Another collaboration from Jan...

goozer

"Journey guitarist Neal Schon has teamed up with his band's original drummer, Steve Smith, to record a new solo album. The first single from the as-yet-untitled effort, "The Calling," is now available as a free download at the veteran rocker's official website, SchonMusic.com. No release date has been announced for the project, which also will feature a guest appearance by keyboardist Jan Hammer who has recorded several collaborative albums with Schon over the years." Too bad he's not the keyboardist for the whole album...goozer

"Journey guitarist Neal Schon has teamed up with his band's original drummer' date=' Steve Smith, to record a new solo album. The first single from the as-yet-untitled effort, "The Calling," is now available as a free download at the veteran rocker's official website, SchonMusic.com. No release date has been announced for the project, which also will feature a guest appearance by keyboardist Jan Hammer who has recorded several collaborative albums with Schon over the years." Too bad he's not the keyboardist for the whole album...goozer[/quote']I'm still scratching my head why JAN has been gone for so long. I mean, hasn't he spent a good amount of time with his family now? I'd just be thrilled with unreleased stuff coming out.C'mon Jan, I love your music. Give me something new to listen to.

He's certainly not getting any younger!

And, we didn't even get a Holiday email from him with a Christmas download or anything, which was a tradition according to Elliott Sears. :rolleyes::cry:

Has anyone tried to reach out to him in recent months? I joined his site some months ago but never received any communications.

He doesn't personally answer emails from fans. I talked to his agent on the phone a few years back, but his agent really doesn't seem to do a good job promoting him. I could do a hellava better job in re jump starting Jan's career again. I think his agent just goes thru the motions. Jan keeps him, because they are friends.-COOP