Episode 4 Hit List

C Glide

I was doing some work on this episode for my web site, taking another look at it and doing some tweaks. A location that had eluded me for years, eludes me no more. It is now slightly embarrassing that I did not find it years ago but I just was not looking at it right and this time I did. Embarrassing because the location is just yards from the studio. The scene is the one where the Vice crew is tracking down Linus Oliver. The second cut shows Gina and Trudy driving along. Now I know that they are just outside the studio headed south on NE 16th Avenue passing Storer Communications. At the start of the cut you can actually make out Stage A of Greenwich Studios in the background, at least I can make it out now that I know what I am looking at. I have updated my site to reflect this find.

I was doing some work on this episode for my web site' date=' taking another look at it and doing some tweaks. A location that had eluded me for years, eludes me no more. It is now slightly embarrassing that I did not find it years ago but I just was not looking at it right and this time I did. Embarrassing because the location is just yards from the studio. The scene is the one where the Vice crew is tracking down Linus Oliver. The second cut shows Gina and Trudy driving along. Now I know that they are just outside the studio headed south on NE 16th Avenue passing Storer Communications. At the start of the cut you can actually make out Stage A of Greenwich Studios in the background, at least I can make it out now that I know what I am looking at. I have updated my site to reflect this find.[/color']

Fantastic , SoflaJeremy :D

Soflajeremy - I have a question about the end scene with Tubbs racing towards Sonny in the ferrari - now we know it was shot on Brickell/15th - but on page 3 of your site -towards then end of the scene there is another Brickell shot with a white condo in the background and a low rise horizontal stripped building and you describe this as ( with a photo)-- "Tubbs continues to speed to the rescue. Westbound on Brickell Bay Drive toward Brickell Ave. then on Brickell headed south past SW 15th Road and then westbound from Brickell Bay Drive across Brickell onto SW 15th Road."Is that Brickell Bay Dr and where exactly ? Hope you can help where would the stripped building and white condo be today ?:D

:D

I believe this is the building you are talking about:Eingefügtes BildThis building use to be on the NE corner of the intersection of Brickell Ave. and Brickle Bay Dr. opposite St Judes(across Brickell Bay Dr from St Judes), It has been gone for a while now but I remember it was interesting tracking it down originally.The other building we see that I think you refer to is:Eingefügtes BildThis is on the south side of Brickell Bay Dr all the way down to the water. Where the road turns north to follow the bay. This was Sally Field's condo in Absence of Malice. Let me know if this helps answer your question.

I believe this is the building you are talking about:'EingefügtesThis building use to be on the NE corner of the intersection of Brickell Ave. and Brickle Bay Dr. opposite St Judes(across Brickell Bay Dr from St Judes)" data-date=" It has been gone for a while now but I remember it was interesting tracking it down originally.The other building we see that I think you refer to is:[IMG">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpa1e2e0e5.pngThis is on the south side of Brickell Bay Dr all the way down to the water. Where the road turns north to follow the bay. This was Sally Field's condo in Absence of Malice. Let me know if this helps answer your question.

Thankyou so much its just that the ferrari zips up and down Brickell Bay Dr a lot during that montage and Brickell also :D So I get the horizontal building is gone and opposite the church seen earlier in that scene and the condo ( white ) is still there on the water at the end of Brickell Bay Dr .This is the condo ( seen ) - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Brickell+Avenue,+Miami,+FL,+United+States&hl=en&ll=25.757537,-80.191956&spn=0.030535,0.048752&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.260369,24.960938&oq=brickell+avenue,+miam&hq=Brickell+Avenue,&hnear=Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida,+United+States&t=m&fll=25.748647,-80.191784&fspn=0.030537,0.048752&z=14&layer=c&cbll=25.757461,-80.191868&panoid=lRmmgtJZ6rs6G3REZIBEoQ&cbp=12,175,,0,0Did they ever drive the other side of Brickell over the Se15th / Brickell junction over towards Sw15th / S Miami Avenue - I can never recall seeing the ferrari that side ?:D

Did they ever drive the other side of Brickell over the Se15th / Brickell junction over towards Sw15th / S Miami Avenue - I can never recall seeing the ferrari that side ?:D

Answering my own question but I can clearly see the white condo in the b/g of that scene is the condo at the end of Brickell Bay Dr - so they were driving towards Brickell here :D:D

End Ferrari scene again when I watched there was a couple of shots I couldnt identify one at 40:49 of a white low story building which looks more residential off Brickell now that could be the other side of the Brickell / Se15th intersection on Sw15th St ? Also I believe there are two shots on the Rickenbacker Cswy the first one has then coming down an angle in the road with skyscrapers in the background was that shot on the Rickenbacker looking towards Downtown across the bay ? I am just trying to capture these shots :D:D

End Ferrari scene again when I watched there was a couple of shots I couldnt identify one at 40:49 of a white low story building which looks more residential off Brickell now that could be the other side of the Brickell / Se15th intersection on Sw15th St ? Also I believe there are two shots on the Rickenbacker Cswy the first one has then coming down an angle in the road with skyscrapers in the background was that shot on the Rickenbacker looking towards Downtown across the bay ? I am just trying to capture these shots :D:D

Must be off Brickell unless just before the horizontal stripped building opp the white condo ? on Se15th :D

40:49 is not working for me becuse on my counter that puts us in the studio before the driving scene. However; to recreate the shots you will find the buildings on the southside of Brickell Bay Drive are still there but the ones on the north side are gone.Re: the Causeway shots' date=' I just posted the 1 picture on my site showing the eastbound travel but there was one cut of the Rickenbacker driving scene that was westbound and I believe that is the one you refer to. The camera follows the car as it travels on the old causeway and passes the ramp for the new bridge under construction.In the screen capture below I lightened the background to expose this so it was easier to see.[img']http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpd5c576bc.pngThe camera stays on them and we see the buildings along the Brickell area.Eingefügtes BildI believe that is the cut you are asking about.

In the screen capture above, the first pic in my last post, the Daytona is westbound but today that spot where the car is would be the exit ramp eastbound onto the u-turn under the new bridge we see used in later episodes.

In the screen capture above' date=' the first pic in my last post, the Daytona is westbound but today that spot where the car is would be the exit ramp eastbound onto the u-turn under the new bridge we see used in later episodes.[/color']

I will have a look in the meantime thankyou for your valued assistance - I just love that scene and I was just trying to find every building :D

This is the scene I mean at 1.18 in this video you see a building with IH? initials - this looks like St Judes in the far background - so here were they heading towards the Se15th / Brickell Intersection towards the water - this was shot on the other side of the intersection ?

This is the scene I mean at 1.18 in this video you see a building with IH? initials - this looks like St Judes in the far background - so here were they heading towards the Se15th / Brickell Intersection towards the water - this was shot on the other side of the intersection ?

Since the buildings are gone I can't confirm it but my best guess is west of Brickell on SE 15th Road headed west.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Watched the two- parter "Hit List " and "Calderone's Demise " - fantastic in "Hit List" some fantastic shots of Miami. When C&T are in the car when Trudy & Gina are tailing Linus they on NE9th / 10th and 1st Ave - at one stage I thought the background building was the bar from "Child's Play" where C&T enter but although in roughly the same area that is not the bar.:thumbsup::DThe bar from "Child's Play" was at 1050 North Miami Avenue - a few blocks away .

• 1 month later...
I believe this is the building you are talking about:Eingefügtes BildThis building use to be on the NE corner of the intersection of Brickell Ave. and Brickle Bay Dr. opposite St Judes(across Brickell Bay Dr from St Judes)' date=' It has been gone for a while now but I remember it was interesting tracking it down originally.
Great aerial view of the Horizontal Striped Building ( above which used to be on the intersection of Brickell / Se 15th Rd as the Daytona heads West in the end car scene) from " Rites of Passage " which was shot as an aerial from The Palace Condo on Brickell .:D:thumbsup::cool: