Picked up a Colt Double Eagle, 10mm, Mark II today, in Dallas, TX, Gun Show.

jama555

Just wanted to share that the S&W 1006 has a new brother today. I went to the Mesquite Rodeo Gun show today and picked up a Colt Double Eagle, Mark II, Series 90, 10 mm semi auto pistol. Even has adjustable sights. First time I had ever seen a 1911, in SA/DA. Really no scratches to see. Easy to say it is in Excellent to almost NIB, except for a minor nick in one of the pistol grips. The decocker mechanism is just an awesome feature. I had to go to Youtube to figure out assembly and disassembly. This is the first 1911 type gun I have ever owned.Anyway, here are the pictures.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

your first 1911? really? you know remington is making them now and there going for about 500 bucks and ditto with ruger if I remember correctly if you want to go the purest route sometime down the line.and it is a nice gun but I've never really had a vested interest in the double eagle so I really dont know that much about them, didnt know they even made them in 10mm to be honest.

Thanks. The Colt Double Eagle is a hybrid between the 1911, but DA like a standard semi auto. I don't that much about either about it but it is a nice piece of hardware. It has a decocker, that, once depressed, put it in half cocked mode. It does not have an external safety either, nor the safety on frame like the traditional 1911.Apparently, it was not a true success in the popularity department, but I find the gun just fascinating.Thanks. John