Episode 4 Hit List

C Glide

• 2 years later...
On 2/16/2012 at 3:20 PM, C Glide said:

After the teaser we see Crockett and Tubbs driving by the V.I.P. Restaurant (westbound) on NW 1st Street on the north side of the court house. They turn south onto NW 1 Ave, and then stop at W. Flagler St. on the SW corner of the court house.

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page17.html

This is not quite correct.  In the first cut (driving by the V.I.P. Restaurant), they are heading northbound on NW Miami Court on the east side of the courthouse.

Hit_List1.png

Hit_List2.png

I found this old advertisement:

VIP Restaurant Extends A Very Happy New Year To The Entire Jewish Community

21 N.W. Miami Court 373-2800

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00010090/02486

Then, in the second cut we see C&T going west on NW 1st St and turn south on NW 1st Ave.

Hit_List7.png

Edited by airtommy

I have located cuts 18 & 20 of the Linus Oliver chase.  C&T are heading northbound on NE 1st Avenue just north of NE 6th Street.

Two tall buildings that are about 5 blocks away can be identified:

Hit_List3.png  Hit_List4.png

The buildings nearby can also be matched up by their width and by the space apart from each other.  Notice the trees between the green and yellow buildings.  The blue arrow points to the College North Metromover Station at NE 5th St & NE 1st Ave.

Hit_List5.png

Hit_List6.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

On 2/20/2012 at 12:29 PM, Matt5 said:

End Ferrari scene again when I watched there was a couple of shots I couldnt identify one at 40:49 of a white low story building which looks more residential off Brickell now that could be the other side of the Brickell / Se15th intersection on Sw15th St ?

Not sure if you're still wondering about this 4 years later   :)  , but I think this is the clip you meant (42:49, not 40:49):

Hit_List8.png

Yes, you are right. This was the only part of this whole scene that was filmed west of Brickell on 15th Street. Both the low office building and the white residential-looking building with two white columns are gone.  They were on the north side of 15th Street.  Here are the same two buildings as seen in "Rites of Passage":

Rites1.png

Edited by airtommy

I believe this is the building you are talking about. This building used to be on the NE corner of the intersection of Brickell Ave. and Brickle Bay Dr. opposite St Judes(across Brickell Bay Dr from St Judes). It has been gone for a while now but I remember it was interesting tracking it down originally.

wp2a2b278e.png

Great aerial view of the Horizontal Striped Building ( above which used to be on the intersection of Brickell / Se 15th Rd as the Daytona heads West in the end car scene) from " Rites of Passage " which was shot as an aerial from The Palace Condo on Brickell.

This clip from "Rites of Passage" was a great find, Matt!

I just want to clarify something. The building pictured in this post was east of Brickell. It is not the building seen in my previous post, which we also see in Rites and was west of Brickell.

• Like 1

Airtommy, with your detailed research capabilities you would make a great brain surgeon!

Amazing! thanks!

Thanks!

There are still some unknown locations in this scene. In the Linus chase, nobody has found cuts 9, 11, & 13 (with Gina & Trudy) and cut 16 (with C&T - RR tracks, expressway in background)). I had written a note long ago that cut 16 might be NE 1 Ave north of 5th St, but it's hard to match it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 11:52 PM, airtommy said:

This is not quite correct.  In the first cut (driving by the V.I.P. Restaurant), they are heading northbound on NW Miami Court on the east side of the courthouse.

Hit_List1.png

Hit_List2.png

I found this old advertisement:

VIP Restaurant Extends A Very Happy New Year To The Entire Jewish Community

21 N.W. Miami Court 373-2800

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00010090/02486

Then, in the second cut we see C&T going west on NW 1st St and turn south on NW 1st Ave.

Hit_List7.png

I just updated this scene on my location site.

• Like 1

Last night I spent some time on this sequence as I am again now and was able to figure out the location of cut 16. North Miami Avenue with the camera zooming north from about 8th Street past the 395 overpass and the tracks that use to be in the 1000 blk of N Miami Ave. I will update my site today with the info.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, C Glide said:

Last night I spent some time on this sequence as I am again now and was able to figure out the location of cut 16. North Miami Avenue with the camera zooming north from about 8th Street past the 395 overpass and the tracks that use to be in the 1000 blk of N Miami Ave. I will update my site today with the info.

The white building in the background of cut 16 is a VERY VERY interesting find.  Here it is in Burn Notice's "Good Soldier":

BNSoldier1.png

I've been wondering about this clip forever.  I always thought the background building might be the hotel next to the James Knight Center because the windows look similar, but that location doesn't work for a lot of reasons.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, C Glide said:

Looking at historicaerials.com, I see a RR crossing in the 1000 block, but no RR sign.  Also, I don't see any trees on the left side of the road, neither in 1986 nor in 1980.  I do see a RR sign between 6th & 7th.  Conveniently, a block south of that there are a bunch of trees lining the left side of the street.  So, I think the camera was more like 400 block.

[edit]  I think I've found a match for the brown arcade covering the sidewalk:

Hit_List16.png

Hit_List17.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Apart from "Hit List" , "Trust Fund Pirates" ,Baby Blues" and "Viking Bikers from Hell" did the Atlantis condo appear in anymore episodes?:D

Edited by Matt5

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Apart from "Hit List" , "Trust Fund Pirates" ,Baby Blues" and "Viking Bikers from Hell" did the Atlantis condo appear in anymore episodes?:D

I searched CGlide's website for Atlantis and found only the episodes you listed.

• 2 months later...

From Facebook Today -  thought I would share this as it's a behind the scenes shot from "Hit List" from Season 1. 

This is W Flagler Street and NW 1st Avenue in Downtown Miami by the courthouse which is to the east of the camera!   

I had not seen this picture before - they are not on the corner here as we see in the episode but the small parking area right by it (as we see in "Contempt of Court" but that was slightly more north in the car park towards NW1st Street) :dance2:

IMG_3293.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2012 at 9:41 PM, C Glide said:

40:49 is not working for me becuse on my counter that puts us in the studio before the driving scene. However; to recreate the shots you will find the buildings on the southside of Brickell Bay Drive are still there but the ones on the north side are gone.Re: the Causeway shots' date=' I just posted the 1 picture on my site showing the eastbound travel but there was one cut of the Rickenbacker driving scene that was westbound and I believe that is the one you refer to. The camera follows the car as it travels on the old causeway and passes the ramp for the new bridge under construction.In the screen capture below I lightened the background to expose this so it was easier to see.[img']http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpd5c576bc.pngThe camera stays on them and we see the buildings along the Brickell area.Eingefügtes BildI believe that is the cut you are asking about.

Im just trying to make sense of this scene - so to achieve this shot in 1984 the Daytona was headed W towards the Miami mainland  past this ramp and this would be roughly the location Today ?!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7463964,-80.1918578,3a,75y,350.89h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQsKxc3cgzyDuglikD5TJ4Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 1