Rare Jan Hammer scores

trumanfan

Up through the years I have seen quite a few films only to hear Jan Hammer's music. Here are most of them:Red Cap (one episode)Beastmaster: The Eye Of BraxusThe Babysitter's SeductionIn The Kingdom Of The BlindBeyond The Mind's EyeK-9000The Taking Of Beverly HillsTales From The Crypt (two episodes)Dark AngelMiami Vice (duh...)Some really great music in many of them.Did any of you guys see all of these?Any other films you saw with a Hammer score?

Up through the years I have seen quite a few films only to hear Jan Hammer's music. Here are most of them:Red Cap (one episode)Beastmaster: The Eye Of BraxusThe Babysitter's SeductionIn The Kingdom Of The BlindBeyond The Mind's EyeK-9000The Taking Of Beverly HillsTales From The Crypt (two episodes)Dark AngelMiami Vice (duh...)Some really great music in many of them.Did any of you guys see all of these?Any other films you saw with a Hammer score?

Yes, I've seen k-9000 (wrote about it too!).http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1789-UNHEARD-JAN-HAMMER-SCORE&highlight=unheard+hammerI have also seen A NIGHT IN HEAVEN, and SECRET ADMIRER. Also saw a Tales from the Crypt episode.

Yes, I read parts of your K-9000 post yesterday...I remember seeing parts of Secret Admirer (including the great Finale with Hammer's music), but I didn't get to see all of it.I haven't seen A Night In Heaven, but I have the 2 Jan Hammer-tracks from the soundtrack (Reaction Time and Like What You See) on a CDR...

I remember seeing parts of Secret Admirer (including the great Finale with Hammer's music)' date=' but I didn't get to see all of it.I haven't seen A Night In Heaven, but I have the 2 Jan Hammer-tracks from the soundtrack (Reaction Time and Like What You See) on a CDR...[/quote']Secret Admirer is a funny teen comedy. The score sounds VERY Miami Vice-like. Wish the full score would be released.

Yes' date=' I listed that one. There are some nice versions of the score by Soleilfreak on youtibe, like the opening theme here:[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0_hwWbc2CcI remember searching high and low for a soundtrack album after I had seen the film in 1990, but I never found it...

• Administrators

Yes I missed it on your list because I know the movie as "I Come In Peace" Never knew it went by the name "Dark Angel" 'til recently. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

stone: I guess the film wasn't big enough. I mean, a Dolph Lundgren movie doesn't automatically get a soundtrack release.

• 5 months later...

Jan did the theme tune to a show called 'The Tube', was on in the 80's over here in the UK, was a music entertainment show where all the popular bands would play Live ;)I do have a copy of it, although I cant find an example on Youtube unfortunately

ah thats what it is' date=' I was like what? you mean that sci fi show from about 12 years ago with Jessica Alba and the insufferabile Tony Dinoso from NCIS as one of the leads.that dark angel?! although I do believe Jan Hammer did do the theme for some Knight Rider 3000 tv movie/pilot back in the 1990's so my thought isnt that far fetched. also I did find the finale thing from Secret Admirer but the funny thing is I found it synced to some news footage of a Miami Car chase from a few years ago with a CTS caddie, not from the original film, unlike this one:[url']
I looked it up after the account with that video was closed and luckily found that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Come in PeaceHi all,I've tried very hard to find the music to "I Come In Peace". There seems to be nothing out there. Which I find hard to believe. I wish they did release the score.Also, is Jan suppose to be releasing a CD (CD's) with a lot of songs on Miami Vice that never got released from his "Complete Collection"? I thought I did see that somewhere a few month's back.

Hi all' date='I've tried very hard to find the music to "I Come In Peace". There seems to be nothing out there. Which I find hard to believe. I wish they did release the score.Also, is Jan suppose to be releasing a CD (CD's) with a lot of songs on Miami Vice that never got released from his "Complete Collection"? I thought I did see that somewhere a few month's back.[/quote']No, and No. :cry:

I recently saw part of "A Night In Heaven" and didn't know Jan did any of the music. I instantly recognized his track when it came on. This movie came out in 1983, so the sound was very close to the first two seasons of Vice.It was cool.

I recently saw part of "A Night In Heaven" and didn't know Jan did any of the music. I instantly recognized his track when it came on. This movie came out in 1983' date=' so the sound was very close to the first two seasons of Vice.It was cool.[/quote']Yeah, I have the LP. It's got the modern Miami Vice "JAN HAMMER" sound. I just wish the HAMMER tracks didn't have singing over them.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah' date=' I have the LP. It's got the modern Miami Vice "JAN HAMMER" sound. I just wish the HAMMER tracks didn't have singing over them.[/quote']I agree Hammer and singing over them does not work :D

• Administrators
Hi all' date='I've tried very hard to find the music to "I Come In Peace". There seems to be nothing out there. Which I find hard to believe. I wish they did release the score.[/quote']Those fans who have seen the Vice episodes countless times and know every bit of Jan's music by heart will instantly recognize a lot of the music from "I Come In Peace" ("Dark Angel") A LOT of the cues are right out of MV but played in either a different key or faster than the original.In other words...he cheated! ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's a score Jan did in 1968 for a Czech film called Å Ã­lenÄ› Smutná Princezna. I think it bares some resemblance to his work in the Jan Hammer Group.

As a bonus, here's a piece which features Jan Hammer's father (Jan senior) on the vibraphone (and perhaps bass). I'm not sure if it's too off-topic, so I'll just put it in a spoiler!

Edited by Touch of Class
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...