Miami Vice in HD

BATMAN

You know....his being gone is not helping his cause to convince us.Where's the money Crockett? .....I mean, where's the evidence BATMAN?

• Administrators

Nah, he didn't disappear. He's just too busy with all that post production type stuff. ;)

Nah' date=' he didn't disappear. He's just too busy with all that post production type stuff. ;)[/quote']:Dwhy do people do thatIm sure we will see a Season 1 Blu ray release in next 2-3 years anyway:D

I see BATMAN has disappeared :D

No' date=' actually Batman hasn't disappeared ... he just forgot to open his cape.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsAEmHWZ2A

:D(... okay, maybe a little inappropriate.)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsAEmHWZ2A :D(... okay, maybe a little inappropriate.)

No, it's appropriate....it's appropriate.

Hey everyone!Nope, not disappeared. Just gathering a little data.. PM sent to Ferrariman. He'll have what I've got momentarily. Just a quick hint.....Boys, get those 5.1 home theatres ready!!!!!!!!I'll wait to hear back from Ferrariman.BATMAN

Ditto.

My blue-ray player (samsung BD-D6700) boosts everything up to HD. I can even watch our wonderfull guys in 3D :cool: No joke. It has 2D - 3D conversion. You should try this at home :D. So don't wait up for Batman.....http://bestblurayplayersite.com/samsung-bd-d6700/

Is it a big deal getting Vice in HD?I have for a copy of a classic like the Thing is SD and HD. I think that the original is better than the polished one in my opinion, but it can be different with Vice.What`s your opinion?

Is it a big deal getting Vice in HD?I have for a copy of a classic like the Thing is SD and HD. I think that the original is better than the polished one in my opinion' date=' but it can be different with Vice.What`s your opinion?[/quote']I agree. In spite of my blue-ray story, I watch MV as it comes and as it should (in my opinion). Nice DVD's with 80's looks and feels. And that is the best possible way I think. I do have better representation though, but that comes with the blue-ray player. I have no intention of buying the HD DVD's.

• Administrators

Undercover pics from BATMANYou will notice the 1080p in the lower left corner.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators
Is it a big deal getting Vice in HD?I have for a copy of a classic like the Thing is SD and HD. I think that the original is better than the polished one in my opinion' date=' but it can be different with Vice.What`s your opinion?[/quote'] We all know that guy who has to have the latest and greatest of everything. Those fans will run right out and buy it. I might but if I do it won't be 'til the price drops considerably. I'm happy with what I have. It's a matter of individual choice. Some purists still prefer the snap, crackle and pop you get with old vinyl records as opposed to the crisp clear sounds of digital music. To each his own. I guess the bottom line is, it's nice to have a choice!

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere are two snapshots from my DVD, it's 4/3 and like Ferrariman noticed it's also in 5.1 surround sound. I watch it on a 43 inch plasma and it looks crystal clear, so I'm not convinced about the real added value. IMO the '1080p HD' is just a sales pitch...Some will say BATMAN's have more brightness to it, but that can easily be set on the tv.

• Administrators

I have to agree with you philippe. Even though I have a blu-ray player I've never been totally convinced about the superior picture quality. I bought it because the price was right, it can play all my old DVDs and I figure it's the wave of the future. Some big special effects movies look good but I can't justify buying everything in blu-ray. I just don't see it, or maybe I'm just gettin' old.

I have to agree with you philippe. Even though I have a blu-ray player I've never been totally convinced about the superior picture quality. I bought it because the price was right' date=' it can play all my old DVDs and I figure it's the wave of the future. Some big special effects movies look good but I can't justify buying everything in blu-ray. I just don't see it, or maybe I'm just gettin' old.[/quote']So we both agree Ferrariman:cool:. The only thing that makes me mad is that since everything is put out on Dvd and Blu-ray, they tend to make the Dvd versions in a lesser quality than what the Dvd is truly capable of. :thumbsdown: Thankfully the MV Dvds where made prior to Blu-ray and as such are of a high quality.Here's a dvd review on Amazon about the Dvd version of Inception:
This is a good film let down by a dreadful DVDThe image quality in parts of the film is so bad that at first I believed I had a faulty monitor. The problem seems to be actually with the DVD which has been mastered so poorly that you can see pixelation and stair stepping in the movie - not occasionally, but right through out the film. The problem is not very noticeable on a small monitor, but on a good quality widescreen monitor you can easily tell something is wrong.

I'm being a little off point ... but this is the same crap they pulled with vinyl during the CD era. Started intentionally using inferior materials to manufacture records to force people to buy CDs.

Maybe batman's legit. I dunno. I guess I was hoping for a little more proof, like him standing at the production studio, a payroll stub, something of that nature.Isn't it possible to photoshop "1080/24p" onto a still picture and post it on a tv monior?I'm not saying batman is lying, I'm just asking the question.There is not enough information about it, or batman, for me to be a true believer.However, if batman shows additional proof, like I mentioned above, it may reverse my thoughts depending on what is given.I need more evidence.

Hey EveryoneThose are really the best I can do..for now. I can't show exactly who I am or where I workif you know what I mean.And with regards to the photoshop suggestion, I'm too old for that kind of stuff. I wouldn't do it. And like I said before, I know how much this means to you guys.About upconverting SD Vice, it does look good. I have a player that does a great job of upconverting SD to 1080p. But these transfers are better. Much better. And I think you'll be very happy with the audio. I can't remember if the DD tracks were 384 kbps or 448 on the SD dvd's. This mix sounds much richer. More dynamic range. Less compresed. Jan Hammer and Tim Truman never sounded so good!Maybe my friend Ferrariman can chime in here with what he thinks regarding what I sent him.That's it for now everyone. I'll see what else I can dig up.BATMAN

• Administrators

As much as everyone is skeptical of anything we hear (myself being one of the biggest skeptics) I have to say that I believe BATMAN. The reason being that he did include other photos and information that can't be posted here that do show me something. I'm hopefull that as time progresses we can get a few more details and sneak peeks!

As much as everyone is skeptical of anything we hear (myself being one of the biggest skeptics) I have to say that I believe BATMAN. The reason being that he did include other photos that can't be posted here that do show me something. I'm hopefull that as time progresses we can get a few more details and sneak peeks!

A skeptic myself, I have no way on my own to believe, or disbelieve this. Therefore, if Ferrariman believes it's real due to proof he saw, then I'll go with what Ferrariman believes, based on that.O.k. Crockett, pick up your 200 grand . ....we'll go with it.

This may be legit guys. I've seen Best Buy h here in Canada selling a lot of Universal releases for dirt cheap prices. Usually when I see this, wether it's for movie box sets or a TV series, it means that something else is on the way (so I've noticed anyway).