Miami Vice in HD

BATMAN

• Administrators

Friends was released in HD - MV hopefully next year .:D:thumbsup:

I can understand shows that have a lot of special effects or colors like Vice to be upgraded to HD but why would anyone need to see "Friends" in HD? Seriously?

Vice gotta be full seasons in HD.. Especially these days ''tv run competetion''All programs and tv series,films in HD Vice too must be in HD and I say ''Why not ?''I too like 2006 re-broadcast pilot in HD.. Beautiful colors,beautiful screen,beautiful scenes and beautiful intro.. don't need more of that.. We waiting for season 1-5 in HD

I don't know, i think we got more chance of michael mann remastering his 2 seasons on Vice, than all 5.. the cost of doing that must be real expensive & all the issues with licensing the songs. (Vice city was re-released on Playstation 3 recently and they took out the michael jackson songs:cry:)I got no interest in seeing miracle man or missing hours in HD anyway, You can't polish a turd :Dand it would be nice to see MV in its original colours and not the vinegar tint it has on some of the dvds..OH & because they'll have to change the aspect ratio there will be some cropping of the image so they really need michael mann to supervise it and make sure it looks good.

• Administrators

I honestly don't think Michael Mann has any interest in such a project. Just my opinion.

Since I've only paid slight attention to the world of Blu Rays, I don't know if this sort of thing is done regularly or would be considered a huge waste of time/disc space, but is a standalone release of the pilot on Blu Ray out of the question? I mean, it's already "done", and it's movie-length. Clear the music and maybe add a few extras, might be a good way to test the waters.Of course, I'd want the whole series in HD, but that may be a way to prove to the powers-that-be that MV on Blu can look substantially better than the DVDs and, more importantly to them, there's a market for it.

• Administrators

I honestly don't think Michael Mann has any interest in such a project. Just my opinion.

Hm... don't know if it depends on MM's interests. As far as I know from other projects, transferring movies from DVD to BluRay, it is done on behalf of the copyright or licence owner.For example the James Bond BluRay collection was done on behalf of MGM Studios/Sony and released on BluRay December last year.I guess it's a marketing question if it is worth the efford or not and it's not the decision of the (executive) producer. So let's hope we can see Vice in HD some day.

As above, I don't think Michael Mann personally has anything to do with the show getting a Blu-ray treatment, it's the studio's decision.As Miami Vice is regarded one of those all-time classic shows I'm sure we'll see it on high-def eventually - the pilot's already been HD'ed after all. It just might take a while for them to get around to these older series. At the end of the day it's a cost thing, but the DVDs sold pretty well, didn't they? So there's demand. And as I said, the fact they remastered the pilot seems like a good indicator they're willing to do it.I can't think the music rights will hold a Blu-ray release back, as I've heard suggested - while there's a big difference between broadcast rights and home video rights, the show's already been cleared on DVD once so there shouldn't be any trouble getting it onto Blu-ray. Unless there's some mystical deleted scene with uncleared music in it.

I got no interest in seeing miracle man or missing hours in HD anyway' date=' You can't polish a turd :D[/quote']Always kind of annoys me when people slate the later seasons just because they had a couple of stinkers in them. As if none of the earlier series had terrible episodes. Hell, even Season 1 had Made for Each Other, which for the most part is just painfully unfunny to watch. I can't think of any shows that never made a dud episode. Although I'll grant you, Missing Hours is just the worst kind of insult to the series.

• Administrators

So then I guess there is hope. I guess the main concern, once again, will be music and if they intend to change the music then I don't care how good it looks, I won't be buying it.

As I said, the fact it's been on DVD once with all the correct music means it shouldn't be a problem. It's going from television broadcast to home media where the rights become an issue, but as it's already been on home media Universal should be able to reproduce it on Blu-ray without any additional issues.

• 2 weeks later...

one year after still no infos about this .? i think on a financial point of view it would be far from a stupid idea . cause i never saw the MV fame as big as it is today . even young people born in the 90s or even later are interested in the series

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if you can watch/download the pilot episode in HD that NBC aired? Someone must have it recorded since its the only Vice episode thats been made to HD.

• 5 months later...

Still no news on Miami Vice Blu rays? :cry:BTW, i guess i found a screenshot comparison between the dvd and the HD version of the pilot which was aired back in 2006.http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/8780/picture:0 (move your mouse over the picture and away to see the difference!)If the screenshots are really from the HD airing then its quite impressive, because the picture is great. :clap:

Universal hasn't really jumped on the upgrading wagon like Warner Bros. has sadly, heck it took them over six years from the format's launch to release Scarface on Blu-ray even though at the time it was launched they had re-released the film with a new transfer. Hopefully with CBS taking a huge leap forward with Star Trek and The Honeymooners Blu-ray releases and Twin Peaks in the pipeline, Universal will take notice or just let someone like Shout Factory put out a Blu-ray set of the show.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/8780/picture:0 (move your mouse over the picture and away to see the difference!)If the screenshots are really from the HD airing then its quite impressive, because the picture is great. :clap:

Holy smokes..that looks incredible..They even digitally removed some of the sweat off PMT's face..even crockett asks at one point if he got a hormone problem or something? :p

Holy smokes..that looks incredible..They even digitally removed some of the sweat off PMT's face..even crockett asks at one point if he got a hormone problem or something? :p

I agree looks amazing :thumbsup::done::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Universal hasn't really jumped on the upgrading wagon like Warner Bros. has sadly' date=' heck it took them over six years from the format's launch to release Scarface on Blu-ray even though at the time it was launched they had re-released the film with a new transfer. Hopefully with CBS taking a huge leap forward with Star Trek and The Honeymooners Blu-ray releases and Twin Peaks in the pipeline, Universal will take notice or just let someone like Shout Factory put out a Blu-ray set of the show.[/quote']I Know that's right.

• 2 years later...