Bren ten for sale, one local other not.

jama555

Hi everyone: Found a Bren Ten for $2399.00 in FW, texas, around 30 miles from me. It is on gun broker.com http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275906772However, it is pretty scratched up, and not sure that I would pay that much for it.The other is on gunsamerica.com. It seems it is in better shape. http://www.gunsamerica.com/986237453/Guns/Pistols/1911-Pistol-Copies/BREN_TEN_Price_reduction.htmLet me know your thoughts. Take care. John

• Like 1

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275906772However, it is pretty scratched up, and not sure that I would pay that much for it.The other is on gunsamerica.com. It seems it is in better shape. http://www.gunsamerica.com/986237453/Guns/Pistols/1911-Pistol-Copies/BREN_TEN_Price_reduction.htmLet me know your thoughts. Take care. John

Very cool find, but I'm not willing to pay that much for that used gun.Nice find jama555. :thumbsup:

Could not agree more. It is rare to find them today, but that is way too much money, $2399.00 for a scratched up gun.I am emailing them now, seeing if they could drop the price a little. What would be a reasonable offer? Bren Tens are not my forte. Given that this gun is only 30 miles away, it would be crazy for me just to bypass consider buying it.Thanks. John

Could not agree more. It is rare to find them today' date=' but that is way too much money, $2399.00 for a scratched up gun.I am emailing them now, seeing if they could drop the price a little. What would be a reasonable offer? Bren Tens are not my forte. Given that this gun is only 30 miles away, it would be crazy for me just to bypass consider buying it.Thanks. John[/quote']I dunno. Kavinsky could most likely give a better guess on price.Considering it's conditon, and rarity...$1,999 ???

I would consider paying no more than $2000.00 and maybe have the gun refinished. Any thoughts? Thanks. John. Anyway, if anyone wants to bid on it or email them, go for it. It is just way too much money for its condition. Thanks again.

I would consider paying no more than $2000.00 and maybe have the gun refinished. Any thoughts? Thanks. John. Anyway' date=' if anyone wants to bid on it or email them, go for it. It is just way too much money for its condition. Thanks again.[/quote']Well, you know, someone may wish to fill an empty spot in their collection, and because it's rare, may be willing to buy it anyway.You never know....

Sounds true enough. Will keep everyone posted if I get a response from the seller of the gun. Thanks for the solid advice.

Sounds true enough. Will keep everyone posted if I get a response from the seller of the gun. Thanks for the solid advice.

There have been many things, non guns, that were really rare (some were MIAMI VICE items) that I wanted bad enough, I would have paid anything to get it, and paid A LOT to get it. Sometimes, if your a collector, you do what you have to do in order to get a rare item.I assume gun collectors are no different.

Nice Bren ten' date='but it being scratched up and that price.But some people might just pay that price for it.[/quote']I know. Cannot say that I would be one of those people. I have a Colt Python, stainless steel, 6 inch barrel. It has some minor scratches but nothing that would kill the value so much.Unless they drop the price, I will step aside and let someone else bid on it. It would definitely require some serious restoration, and who knows what that will cost.Let's see what the seller responds with.

I understand. I invite anyone here to contact the owner in FW for the cheaper Bren Ten and see if they will drop the price. I find the gun fascinating, but my only concern would be replacement parts. Would we be able to get them or not. I went though that problem with my chinese dragunov and KG-9, and my MAC 10. They were fun to shoot but parts were next to impossible to find, and if you did, the parts were very expensive.Also, could you find a gun smith who could actually work on the gun?

I understand. I invite anyone here to contact the owner in FW for the cheaper Bren Ten and see if they will drop the price. I find the gun fascinating' date=' but my only concern would be replacement parts. Would we be able to get them or not. I went though that problem with my chinese dragunov and KG-9, and my MAC 10. They were fun to shoot but parts were next to impossible to find, and if you did, the parts were very expensive.Also, could you find a gun smith who could actually work on the gun?[/quote']I wouldn't want to take the chance.Then again, a collector may just want it to fill a void in a gun collection, and not really want, or need to fire it.

I would consider paying no more than $2000.00 and maybe have the gun refinished. Any thoughts? Thanks. John. Anyway' date=' if anyone wants to bid on it or email them, go for it. It is just way too much money for its condition. Thanks again.[/quote']If the scratches aren't to deep you could try to find someone to polish them out and then get it "Viced" by having it hard chromed like Sonny"s Bren. Tripp use to do a great job, but he doesn't plate anymore. Not sure who to recommend now.

I know. Cannot say that I would be one of those people. I have a Colt Python' date=' stainless steel, 6 inch barrel. It has some minor scratches but nothing that would kill the value so much.Unless they drop the price, I will step aside and let someone else bid on it. It would definitely require some serious restoration, and who knows what that will cost.Let's see what the seller responds with.[/quote']I am probably not going to buy that Bren Ten after all. My collection is complete, where I wanted it. I really was in the market for a Colt Python, S&W 4506 and 1006, Saiga 12 gauge shotgun, and ultimately, a SKS that used AK magazines. Since that is already fulfilled, and the limited number of Bren Tens out there, I would rather have someone who truly wants a Bren Ten buy it, versus my buying one, and just letting it collect dust.If the seller does come back with an answer, I will definitely share the reply here. Best of luck on finding the Bren Ten for sale.

Man, I wish I could buy a gun here in Germany as you can do the States. Would love to have the Bren and maybe Nash's 1911, just to put it in my shelve. :)

Man' date=' I wish I could buy a gun here in Germany as you can do the States. Would love to have the Bren and maybe Nash's 1911, just to put it in my shelve. :)[/quote']You can't buy a gun in Germany?I seem to recall that those in England couldn't own a pistol (am I wrong?), but in Germany too? You can't own any firearms, or just pistols?

You can't buy a gun in Germany?I seem to recall that those in England couldn't own a pistol (am I wrong?)' date=' but in Germany too? You can't own any firearms, or just pistols?[/quote']Sorry about the late reply, its been a busy day doing cleaning work in my bedroomI think theres alot of red tape involved in germany and importation might be highly difficult if not impossibile. With england I know of one former england gunowner who moved his bren ten to switzerland to avoid letting the Nazi's destroy it or destroy it by deactivating the gun, either is unacceptabile and a horribile fate for any firearm that was in that country and a lot of great time pieces from WW2 have been ruined thanks to deactivatedfirearms.co.uk along with a 645fucking Nazi's, no other word for'emwith the bren ten replacement parts there is one guy I know of on the bren ten forums who has the contact info of a guy who picked up all of the spares after D and D bit the dust but his stock has been running low and with repairs I know of one guy who had one where the extractor broke and someone made him a new onebut for the most part you would be fully on your own and the gun would need to be non destructive magnafluxed and X rayed to be a certifiable shooter, if your willing to accept that and you get a good one like that NIB one in Rhode Island which looks to be in pretty solid shape and its a good one it would be a solid buybut I think you'd honestly have better luck going on the bren ten forums and asking if anyone has a certifed shooter for sale sorry if this comes abit too late Jama if that was you who put the bid down on the Rhode island one and you want to reconsider doing this but I was offline when this poped up.and I would stay clear of the hard chromed ones, some of the older ones if the hard chroming wasnt done correctly could have hydrogen Inbrittlement and with the 10mm version there I would stick to lesser loads like blaser 10mm just to be safe and lessen the wear on the gunhonestly if I go for one its going to be a .45 acp version, as theres much more ammo avalabile for it and its usually one standard load for all of the .45 acp's at 230 at 850 fps that wouldnt really beat up the gun to begin with and it might be a good idea to look into springs as well, see what the standard spring tension is for a .45 acp as sometimes even if the guns mint it needs a new stock spring like this 4505

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDJnWqLf4Os

its a big gamble if you get a good one, no doubt about it but if you do they usually last a very long time and could be worth all of the preliminary stuff, its just a pitty that its such a shot in the dark and the only hope to the contrary is in the hands of a bunch of cheats and liars right now.

Erm, hope you meant the Nazi's from WWII?! Because today it is the German gouvernment.Click: German Weapon ActYou can buy guns etc., but it is not that easy as in the States. I don't know if I could buy a Bren outside Germany for using it on shooting ranges. I think she get sealed before at the customs.I mean, isn't it funny that there is a shooting range and a pro shop at the Police Hall Of Fame?! Normally, here in Germany, if there were such a Hall Of Fame, I guess everywhere would be a sign with "Please don't use guns etc." or "Say NO for firearms...." etc..You know what I mean?! :)

German Weapon ActYou can buy guns etc., but it is not that easy as in the States. I don't know if I could buy a Bren outside Germany for using it on shooting ranges. I think she get sealed before at the customs.I mean, isn't it funny that there is a shooting range and a pro shop at the Police Hall Of Fame?! Normally, here in Germany, if there were such a Hall Of Fame, I guess everywhere would be a sign with "Please don't use guns etc." or "Say NO for firearms...." etc..You know what I mean?! :)

yeah I mean those kind of nazi's with the british goverment, I'm half german myself, born in america though and have lived all my life on this side of the pondit just aint right to deactivate and destroy such fine pieces of machinery in the UK and some of those guns if they had been left alone and just brought into the states would have fetched about anywhere from 1k to 5k based on there condition, there selection was practically mint and now there going for about maybe 200 - 500 bucks for a useless paperweight.it just a god damn shame to see mint condition early beautifully blued WW2 walther P38's, 1960's walther PPK's and the rest of those guns deactivated and ruined like that.I mean I'm sure the queen would feel the same way about that if they banned cars and deactivated her armored bentleys or that aston martin db6 convertibile that was lent out for the royal wedding or maybe deactivated a spitfire.

Oh okay, you meant the UK government. ;) UK and guns..... guess why the Bobbies have only truncheons. lol ;)Yeah it is a shame, that history is getting destroyed. It is like the F-14A Tomcat which is getting destroyed, because the Iran Air Force still have them in service. :(

I'm afraid I dont know too much about that bit but my father did work on a carrier that had those babies on it back in the 80's, he loved those things and that would figure they'd do that to those too as back when he was in the airforce in 51 for radar training they openly scrapped a whole fleet of perfectly good P51's that they were using for ground defense while the starfigher 104 that he worked on I think was being used for interceptionas he always said since then the goverment would screw up a steel ball, thats what happens when you have disconnected from reality idiots in charge, they destroy great things in the name of peace and prosperity when it would be in there best interest to keep them around and maybe make a good buck off of them in the case of the P51's there.

Thanks for the great follow ups here. I had lived in Spain from 83-89. Generally, only the police, military, jewelers, or bankers could own a handgun. You could own a shotgun or rifle but under very strict conditions. I just love that we can buy and sell or trade our handguns in, especially here in Texas.Back to buying the Bren Ten, I am abandoning the idea. There are too many people here who would appreciate it much more than I would. I would rather have someone else who understands and appreciate the gun better have it.I am seriously consider buying a Smith and Wesson Revolver Model 610, that shot 10mm and 40 caliber ammo. Unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2007 and almost as scare to find as the Bren Ten itself. But being it is a Smith and Wesson, you can still get parts easier.The bad side is that the S&W 610 is not cheap either. But the reviews on the gun is great. It would serve as a great backup for either the Glock 20 or S&W 1006.

Thanks for the great follow ups here. I had lived in Spain from 83-89. Generally' date=' only the police, military, jewelers, or bankers could own a handgun. You could own a shotgun or rifle but under very strict conditions. I just love that we can buy and sell or trade our handguns in, especially here in Texas.Back to buying the Bren Ten, I am abandoning the idea. There are too many people here who would appreciate it much more than I would. I would rather have someone else who understands and appreciate the gun better have it.I am seriously consider buying a Smith and Wesson Revolver Model 610, that shot 10mm and 40 caliber ammo. Unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2007 and almost as scare to find as the Bren Ten itself. But being it is a Smith and Wesson, you can still get parts easier.The bad side is that the S&W 610 is not cheap either. But the reviews on the gun is great. It would serve as a great backup for either the Glock 20 or S&W 1006.[/quote']I have to admit I thought of the 610 myself when considering the alternatives to the bren ten and the smith semi autos but I just dont like the look of the thing as it just to me look doesnt good and even when its cut to look like a proper vintage K or N frame it still looks wrongand given the fact that my dad had one of the first L frames back in 83 and it needed the M modfication, which was a headspacing issue with the clyinder gap where it was too tight around that area and thus it locked the gun up with the first savo of magnum ammoI plainly just dont trust the 686 or its L frame breatherin which includes the 610, but from what everyones said the L frame guns are pretty solid after that recall with the first ones back then, so its more a personal issue with me but I would avoid the key lock models as a revolver is not a car and thus it does not need a keylock on it.plus there have been reports of those locks breaking on misc smith and wessons with it and the less that can go wrong the better so I'd go for an earlier one.also that incident is what put my father off of smith and wesson period and he's never gone back, brand new gun and on the first range session it locks up, what a joke and I guess there was a good reason why I never liked the look of the thing to begin with when I found it was that one that failed him and not the model 66 K frame that came out at about the same time.