Episode 52: Better Living Through Chemistry

C Glide

I agree they shouldn't have dropped that flashback scene.  They could have trimmed some of the Izzy scenes to make room for it.

What is the "Cafe Cubano" scene filmed at Las Palmas Cafeteria in downtown Miami?  That must be the deleted flashback scene.  I bet they filmed it in the alley across the street, where the guy gets killed on the fire escape in the opening teaser of "Baseballs of Death".

From June 2019 - some recreations I took of the Tubbs meet with Clarence outside the Olympia Theatre in Downtown Miami at night.

1. 160 block of East Flagler St.

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

2) East Flagler looking to 1st Ave ( Centrust building - centre picture on the corner of 1st\E Flagler and this stretch )  featured in “Freefall”  also during the end “Bad Attitude” Ferrari montage). 

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_5600.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 6

Hope they save the Olympia Theatre.   It has been rescued a number of times in the past but don't know if they can these days.  Nobody goes downtown to that area anymore.  Hopefully someone will come up with a plan.  Its interior is amazing, been there.

Edited by miamijimf

20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Hope they save the Olympia Theatre.   It has been rescued a number of times in the past but don't know if they can these days.  Nobody goes downtown to that area anymore.  Hopefully someone will come up with a plan.  Its interior is amazing, been there.

I agree Jim - I hope they save it - they are trying hard knowing that the odds are stacking against them with the downtown area whereas it’s all Mary Brickell village now and Brickell. 
They may make it though , I was talking to someone this  year from the theatre - they are putting on free nights, more music productions and trying different things. It’s working modestly , it’s such a beautiful building as we see in “Freefall”. 

• Like 2