Miami Vice in HD

BATMAN

I think it's very possible for Universal to release MV in Blu-ray some day. With all the post production tools available today, I speculate it doesn't cost a fortune to convert existing film into HD content. And without a scheduled release date, Universal doesn't have to put alot of resources on such a project.

• Administrators

Master copies of TV and films are safe. :thumbsup:

You should know, the're probably at your house! ;):)

i would love for that to happen I can't wait. In other VICE media news, if you have a Netflix account with the instant queue all 5 seasons of VICE are back up!!!!!!:D

Hi again!Thanks for the welcome. I wouldn't joke around with this. I'm a huge Miami Vice fan.I don't work at USHE (Universal Studios Home Entertainment). I work in their Post Productiondivision. We do work on all things Universal. I can't tell at what resolution they scanned the original negatives....yet. 4k perhaps? But they do look GREAT! The negatives look to be in very good shape. No scratches or excessive dirt. This is NOT an up-rez of the masters they used for the dvd box set. Universal is beginning to go back and do this to a lot of NBC's shows. So I'm sure much more is on the way. And I'm pretty sure a blu ray release is somewhere in the not too distant future!As well as on-demand type platforms.I will definately try and get some more info to you all. Best Wishes' date='BATMAN[/quote']Hi Batman,I'm surprised that Universal is going to the expense of putting these out in HD. Do you know if the audio will be released in 5.1? The reason I ask that is then it would be possible to have isolated scores on the background tracks. I think most people (who are die-hard Vice fans) would buy this version for that reason alone, nonetheless the better video quality.

• Administrators

BATMANFirst let me begin by welcoming you to the site. As you've probably noticed, many of us are more than a bit skeptical about your claims of an HD release of "Miami Vice". This I can attribute to numerous scams we've been subject to over the years. Dare I say we've almost become accustomed to them. We've had members claim they owned the original Daytona Spyder, we've had members claim they have Crockett's Scarab used on the show. We've even had someone, claiming to be a Universal Executive, threaten to shut down our site if we even mentioned a (at the time unreleased) DVD release of "Miami Vice" For sure an HD release would truly be a great thing for Vice fans. If I'm wrong please accept my apology in advance but I guess what I want to ask you is do you have any way of verifying your claims, including being employed by Universal?

BATMANFirst let me begin by welcoming you to the site. As you've probably noticed' date=' many of us are more than a bit skeptical about your claims of an HD release of "Miami Vice". This I can attribute to numerous scams we've been subject to over the years. Dare I say we've almost become accustomed to them. We've had members claim they owned the original Daytona Spyder, we've had members claim they have Crockett's Scarab used on the show. We've even had someone, claiming to be a Universal Executive, threaten to shut down our site if we even mentioned a (at the time unreleased) DVD release of "Miami Vice" For sure an HD release would truly be a great thing for Vice fans. If I'm wrong please accept my apology in advance but I guess what I want to ask you is do you have any way of verifying your claims, including being employed by Universal?[/quote']well said Ferrariman - who could forget the Universal Exec threatening our site before any dvd releases :D

Hopefully this is legit' date=' and not someone else claiming something that isn't true. I'd love for this to be true. Can't blame us for being skeptical, but people come here claiming things before.BATMAN, I welcome you to this site! What more can you tell us about yourself, and MIAMI VICE in HD?[/quote']
BATMANFirst let me begin by welcoming you to the site. As you've probably noticed' date=' many of us are more than a bit skeptical about your claims of an HD release of "Miami Vice". This I can attribute to numerous scams we've been subject to over the years. Dare I say we've almost become accustomed to them. We've had members claim they owned the original Daytona Spyder, we've had members claim they have Crockett's Scarab used on the show. We've even had someone, claiming to be a Universal Executive, threaten to shut down our site if we even mentioned a (at the time unreleased) DVD release of "Miami Vice" For sure an HD release would truly be a great thing for Vice fans. If I'm wrong please accept my apology in advance but I guess what I want to ask you is do you have any way of verifying your claims, including being employed by Universal?[/quote']I'd like verification as well. Should be quite simple to do.

Hey Guys. Just wanted to pass on a little info. I work at Universal and have recently seen the High Definition masters of Miami Vice the tv series.And they look Terrific! Colors' date=' black levels, all look great. They have very obviously gone back to the original camera negatives for this. Full 1080p. And all full frame 4X3. Just as it was shot. No cropping. Also, I've seen episodes from all 5 seasons. I don't think they are being done in any discernable order. Here comes Vice in HD! Will post more info when I get it. Best Regards,BATMAN[/quote']Full HD is in 16:9 format, so how could a 4:3 (or 12:9) suddenly fit in without image loss or black bars?

"Here comes Vice in HD! Will post more info when I get in without image loss or black bars?"Hi again all. Don't know who edited my first post but I didn't put in "without image loss or black bars" Check my first post.Anyway, of course, they are side matted black. They retain their complete 4X3 aspect ratio.I do understand some here being skeptical. It's very understandable. I'm a bit of a cynic myself. I'll try and get something to one of the mods here. Anyone recommend a trust worthy one? hehehe. I have to do this very discreetly. Like BATMAN! I don't want anyone, including me, getting in trouble. A little misdirection on my part to maintain my secret identity!I don't actually work at Universal. I work for a company that does post production work for them. :evil: Like I mentioned before, they are being done in no particular order. The Pilot, Freefall, Miracle Man, Season 4 ep. where Crockett is dreaming of killing Tubbs (everyone on the beach in black) I've seen the transfers on all these. And they are dynamite. You are all in for a treat. And yes, Miami Vice wasn't destroyed in the fire at Universal. With the question regarding the audio- I don't know...yet. how involved they will get. All the HD masters only had 4 channels of audio. Two Stereo channels and two M&E channels. But if I were to guess, with the time and effort they are putting into the negatives, I would be surprised, expremely surprised, if they didn't do a 5.1 mix. But that is only if they have theoriginal master tapes to remix from. And since we are talking 100+ episodes, it could take some time. And I agree with those here...I'd love an isolated music track. :-)And just a little fyi, I'm approaching an age number that will soon begin with 5!!!!!! I can remember Friday nights at 10pm while still in college and Vice was on. One of my favorites! So I know how important this is to you guys and I wouldn't just come in hereand get all your hopes up and lie to you. BATMAN is just somewhat mysterious. But trust me when I say, Miami Vice in HD is on the way. Thanks again for the continued welcome. BATMAN out.....for now..

• Administrators

You can send any discrete information you wish to share my way. Rest assured i'm not on the take! ;)

• Administrators

You can send any discrete information you wish to share my way. Rest assured i'm not on the take! ;)

I'll second this. Ferrariman is the guy to send it to. I've been known to take a payoff or two.

I With the question regarding the audio- I don't know...yet. how involved they will get. All the HD masters only had 4 channels of audio. Two Stereo channels and two M&E channels. But if I were to guess' date=' with the time and effort they are putting into the negatives, I would be surprised, expremely surprised, if they didn't do a 5.1 mix. But that is only if they have theoriginal master tapes to remix from. And since we are talking 100+ episodes, it could take some time. And I agree with those here...I'd love an isolated music track. :-)[/quote']I would think if they're going to take the time to do this right, they would've used original source material for this version. But if the HD Masters have already been struck from the previous SD masters, then it will be highly unlikely that there will be any difference in audio other than the music & effects (M&E) tracks being re-layed in 5.1 instead of stereo, but I could be wrong...

• Administrators

With the question regarding the audio- I don't know...yet.

The original DVD releases are all in 5.1 surround sound. so please tell me why they would go through all the trouble of an HD release with inferior sound?

The original DVD releases are all in 5.1 surround sound. so please tell me why they would go through all the trouble of an HD release with inferior sound?

Sounds suspicious Lou ?:D

This kind of makes sense actually, this year is Universal's 100th Anniversary and to celebrate they have released and have been releasing what they consider their top movies on DVD and Blu-ray throughout the year, earlier on in the year their 2012 schedule was leaked and so far it has been 100% correct but it seemed odd that none of their TV Shows were on that list when they have so many major programs in their catalog so I'm wondering if they are planning a similar treatment for them. It seems like they may end up extending their celebration into next year because a few titles that people know have been remastered for HD and are due in this anniversary celebration aren't on the schedule for this year so maybe we will see some TV Shows such as Miami Vice get Blu-ray releases next year unless they want to throw in some surprises later in the year for the Holiday season.As for the audio, I seriously doubt it won't be anything less than a 5.1 DTS lossless audio mix, Warner Bros. is the only company I know to spring lossy audio mixes on the public and they have gotten tons of flack for it.

I'll try and get something to one of the mods here. Anyone recommend a trust worthy one? hehehe.
BATMAN' date=' What do you mean by the above statement? Do you believe our mods not trust worthy?Also, it would be quite easy to prove where you work, and yet, you have not provided anything yet. Also, as a huge MIAMI VICE fan, your not on this site very much.Of course I'd like this to be real, ...but your sure not helping matters much in your efforts to convince us. :rolleyes:Members, always remember this guy:[url']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15812-SROBAK!!

"I work for a company that does post production work for them. :evil:

No offense, Batman, but wouldn't post-production mean editing? As opposed to a company like Deluxe that does transferring, which is more or less what your job is?Maybe you're just using 'post' generically for the purposes of this thread, so sorry if I'm nitpicking. Just trying to not get too excited if there isn't a blu ray release.I don't know if you've ever done post work at WB, but I know that post building well (the old one near Gate 4). I work in tv (though I'm not on a show now).

• Administrators

As I've said before, I'll believe it when I see it and also, let's not all forget about a rather specific date on the calendar that just passed.

Stiiiiilllllllll waiting for the evidence you said you'd provide batman........http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15812-SROBAK!!