Episode #48 "Walk-Alone"

Ferrariman

Another I'm mixed on.

The first 20 minutes are great. Love the Izzy stripper scene. Just realized Manny was on the drums. And i like the scene of Tubbs being chased by the cops.

I aint too big on prison flicks, with the exception of Shawshank. So the remainder of the episode, apart from Laurence Fishburne and the finale isn't really my thing. Love the scene with Trudy as Tubbs wife.

Great music. Surprise surprise.

7/10

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2018 at 6:31 PM, Rattlehead said:

Excellent episode, I always like stories dealing with corruption and prison dynamics. The ending is quite memorable! "Are you giving me my comb!?"

Great review 

• 11 months later...

This is a very good episode and very different to any other Miami Vice episode seen in Season 1 and 2. The show in these early Season 3 episodes is tougher, less fluffy, Crockett is focused, Tubbs is tough and Castillo looks meaner than ever. Just great. It is shot beautifully with dark colors of blue, greens and purples. This one is definately not style over substance - a good story. It’s a strong Tubbs episode then in the last 10 minutes becomes a Castillo episode! 10/10

5466399D-EB8E-47B7-8BC2-C0EB501D8F3C.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I wonder if they got the idea for the police car chase from the Longest Yard, because everything I see it reminds me of Burt Reynolds trying to get away from the cops, like he wants to get arrested.

Kind of similar.

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I wonder if they got the idea for the police car chase from the Longest Yard, because everything I see it reminds me of Burt Reynolds trying to get away from the cops, like he wants to get arrested.

Kind of similar.

Another great chase.:hippie:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Let's see, the overall episode isn't too appealing, but it has some details..

-Psycho Cybernetics (my fav. book) spotted in Carl's library.

-Switek seems to use a Famas (or a similar king of gun), Castillo uses the explosion as an Smoke Grenade and Kellar picks up a shotgun that looks like a Leone. I love CS 1.6 so it brought me some memories :clap:

-Castillo is great

-Neon lights in the first half of the episode. My motto is "Pastels at day, neon at night".

-Dalton Cathey looked like my old man.

On the downside, the moment when Tubbs jumps behind Kellar... worst edit ever. The whole episode has edition problems.

8/10

8 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I watched this again recently and forgot about the horrible edit at the end.  Also, Ron Perlman looked like Will Ferrell with a mustache.

He also looks like a well-groomed Chewbacca. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

He also looks like a well-groomed Chewbacca. 

:D I actually read Ron Perlman's autobiography, and even HE admitted(in so many words) that he had a face only prosthetics could love.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

@sdiegolo78posted this in the filming locations:

”I hope I'm not going too much off topic with this question about an extra seen during this episode. This really aroused my curiosity and i couldn't find out any info from IMBD under the episode cast list.

Does anyone know who that good looking woman standing next to Sonny is? She is seen before the climatic ending when the team plans Tubbs rescue from prison. Never seen her before, she's wearing a Metro Dade Police patch. She seems supervising the whole planning (doesn't say much except for one line) and could well be a superior officer (perhaps another captain, lieutenant or higher commander...).

Anyone knows?”

walkalone_screenshoot.PNG

In April 2019, I had lunch where she’s standing, and she was gone. Sorry. :p

20B080E9-67E5-40B2-8F35-4E2F8BA34AD1.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else ever think of the Van Damme movie “Death Warrant” when you watch this episode? There are so many parallels! 

As a child in the 80s, Van Damme movies were a big deal. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I don’t know Death Warrant but by the title alone, it sounds like a must!

By the way, for Valentine’s Day my girlfriend gave me a card and used Miami Vice episode titles to write how she thought of me. Hilariously, she wrote there would be no “Walk Alone” so w we are together. I explained to her how brilliant it was and how funny that the episode is actually pretty dark and takes place in a prison. 

• Like 1

Dadrian: May I ask the name of that location you had lunch at? I want to put it on my list of Miami Vice shooting locales to visit. And I agree...that actress is hot!

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Does anyone else ever think of the Van Damme movie “Death Warrant” when you watch this episode? There are so many parallels! 

As a child in the 80s, Van Damme movies were a big deal. :) 

I have a "Death Warrant" poster in my workout room, if that tells you anything!

15 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I have a "Death Warrant" poster in my workout room, if that tells you anything!

It tells me everything. :) 

I used to listen to the Bloodsport soundtrack when I worked out! :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but this just is not an episode I care much for. The beginning was pretty good...the MV-colored club, the wild action & the tragedy of Tubbs’ girlfriend Laura getting killed in the crossfire...then it goes straight to hilarious, with Izzy as a stripper, while his whacked-out side-kick Manny plays the drums! :) 

But, the rest of the episode is nothing but your standard prison-saga. :thumbsdown: I'm sorry but I don't like prison storylines with anything...TV or movies, and I swear every cop/detective show from the 60s through the 90s had to do a "prison" episode (along with a boxing one)...like it was a pre-requisite or something. :o

A few examples I can think of off the top of my head are: original Hawaii Five-0 did at least 2 if not more, Knight RiderCharlie's Angels did two, Matt HoustonHunter, etc...etc... All of those shows are some of my all-time favorites, but I just don't like the ‘prison plot’. It’s all the same thing...some illegal crap is going on in the prison, one or a few of the main stars have to go in undercover as prisoners to stop it, they of course get found out, and the rest of the good guys have to come in and save them. Major overdone, predictable, obvious, and boring! :rolleyes:

The music, however, was pretty awesome and the guest-stars...talk about a very young, and a very thin Laurence Fishburne :eek: , along with Ron Perlman, Kevin Coway, etc... I also liked some of the action at the end with Castillo.

But, other than those few aspects, this episode (along with "Everybody's In Showbiz") is probably one of my least favorite of the season. I originally gave it a 4....but with the cool beginning, I could probably bump it up to a 4.5-5. 

On 3/9/2021 at 3:09 AM, Dadrian said:

It tells me everything. :) 

I used to listen to the Bloodsport soundtrack when I worked out! :) 

Bloodsport had an excellent soundtrack.

That scene near the end when Van Damme is blinded, the score is awesome.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, fakespyder said:

Bloodsport had an excellent soundtrack.

That scene near the end when Van Damme is blinded, the score is awesome.

KnobbyEachBagworm-size_restricted.gif

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, Dadrian said:

@sdiegolo78posted this in the filming locations:

”I hope I'm not going too much off topic with this question about an extra seen during this episode. This really aroused my curiosity and i couldn't find out any info from IMBD under the episode cast list.

Does anyone know who that good looking woman standing next to Sonny is? She is seen before the climatic ending when the team plans Tubbs rescue from prison. Never seen her before, she's wearing a Metro Dade Police patch. She seems supervising the whole planning (doesn't say much except for one line) and could well be a superior officer (perhaps another captain, lieutenant or higher commander...).

Anyone knows?”

walkalone_screenshoot.PNG

In April 2019, I had lunch where she’s standing, and she was gone. Sorry. :p

20B080E9-67E5-40B2-8F35-4E2F8BA34AD1.jpeg

As for the actress above with Crockett...I can’t remember exactly, and I may be wrong, but it looks like it could have been a young Erin Gray.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

As for the actress above with Crockett...I can’t remember exactly, and I may be wrong, but it looks like it could have been a young Erin Gray.

Slight resemblance maybe, but I’m pretty sure it’s not her.  

DDCF3B94-186F-42C7-9DD2-DCA897559CF8.jpeg

F0144E48-78FD-4FFE-9D32-2F0C48ABE7F3.jpeg