The Complete Collection

Barrel69

I've finally got one ................ and that for only € 7,- !!! which is around 9,15 dollar.....Yesterday one was sold for 83 dollar on Ebay.I'm a happy man !

• Administrators

Congrats! Did you know you can download the Complete Collection on Jan's website for $19.99?

Congrats! Did you know you can download the Complete Collection on Jan's website for $19.99?

That's why people are selling them now.Glad you got a copy!

It's one of the best things I did in 2011 - downloaded the epic Complete Collection!!!Brings Miami Vice to your homes in seconds!:thumbsup:

I did know that, and it's a good thing that it's available for a decent price for anyone ....I'll hope that Jan will bring out more like this way !

• 6 years later...

Jan Hammer’s “Runaround” which was featured in the fall 1984 episode from Season 1, Little Prince,  -  I can’t recall it being used again in the series at all?!

”Runaround” also featured in the 2002 Complete Collection. 

@Dadrian

Edited by Matt5

4 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Jan Hammer’s “Runaround” which was featured in the fall 1984 episode from Season 1, Little Prince,  -  I can’t recall it being used again in the series at all?!

”Runaround” also featured in the 2002 Complete Collection. 

@Dadrian

Right, it was only used in that episode.

I’m not sure why, but it’s a key higher in pitch and a little faster in tempo on the episode than on the CC release. I personally like the way the former sounded better, so I modified my personal MP3 to sound just the episode version. :radio:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Right, it was only used in that episode.

I’m not sure why, but it’s a key higher in pitch and a little faster in tempo on the episode than on the CC release. I personally like the way the former sounded better, so I modified my personal MP3 to sound just the episode version. :radio:

Thankyou I listened to it a little recently and is quite different to other JH tunes - it fitted the polo scene well. 

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Thankyou I listened to it a little recently and is quite different to other JH tunes - it fitted the polo scene well. 

Except for one other instance, the main deviation from all cues by Jan Hammer is that, rather than using sampled or synthesized drums, he is playing an actual drum set on this one—the other being “Before the Storm” from “Escape from Television”, which is heard at the end of “Love at First Sight”. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Except for one other instance, the main deviation from all cues by Jan Hammer is that, rather than using sampled or synthesized drums, he is playing an actual drum set on this one—the other being “Before the Storm” from “Escape from Television”, which is heard at the end of “Love at First Sight”. 

Interesting fact thankyou 

I love “Before the Storm” written for his fall 1987 album release Escape to Television but featured on the radio briefly at the end of “Love at First Sight”:radio:

Edited by Matt5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just discovered CD Baby has something called - Miami Vice Special Edition (digital only) - which features all the tracks from Jan Hammer's - The Complete Collection, plus 2 extra tracks (Little Havana and The Kick). I guess being a new member this is probably old news to every one on here? 

But just in case....

Here's a link - https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/janhammer11