Jan's Best Ep Score

Dadrian

Which of these episodes did Jan do the best score for? Try to think of every Jan Hammer cue from the ep before voting.Please accept my apologies if your fave did not get nominated. Don't be afraid to give it an honarable mention below.

evan is a great ep indeed, probably the deepest. i think this is one of jan's strongest scores, but the ep is better than the score still. i voted for prodigal son because jan actually outshines the ep itself in that one, imo. all great eps in this poll, go figure ;)

I went with The Prodigal Son - this was Hammer at his finest. Although, I'm a little miffed that Hit List isn't one of the options. Boooo......

Please accept my apologies if your fave did not get nominated. Don't be afraid to give it an honarable mention below.
Although' date=' I'm a little miffed that Hit List isn't one of the options. Boooo......[/quote']i considered this one. i know it would have gotten a lot of votes, but there are only 10 slots available. i needed about 15 for this poll.i'll take this as an official honorable mention ;)

Milk RunOne of my Jan Hammer pieces, Rain, was in "Milk Run". The scene where Sonny and Rico are looking out a the rain while that music is playing is one of my favorite scenes, ever. Very haunting. But overall, I guess "Evan" was the best. MJ

My favorite episode is EVAN PRODIGAL SON BROTHER'S KEEPER (part 1 and 2) CALDERONE'S RETURN /HIT LIST FLORENCE ITALY BOUGHT AND PAID FORI like the integrality of his ep score.I like the yamaha dx7, the roland jupiter 8, the fairlight cmi, the roland juno 60,the moog minimoog.jan hammer is one of the best electronic composer.BUT FOR ME the best electronic composer is GIORGIO MORODER

Hey mjcmmv that scene in Milk Run is wonderful!I voted for Evan, I simply love that ep. My special mention goes to "The Talk" that adds so much power to the scene at the gas station, when Sonny explains everything to Rico.

One of my Jan Hammer pieces' date=' Rain, was in "Milk Run". The scene where Sonny and Rico are looking out a the rain while that music is playing is one of my favorite scenes, ever. Very haunting. But overall, I guess "Evan" was the best. MJ[/quote']Hey mjcmmv that scene in Milk Run is wonderful!I voted for Evan, I simply love that ep. My special mention goes to "The Talk" that adds so much power to the scene at the gas station, when Sonny explains everything to Rico.

"the talk" was one of those perfect cues where the dialogue almost seemed to be the lyrics of the song. another moment like that is the last scene of "home invaders". although "night talk" was orignally in "made for each other", the scene in "home invaders" couldn't have had a better song playing through that dialogue. listen how the music flows while castillo is speaking, and then resolves as crockett agrees. brilliant!

Guest The Talk
I voted for Evan' date=' I simply love that ep. My special mention goes to "The Talk" that adds so much power to the scene at the gas station, when Sonny explains everything to Rico.[/quote']I agree completely with you - as you can see I was inspired by this episode when choosing my avatar and signature.I voted for Evan because of the cue "The Talk". The cue "Evan" I do not like that much.It was a hard decision because I also like "The Last Flight" very much.

I agree completely with you - as you can see I was inspired by this episode when choosing my avatar and signature.I voted for Evan because of the cue "The Talk". The cue "Evan" I do not like that much.It was a hard decision because I also like "The Last Flight" very much.

Only now I've noticed your name!Well then, another special mention to you! :clap:I too like The Talk more than "Evan". Another I like is the one at the beginning of Back in the World. Incoming? Not sure about the title.

Guest The Talk
Only now I've noticed your name!Well then' date=' another special mention to you! :clap:[/quote']Thanks! You shouldn't have. I didn't do anything for. Jan Hammer ist the one to be mentioned.
I too like The Talk more than "Evan". Another I like is the one at the beginning of Back in the World. Incoming? Not sure about the title.
If you mean the one when the airplaine comes in it's "Stone's war" - yep, this is another good one. :thumbsup:

If you mean the one when the airplaine comes in it's "Stone's war" - yep' date=' this is another good one. :thumbsup:[/quote']one of my favorite vice moments ever!!!

If you mean the one when the airplaine comes in it's "Stone's war" - yep' date=' this is another good one. :thumbsup:[/quote']I don't remember the opening of Stone's war but in Back in the world there is an airplane coming!Ok, now I've mixed up the two eps... :confused:

I don't remember the opening of Stone's war but in Back in the world there is an airplane coming!Ok' date=' now I've mixed up the two eps... :confused:[/quote']both eps indeed have a plane landing in the beginning. "nice to know there's still a little poetry left in the world." (that's from definitely miami, not to further confuse ;))the "back in the world" plane landing is in the teaser, and the set was at the Amelia Earhart Airport (looks like it's out in the woods somewhere). see if this pic helps:Eingefügtes Bildthe plane landing in "stone's war" is at Miami International Airport (not in the woods :)) and those scenes have images like these:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildboth great eps with great scores!hope this helps

Guest The Talk

I suppose it was a mix up between name of the episode and name of the cue.Jan Hammer composed a cue named "Stone's war". This one is played in both episodes.In the episode "Back of the world" when the smugglers' plane comes in the cue "Stone's War" is played.In the episode "Stone's War" the cue "Stone's War" is also played when Ira Stone arrives at the airport (see nofretz's pictures).

"incoming" song by JH is in "back in the world" when the mortar shells are landing next to the Scarab (boat) while crockett and stone are reminiscing about the war. it also starts playing right before stone "steals" the daytona at maynard's house.the title of the song playing during the opening credits of "back in the world" is "stone's war", i believe. how confusing is that? :)

Guest The Talk

Yes! The ep is Back in the world and is in the teaser. Are you by chance sure that the title is "Incoming"? :confused:

See my post before.Incoming is played in the following scenes:Ira leaves Maynard's party; Sonny applies pressure to Dakotah; Maynard shoots Ira