. In this episode, this was during the "when you're in the joint you gotta be cold..." conversation.We see some great non-verbal communication between Crockett and Castillo at the end of the scene that takes place in the hospital. In my opinion, this is the hallmark of good acting, when an actor can convey an opinion, thought, or emotion without even opening their mouths. After Tubbs volunteers for the Bolton mission, and Castillo agrees, Crockett looks at Castillo as if to say "You're not seriously gonna let him do this are you?", and Castillo just stares back at him as if to say "Yes, and it's my decision so there's nothing you can do about it".I love Tubbs' car chase. Notice though that he never actually seems to get anywhere. In front of him you keep seeing Rickenbacker Causeway looming up in the distance, but it never seems to get any nearer to it. Eventually Tubbs comes to a rest just underneath the beginning of the Causeway. Notice the similarities between this car chase and the "Bought and paid for" car chase. The chase ends with a perfect view of the Miami skyline in the background, just as it did in "Bought and Paid for". This kind of direction is no accident, and it's this kind of thing that to this day still makes Vice unique. DanJ also took myself and Baron Samedi to the spot where the cars stop. This location can also be seen in "Freefall" when Johnny Ramon supposedly shoots Bourbon.You can tell that the prison where they filmed these scenes was a real prison. All the people in there who weren't acting looked like real cons to me.The scene where Lazarus is seen swinging from a rope was cut out of the original version that I saw on the BBC back in the 80's.A great finale to this episode. I love "In Dulce Decorum", and it was good to see Castillo get his hands dirty. I also thought Tubbs' line "at least they got a jury of their own peers" was apt.I'll give this one 8.5 out of 10.

I really enjoyed this episode and consider it an 8.5/10, which I’ve rounded up to 9.Its very different to any other episode. I usually enjoy prison dramas (e.g. Shawshank Redemption, Escape from Alcatraz…) and this one was also good and they seemed to pack a lot in 45 minutes. The entrance of Tubbs with “In Dulce Decorum†playing is one of the highlights of the whole MV series for me. I think it’s the perfect song they chose and really makes the scene. I like Laurence Fishburne and love the way he bullies Tubbs. I like the initial encounter Tubbs has with some of the prison inmates like Hammer and Samson. Tubbs plays the part of a dealer well and looks the part when he makes an agreement with Fox. The ending may not be very believable is still very good as Castillo steals the show, again with In Dulce Decorum playing. It’s a very intense episode and indeed shows a lot of vice! Just like it was important to have at least one episode in MV about Jai Alai, it seems the producers thought it was important to have at least one episode about a prison. And I think they did a good job. Its difficult to have a good story in 45 minutes, but they managed to give a reason for Tubbs going undercover in prison (which to me was believable), they managed to show how Tubbs is able to strike a deal with the prison chief (which to me was believable), they managed to show how Tubbs’ cover is blown (which to me was believable) and they also managed to show how Tubbs is saved (which to me was believable enough!)Songs tend to make or break episodes or scenes. For example, the ending of Out Where the Buses Don’t Run is made so memorable because of “Brothers in Armsâ€. Any perceived weaknesses in Walk Alone are made up with the fantastic choice of “In Dulce Decorumâ€. And for me, the entrance of Tubbs is made so memorable because of the song and the anticipation of what will happen to Tubbs while he’s under in prison.

Walk-Alone is a change of pace, being so gritty and brutal. It lacks the customary Miami Vice glamour as it’s mostly set in a prison but the approach it takes is very effective and this is a very top notch episode.A very well written episode. Excellent performance by PMT. Some of his best work on the show, along with Little Miss Dangerous, Red Tape, Mirror Image. There was a lot of tension in the ep, especially at the climax. All the prison scenes were very vivid, realistic and well done. Laurence Fishburne and Ron Perlman made very good guest stars. And I liked seeing Switek and Zito engaged in serious scenes.I really like the scene where Tubbs gets busted. He’s driving that cool car on the Rickenbacker Causeway with the song ‘Gear Jammer‘ by George Thorogood & The Destroyers. I always think of that Walk-Alone scene when I’m driving on the Rickenbacker whenever I’m in Miami. That and the scene on the Rickenbacker in El Viejo. And the Rickenbacker was seen in Wild Things too.A highlight of this ep was obviously The Damned’s ‘In Dulce Decorum’. A fantastic song. One of the best songs of the whole series. The song selection was utterly fantastic in season 3. It was utilised very well in the episode, in the scenes of Tubbs arriving and at the ending.And about the ending, it was very good. Rescuing Tubbs from the prison was Castillo’s finest hour. And EJO in prison was a precusor to American Me. Very effective last line by Tubbs. It brought the episode to a satisfying conclusion. My only real complaint about this ep is the stupid Izzy scene near the start. It didn’t match the intensity of the rest of the episode.Overall, an excellent episode. 9/10

• Like 1

My review from April 2007This is not one of my favorite episodes, but that is not to say that it isn't a good episode. We begin light hearted with Tubbs and his girl friend Laura enjoying each other's company. Jan uses nice light music for this scene. After the credits the light hearted atmosphere continues with Rico singing as he works and co-workers kidding him good naturedly. Sonny reminds him that they've got a deposition downtown and Rico after talking to his girlfriend on the phone says they have to stop at where she works and check-out a tip she gave about a drug deal going down. Neither Sonny or Rico take it too seriously. The atmosphere is lighthearted including INXS's Listen like Thieves" They even joke about the deal when they see who the 'Dealer' is - "My favorite kind of lunch. Like taking Nose Candy from a baby" All this changes when the deal doesn't go down but it's a hit. Somehow (I don't see how.) Laura gets killed by a wild shot. That's where the rest of this episode gets depressing and serious. Rico is in pain and Sonny can't help him. Rico won't listen to Sonny when Sonny warns him that when he's under especially in the Joint he needs to be Cold, and Rico's not even cool. Still Rico won't listen. Now I'm wondering Was Ron Pearlman's character hopeing that he could talk Sonny or Rico going undercover in that jail or was he serious that he thought Sonny or Rico could actually teach a rookie cop how to go under in the joint? Sonny was frustrated during this whole episode, he wanted to help, esepcially getting Rico out, but Castillo was right Sonny had sent too many people to Bolton and would have been recognized immediately. Stan and Larry going to the Ladies' night to talk to Izzy was a nice comic relief from Tubbs pain and Sonny's frustration. I am so glad that Izzy stopped taking off clothes I don't even want to think of him in a nude state. Walk this Way by Arrowsmith was a perfect song for Izzy to play air guitar to and again reflected a bit of needed lightness after the preceding darkness, and the coming darkness of the story. The police chasing Rico was nice. Rico actually got to drive a small sports car instead of his Caddy. The music used here was also good, and reflected the atmosphere of the chase nicely. Rico seemed to have some fun during this chase. In Dulce Decorum (or whatever the name of that song is) was spot on as the song to reflect the scenes in prison and the bus ride. The music just seemed depressing, monotonous, and scary. I also hated to see Rico beat up and bloody. A comic note was Trudy and Rico before he was made. Trudy seems disappointed that Rico isn't going to kiss her so they start fighting so they can act married. The guy with one eye seemed kind of naive for an ex-con. He knew what the prison gangs were like. He told Sweitek and Zito. He even arranged for Sampson to watch Rico's back. What did he think was going to happen if Sampson got between Hammer, his politics and the Fox? I noticed that Gina was with Sonny at the meet, she seemed quite concearned about Sonny. She was also with him in the surveillence Van while Sonny was listening to Castillo's wire. I really liked Marty in this one. He risked his life to get his man out of a dangerous situation, and was able to accomplish his task even though the guard who was supposed to be cooperating with him double crossed him. I cheered when Fox got killed by the prisoners, and liked Rico's comment: "at least he got a jurry of his own peers." Fox was no better and probably worse than the cons in the joint. On a personal note, Since I watch OZ alot, it was interesting to notice the same kind of gangs in Walk Alone as are depicted in OZ at least the White Suppremacists, and the Black Muslims. Also the dope running inside the prison is mentioned in OZ also. I'd give this episode a 4 for enjoyment level, but a 7 for episode ranking among the other MV episodes. 9/24/2009 - I just don't like prison episodes in regular shows. While I enjoyed watching OZ I knew it was a prison show and dealt with it on that level. When I watch Miami vice however, the last thing I want to see is a Prison episode. They are too depressing and not my first choice to watch. So personally I still don't like this one, however I thought it was done well. So I leave my score at 7 but I still don't like this episode and will put on almost any other episode except Miracle man, Leap of Faith and Cows of October , Yes I'll watch Missing Hours before this. I also didn't like the prison episode they did in Nash either when Nash's partner went under because of a cop being killed from someone on the inside. I just don't like prison episodes in tv shows that aren't about life in prison. (did't like SVU's either when Benson went under in a woman's prison).

This episode gets my full marks, a perfect 10! Rico going in under as an inmate, attempting to expose a drug and extortion operation by the guards. And a very entertaining ending! Action, music and all! Truly an MV ep!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I think that Walk Alone is an outstanding episode.The beginning with Izzy is a bit annoying, but that's quickly forgotten.It wouldn't have been the same if it was a Crockett ep. 9/10

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

damn they really have no luck with women, do they? I really felt bad, thinking oh no not again, when Rico's girlfriend got shot. I was really afraid for Rico the whole time he was in prison. Too bad he didnt kiss Trudy and instead pretended to be fighting with her.. wonder why they did that? I loved when Castillo went in to get Rico (why didnt he let Sonny go?). He looked like a ninja the way he was walking thru the prison yard. I just love Castillo, nobodys cooler than him! Very suspenseful, will watch this many more times! Gave it an 8!Oh and I liked the music, there was this one song that I have on CD (MV2 I think) and I could never figure out which ep it played. (Dont know what it's called, I really suck at remembering names, song titles etc)

• 1 year later...
Walk Alone isn't a typical VICE episode because there's not much glamour, no Art Déco, no neon or styled rooms. Instead of this, a bald and depressing prison-story was created where Rico has to risk his neck.:clap:Such a plot (and location) is completely new in VICE and wasn't used again.Although the abovementioned typical VICE elements lack, the episode impresses due to its rapidness and apprehension on Rico.:glossy:At the beginning I rejoiced to see a cheerful Rico, it's reminiscent of Season 1 where Rico is less serious, more youthful.Subsequently he gets a handy hint from her that there will be a drug business in a club.The club scenes are pure VICE - neon lights, cool suits and jackets, fantastic music (Listen Like Thieves by INXS).Some awesome quotes by Sonny follow, the situation gets out of control and Rico's girlfriend dies.After the intro we hear Jan Hammer's great score from One Way Ticket. That's a point why a like this episode. Jan Hammer created wonderful variatons of well-known tunes, especially Russian Story. Unfortunately Walk-Alone is the last episode where Russian Story is used because I really really love this score. The variation which he created in Walk-Alone appeals best to me.:radio:The next highlight is the scene where Rico contracts in smuggling in prison and Sonny stands in front of him and wants to convince him that his intend is dangerous - absolutely awesome and typical VICE!!!:happy:The prison scenes are very dramatical because I am really scared for Rico. Both Larry Fishburne and Kevin Conway are creepy and ruthless - great gangsters!The end scenes where Castillo struggle through the prison are a final highlight. Especially the fact that he has to kill cops is interesting because it seems that he has no problem with this - very cool.All in all Walk-Alone is an awesome episode with several highlights.10 of 10 points!

I like the last song and the lase score (Jan Hammer unreleased I believe -last scene).I thought it was a little cheesy when Rico jumps out from behind Keller like a weird cat..... what's up with the jump and the hands??? lol never saw anybody fight like that lol

• 11 months later...

I'm sorry but this just is not an episode I like much at all. The beginning was pretty good...and hilarious with Izzy as a stripper, while his whacked-out side-kick Manny plays the drums! :) Then it gets serious with the shoot-out in the restaurant and Tubbs' new girlfriend Laura gets killed.But, the rest of the episode is nothing but your standard prison saga. :thumbsdown: I'm sorry but I don't like prison storylines with anything...TV or movies, and I swear every cop/detective show in the 70's and 80's had to do a "prison" episode...like it was a pre-requisite or something. Some examples: "Knight Rider" did one, "Charlie's Angels" did freakin' two, "Matt Houston" did one, "Hunter" did one, the original "Hawaii Five-0" did at least two if not more in its 12 year run, etc...etc... :rolleyes: All of those shows are some of my all-time favorites...but I just don't like the prison episodes. They're all the same...some illegal crap is going on in the prison, one or a few of the main stars have to go in undercover as prisoners to stop it, they of course get found out, and the rest of the good guys have to come in and save them. Major overdone, predictable, obvious, and boring! :sick:The music, however, was pretty awesome and the guest-stars...talk about a very young, and a very thin Laurence Fishburne :eek: , along with Ron Perlman, Kevin Coway, etc... I also liked some of the action at the end with Castillo.But, other than those few aspects, this episode (along with "Everybody's In Showbiz") is probably my least favorite of the season. I gave it a 4.

• 11 months later...

Very well done - gritty , raw , quite brutal and great locations ( except the Prison of course  :D )

8.5/10 :D

Lovely girl in teaser ( Tubbs gf who was shot ) - uncredited too 

• 1 year later...

I liked it when it first aired & I like it now. I love the change of pace from the stylish Sonny centric episodes. I don't want this every episode but because it's so different, it really hits hard. Great performances by everybody. I don't like the weird edit at the end when Rico jumps Keller at the end but there are a few scenes like that throughout Vice. Clearly they were on a tight schedule & couldn't do a lot of takes. Great episode & maybe the best Tubbs episode. A solid 10 for me!

Later in "Streetwise", Tubbs asks Trudy for a "kiss for show" & she says "you had your chance!" A rare instance of Continuity on Vice!

• Like 1

I didn't particularly like this ep, bit I didn't dislike it either.  I don't like when they leave Miami.  It always bothers me and I am always relieved when they return.  I'm the same way with "Cheers" - I hate it when they leave the bar.   :)  

I am not a fan of what Dick Wolf did with Miami Vice when he took over for John Nicolella in Season 3.  The main redeeming feature of this season was the fantastic choice of music.  That is what saves it for me.  And with "Walk Alone", that is exactly what happened.  "In Dulce Decorum" by The Damned is just awesome.  It's strange, it's gorgeous, it's haunting.  It adds so much to the mood of an otherwise blandly written ep.  But that's really Miami Vice in a nutshell:  well chosen and well placed (and well written, in Jan Hammer's case) music enhancing the mood to heights that had never been seen before on TV.  Also, the mood and tone being more significant than the plot.

• 3 months later...

The Vice team launching an all out rescue assault on a prison?! How ludicrous does that premise sound? Far fetched at face value, but the jury is in and it really works! In my eternal admiration for seasons one and two, on occasion I forget how much solid content we get from season three.

Bringing forefront the subject of modern prison corruption, "Walk Alone" is a brutal installment in the Vice story that no doubt takes inspiration from various lock up cinema classics of the past. I find rarely a dull moment exists in this one; the pacing is excellent and the plot is executed very well.

PMT shines in this one and carries such a serious tone and demeanor of sheer determination. Yet,his driving scene getting pursued by law enforcement was amusing, he could have quickly pulled his car over and still been taken to the joint as based on his newly created fake criminal record, but Tubbs had a little fun with the chase, good stuff!

The music is almost perfect in this episode, appropriate mood matched and heightening each scene to the fullest. In reality, after the repeated beatings that Tubbs received, he probably would have been missing some teeth and had eyes that were swollen shut, but the effects crew perhaps still did a decent job of creating a sense of bloody trauma for a 1980's television show. Trudy on the visit and the kiss situation made me smile. The rest of the cast deliver great performances, and we are treated here again to a display of Castillo's badass action skills. This was also an episode I felt the villains got what they deserved in the end, a sight not always seen in the series. This episode locked up a solid 9/10 for me.

Edited by DeepCover333
  • Like 1

(snipped)  In this episode we see another one of those "difference of opinion" scenes between Crockett and Tubbs where they stand directly opposite each other. In this episode, this was during the "when you're in the joint you gotta be cold..." conversation.We see some great non-verbal communication between Crockett and Castillo at the end of the scene that takes place in the hospital. In my opinion, this is the hallmark of good acting, when an actor can convey an opinion, thought, or emotion without even opening their mouths. After Tubbs volunteers for the Bolton mission, and Castillo agrees, Crockett looks at Castillo as if to say "You're not seriously gonna let him do this are you?", and Castillo just stares back at him as if to say "Yes, and it's my decision so there's nothing you can do about it". (snipped) I love "In Dulce Decorum", and it was good to see Castillo get his hands dirty. I also thought Tubbs' line "at least they got a jury of their own peers" was apt.I'll give this one 8.5 out of 10.

Yes, I always enjoy the scenes where Crockett and Tubbs have a difference of opinion, and agree that the Castillo-Crockett interaction was perfectly communicated without words.  I will have to re-watch the chase scene so I can appreciate your comments on it :)  In Dulce Decorum was great and perfectly suited to the scene.  And Tubbs' line about "a jury of their peers" was so very true.

Laurence Fishburne:  I've been watching him on Black-ish and he is such a talented actor, lots of range.  I enjoyed seeing his younger self; this must have been one of his earlier roles.  

(snipped) Its difficult to have a good story in 45 minutes, but they managed to give a reason for Tubbs going undercover in prison (which to me was believable), they managed to show how Tubbs is able to strike a deal with the prison chief (which to me was believable), they managed to show how Tubbs’ cover is blown (which to me was believable) and they also managed to show how Tubbs is saved (which to me was believable enough!)

Agree with you, chum981--all of those elements were presented in a way that was believable to me!  One question occurred to me on this viewing--in watching MV originally I never questioned the accuracy or range of the handguns the team used, but especially after reading some of the comments from the gun experts here, I've wondered if it was realistic that Castillo could have fatally shot the tower guard at the distance he was shooting.   

Walk-Alone is a change of pace, being so gritty and brutal. It lacks the customary Miami Vice glamour as it’s mostly set in a prison but the approach it takes is very effective and this is a very top notch episode.A very well written episode. Excellent performance by PMT. Some of his best work on the show, along with Little Miss Dangerous, Red Tape, Mirror Image. There was a lot of tension in the ep, especially at the climax. All the prison scenes were very vivid, realistic and well done. Laurence Fishburne and Ron Perlman made very good guest stars. (snipped) 

I could easily quote your whole post, Tommy Vercetti, because I felt that way, too!  Izzy as a stripper didn't really bother me although I agree, it's crazy to think he'd even be considered (but his body isn't that bad--it's his glasses and thinning hair that make him ridiculous as a sexy dancer :)

Trudy's conjugal visit with Tubbs was great--I had to laugh when he went off on her about cheating!  If only the one-eyed guy hadn't shown up to make Switeck and Zito, I think Tubbs would have cemented his cover with that bit of acting,

Re: Castillo's actions in the rescue of Tubbs:  yes, he kills cops (or at least guards who are sworn officers of the law, I would think) without compunction.  But he allowed Tubbs to get into this situation, and he is going to get him out of it or die trying.  So he doesn't hesitate to do what's necessary, since he knows the guards are corrupt and are unified in trying to put a hit on Tubbs.  We know he is about doing his duty, and he believes a very important part of his duty is to protect his team--not to send them into danger without backup.  So he will do whatever it takes.

The Vice team launching an all out rescue assault on a prison?! How ludicrous does that premise sound? Far fetched at face value, but the jury is in and it really works! In my eternal admiration for seasons one and two, on occasion I forget how much solid content we get from season three.

Bringing forefront the subject of modern prison corruption, "Walk Alone" is a brutal installment in the Vice story that no doubt takes inspiration from various lock up cinema classics of the past. I find rarely a dull moment exists in this one; the pacing is excellent and the plot is executed very well.

PMT shines in this one and carries such a serious tone and demeanor of sheer determination. Yet,his driving scene getting pursued by law enforcement was amusing, he could have quickly pulled his car over and still been taken to the joint as based on his newly created fake criminal record, but Tubbs had a little fun with the chase, good stuff! (snipped)

Yes, it works!  And I agree, S3 had some very solid and interesting episodes :)

This one was brutal and gritty, but I never felt the brutality was overwhelming or unnecessary to the story.  The little moments of humor (the chase, Trudy's visit, Stan's cover as her driver), and switching away to the squad's efforts to monitor and maintain Rico's safety during his stint in Bolton helped keep the violence of the guards and Rico's fellow prisoners from totally drowning the ep in brutality.

Great episode!  

Edited by vicegirl85
  • Like 1