Nash Bridges 1911.

Gary1911A1

For anyone interested here's a link to the 1911 DJ used on Nash Bridges. Notice you designed it? I do remember it was referred to as being a 38Super in the series and not a .45 as reported in the link. Maybe .45 Blanks are easier to come by?:confused:

For anyone interested here's a link to the 1911 DJ used on Nash Bridges. Notice you designed it? I do remember it was referred to as being a 38Super in the series and not a .45 as reported in the link. Maybe .45 Blanks are easier to come by?:confused:

I guess it would help if I posted the link. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Nash_Bridges

designed by Mr. Quick Draw, Jim Zubina

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFM8SeW51E

who according to what I've read if I remember it correctly is more into cowboy action shooting with SAA's nowadays, partly because of a Bad Knee of some sort.and I get the feeling it was somewhat based on Jeff Coopers Personal 1911 here

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKgAkwB8WRo

with its hard chrome frame and most of those features on Nash's gun there save for the cuts compensatior which would make carrying the thing abit of a pain as I would imagine it would have a tendancy to catch on a holster with that thing sticking out on the front.although that might explain the custom angled front sight on it that looks like its rigged up so it wont drag or get caught on a holsterEingefügtes Bildalong with the radiusing around the front endas to why its .38 super. .38 super was designed for LEO's for piercing car bodies back in the 1920's or 1930's as 9mm even to this day will not penetrate car bodywork despite all the hollywood hupla about it leaving a torpedo hole in a car's bodyworkwhen in reality all it leaves is abit of a dent in it and normal .38 special will bounce off of stuff like vintage old glass coke bottles, something my father told me he's actually done back in 60's with one. along with the reports of it bouncing off of car windows as Dirty Harry said in the Enforcer back in 75 or 77 although I dont think that would happen nowadays with modern safety glass.problem with it is that it despite the higher than normal velocity it was noted for not having alot of stopping power compaired to its heavier breatherin as its basically just a normal 110 grain slug hopped up for higher speeds, not unlike a 9mm nato round or the .357 magnum round in velocitybut for true stopping power you need either the .40 SW or the .45 acp as its a heavier and wider bullet that does the job, not a light small bullet moving at high velocity like the .38 super there.147 grains or higher is what does the job as the FBI found out the hardway, preferabily though I'm starting think for true stopping power you need no less than a 170 and no less than .40 call and anything lower really needs hollopoints to try and match the size of the bigger cartridges when it hits.although I still do like the .35 caliber cartridges like the .38 and the 9mm but the more I think about it the more I think those cartridges are really not ment for serious work, although I would mark off the .38 super as being towards the higher ends of the .35 family and thus it probably could do the job for the most part like the normal .38 if it had a 140 grain slug in it and you did your part. its just that I have alot more faith in the .40 than the 9mm regardless of its loading because of the bigger and heavier bullet as well you can see that while the bullet weight will be what it says it is the velocity can sometimes be a touch off of what they say it is:
and that's double tap too, could be that his chronograph is missconfigured but I doubt it.with the .45 blank thing I believe that was only with the bren ten as there had never been any rimless .40 semi auto cartridges made at that point in 84', only revolver cartridges like the .38 - 40 and the .44 - 40 that are both of .40 in diameter (the .38 and .44 are how much black powder it has behind the bullet in grains) if I remember correctly and the .38 super has been around since the 1920's