Miami Vice in HD

BATMAN

Hey EveryoneThose are really the best I can do..for now. I can't show exactly who I am or where I workif you know what I mean.BATMAN

I think we need to cut Batman some slack. It looks legit to me. He probably took a bit of a risk taking those pics at work. I'm looking forward to the release!

[quote=COOPER&BURNETT;251052">

A skeptic myself' date=' I have no way on my own to believe, or disbelieve this. Therefore, if Ferrariman believes it's real due to proof he saw, then I'll go with what Ferrariman believes, based on that.O.k. Crockett, pick up your 200 grand . ....we'll go with it.[/quote']

I think we need to cut Batman some slack. It looks legit to me. He probably took a bit of a risk taking those pics at work. I'm looking forward to the release!

If Ferrariman believes it, then so do I.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've got some more "detective" work to do.So I'll gather some more evidence and send it off to the man. Ferrariman.It's true guys. It really is. BATMAN

• Administrators

I think we need to cut Batman some slack. It looks legit to me. He probably took a bit of a risk taking those pics at work.

That's exactly right. Just think of him as our own personal informant. :p

Hey BATMAN, don't mind me asking but why on earth are you willing to put your job at risk and run the possibility of being convicted? Let's face it, this really borders on industrial espionage. Secondly if you are really part of a post production department, you definitely had to sign an agreement stating that your job should remain confidential, no?Also if this is illegal to begin with, don't we have a responsibility as a 'collective forum' to not be promoting this type of material? I mean what's gonna be next?I can understand that it's fun to play the capped mystery guy, but think about what you're doing BATMAN. The last thing we should want on a forum is that somebody loses his job or worse.

[quote=Philippe;251107">

Hey BATMAN' date=' don't mind me asking but why on earth are you willing to put your job at risk and run the possibility of being convicted? Let's face it, this really borders on industrial espionage. Secondly if you are really part of a post production department, you definitely had to sign an agreement stating that your job should remain confidential, no?Also if this is illegal to begin with, don't we have a responsibility as a 'collective forum' to not be promoting this type of material? I mean what's gonna be next?I can understand that it's fun to play the capped mystery guy, but think about what you're doing BATMAN. The last thing we should want on a forum is that somebody loses his job or worse.[/quote']

Perhaps we should be thoughtful, and thankful for his willingness to do this.After all, these aren't Government secrets, and the show has been seen since 1984, and been on TV, Cable, VHS, Laserdisc, and DVD. It's just going to be a clearer picture. Newspapers and Magazines leak stuff from unidentified sources all the time.

Perhaps we should be thoughtful' date=' and thankful for his willingness to do this.After all, these aren't Government secrets, and the show has been seen since 1984, and been on TV, Cable, VHS, Laserdisc, and DVD. It's just going to be a clearer picture. Newspapers and Magazines leak stuff from unidentified sources all the time.[/quote']Not to sound rude Coop, but if I was BATMAN's boss - I wouldn't want one of my employees who is being payed hard money to do a job, to just throw out 'sensitive' information before the official release date. Secondly, if there's going to be a release, we'll hear about it soon enough without someone having to risk his job to do us a favor. Let's face it, once you have been fired for 'disclosing company information' or 'breach of trust' it is highly unlikely that you will ever be hired in that line of work again.Newspapers and magazines who leak 'stuff from UNIDENTIFIED sources' do have a name all their own, it's called 'gossip press' and that's what they spread - RUMORS. That's the main difference between a reliable and professional news source and the 'dirty laundry' sources.

Hey BATMAN' date=' don't mind me asking but why on earth are you willing to put your job at risk and run the possibility of being convicted? Let's face it, this really borders on industrial espionage. Secondly if you are really part of a post production department, you definitely had to sign an agreement stating that your job should remain confidential, no?Also if this is illegal to begin with, don't we have a responsibility as a 'collective forum' to not be promoting this type of material? I mean what's gonna be next?I can understand that it's fun to play the capped mystery guy, but think about what you're doing BATMAN. The last thing we should want on a forum is that somebody loses his job or worse.[/quote']True words:D

I think we should all tread carefully - however it does seem quite promising - an HD / Blu Ray release - with the "Lost Madonna" - it must be a whole set release ?:D

Not to sound rude Coop' date=' but if I was BATMAN's boss - I wouldn't want one of my employees who is being pay hard money to do a job just throwing 'sensitive' information before the official release date. Secondly, if there's gonna be a release we'll hear about it soon enough without someone having to risk his job to do us a favor. Think about it, he may not only lose his job but also never find another job because of it. Let's face it, once you have been fired for 'disclosing company information' or 'breach of trust' nobody is gonna hire him ever again in that line of work.Newspapers and magazines who leak 'stuff from UNIDENTIFIED sources' do have a name all their own, it's called 'gossip press' and that's what they spread - RUMORS. That's the main difference between a reliable and professional news source and the 'dirty laundry' sources.[/quote']You don't sound rude Pal, your just concerned for someone's job. I think your a nice guy! :thumbsup:Thankfully, his I.D. is protected, as there are many people who work there with him on the project. We're not going to say a word. If he did get caught, then yes, he'd have to deal with it. That was his choice.Not everything that comes from unidentified sources is gossip, or rumors.Many members of the Government, or local Government and business personel routinely want things off the record, as they have not been cleared to say them officially, but are very reliable people and sources. Some media members keep going to the same unnamed sources over and over again, as they have proven time and again that they have been correct. Now if a newspaper has a history of bad sources, then that's different. Those are rag magazines.We have a history of being reliable here. This is something he has chosen to do. We will protect him to the best of our ability. The rest is up to him.You are a VERY, VERY nice guy Philippe. I for one, appreciate you, and your concern for others.Your tops with me! :thumbsup:

You don't sound rude Pal' date=' your just concerned for someone's job. I think your a nice guy! :thumbsup:Thankfully, his I.D. is protected, as there are many people who work there with him on the project. We're not going to say a word. If he did get caught, then yes, he'd have to deal with it. That was his choice.Not everything that comes from unidentified sources is gossip, or rumors.Many members of the Government, or local Government and business personel routinely want things off the record, as they have not been cleared to say them officially, but are very reliable people and sources. Some media members keep going to the same unnamed sources over and over again, as they have proven time and again that they have been correct. Now if a newspaper has a history of bad sources, then that's different. Those are rag magazines.We have a history of being reliable here. This is something he has chosen to do. We will protect him to the best of our ability. The rest is up to him.You are a VERY, VERY nice guy Philippe. I for one, appreciate you, and your concern for others.Your tops with me! :thumbsup:[/quote']My statement is not meant to be the nice guy, this thread is not about me to begin with. It's about someone who is doing things that many here have labeled 'risky'. Risky means 'questionable' therefore obviously someone is risking something. Do we want members to take risks? Do we want to play BATMAN's game, even though we know he is doing something questionable?As far as his I.D. being protected, sure 'we' don't know who BATMAN is, but my bet is that someone from his company might not have such troubles finding out. It is here in plain view and as such everybody can see it.

• Administrators

I can understand the concern here but as someone said, the guy's not selling government secrets here. It's a TV show, an old TV show, and frankly with the number of blu-ray releases coming out every week I don't know why this should even be a big secret. I look at it as the next step in the natural progression of the home video market. BATMAN has chosen to do this for us on his own. Why don't we see how risky he considers leaking the info to us? BATMAN?... Please give us your thoughts on the situation.

This is actually quite brilliant "viral marketing." Seek out the hardcore fanbase of something and give them a sneak peek. If anything, Batman's employers would probably chuckle at his initiative.

This is actually quite brilliant "viral marketing." Seek out the hardcore fanbase of something and give them a sneak peek. If anything' date=' Batman's employers would probably chuckle at his initiative.[/quote']That's if they didn't sanction this themselves, it's very common nowadays for companies like Universal to have people visit forums like this and "leak" information to hype up releases. Considering this is the top Miami Vice fan site on the web and Vice is a much demanded catalog title for them it kind of makes sense we would see something like this happen.

That's if they didn't sanction this themselves' date=' it's very common nowadays for companies like Universal to have people visit forums like this and "leak" information to hype up releases. Considering this is the top Miami Vice fan site on the web and Vice is a much demanded catalog title for them it kind of makes sense we would see something like this happen.[/quote']I agree with that - makes perfect sense :D

That's if they didn't sanction this themselves' date=' it's very common nowadays for companies like Universal to have people visit forums like this and "leak" information to hype up releases. Considering this is the top Miami Vice fan site on the web and Vice is a much demanded catalog title for them it kind of makes sense we would see something like this happen.[/quote']I must admit, the idea did cross my mind.

Ok... 10 pages now and I'm late on this party... Batman, Welcome to the site and thank you for coming forward and giving us some promise to what we all have been looking forward to. I hope it happens. I'm happy right now with my DVD's, yet Blue ray would be the ultimate. In case it doesn't(there's always that chance...)happen, look at it this way: remember VHS tapes of Miami Vice? The quality or lack there of compared to todays surround sound DVD. BIG difference from on to the other and if Blue Ray happens, all the better. I think it would be especially cool if there could be some extra material, behind the scenes or bloopers or something extra on the Blue Ray series. Now that would be something! If and when it comes out, I'll acquire the whole set like everyone else here will. Until then, I'm pretty happy with what I have. Thank you Batman for the heads up and letting us know what's coming, I hope it comes thru. Mike

I must admit' date=' the idea did cross my mind.[/quote']That idea crossed my mind too -- though, egads, hopefully Universal would've known to use bait other than Lost Madonna.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've got some more "detective" work to do.So I'll gather some more evidence and send it off to the man. Ferrariman.It's true guys. It really is. BATMAN

We've had some similar initiatives in the past, here and on .org. Often it ended with arguments or disapointment. When Ferrariman thinks it's ok however, it is good enough for me. Again, I am satisfied with what I have now, but every improvement is an improvement:DBatman, welcome!

Hey Guys. Thanks for more of the welcomes! I don't feel I'm in too much jeopardy. Like Ferrariman said, it just a TV show and an old one at that. But one we love. And believe me, there are a lot of people and post houses that have their hands on this show for HD. And who knows, the people at Universal might welcome the publicity. Hopefully, they won't find out!! The only negative thing is it might cut into a few people buying the SD box sets.And Matt5 hit the nail right on the head. I think it's going to be one big box set. No individual season releases. Why else would they be doing them in such a random order? About the comment on extras, I haven't seen any material on that as of yet.Nor any seperate music only tracks. I would be very surprised if there is not an announcement this year regarding the blu-ray release. Just not sure if it's on their calendar for this year or next. It's a mammoth job. Will post more info soon.BATMAN

Miami Vice almost definitely won't be coming to Blu-ray this year I'm afraid, as I've said before it's Universal's 100th Anniversary and they seem to have their calendar already booked solid with releases, the list of releases for 2012 was leaked a while back and so far it's been very accurate besides a few things.http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=188474According to the list there will be no TV releases for this year unless Universal plans to surprise us later in the year but given their track record I kind of doubt it. Maybe they plan on doing something big for TV Shows next year? Here's a partial list of shows produced by Universal:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_shows_produced_by_Universal_StudiosLooks like they have quite a few to choose from if they plan on releasing some of their shows on Blu-ray.

Hey Guys. Thanks for more of the welcomes! I don't feel I'm in too much jeopardy. Like Ferrariman said' date=' it just a TV show and an old one at that. But one we love. And believe me, there are a lot of people and post houses that have their hands on this show for HD. And who knows, the people at Universal might welcome the publicity. Hopefully, they won't find out!! The only negative thing is it might cut into a few people buying the SD box sets.And Matt5 hit the nail right on the head. I think it's going to be one big box set. No individual season releases. Why else would they be doing them in such a random order? About the comment on extras, I haven't seen any material on that as of yet.Nor any seperate music only tracks. I would be very surprised if there is not an announcement this year regarding the blu-ray release. Just not sure if it's on their calendar for this year or next. It's a mammoth job. Will post more info soon.BATMAN[/quote']Very interesting Batman - I thought a whole 5-season set looks like a possibly :D

Hey Guys. Thanks for more of the welcomes! I don't feel I'm in too much jeopardy. Like Ferrariman said' date=' it just a TV show and an old one at that. But one we love. And believe me, there are a lot of people and post houses that have their hands on this show for HD. And who knows, the people at Universal might welcome the publicity. [/quote']Whatever happened to good conduct. The reason why Universal gave different seasons to different post production houses is most likely so they can monitor each one. You're on season 5 and the other post production houses are probably doing the rest . I'm not sure what they are going to think about the free publicity you are giving them. Who knows? Why give out the job to a specialized PR division and pay them for it, while some secret avenger does it for free?

• Administrators
Why give out the job to a specialized PR division and pay them for it' date=' while some secret avenger does it for free?[/quote']Though we are the world's largest "Miami Vice" community, I'm sure we are a very small cog in the big machine that handles advertising for such a project. Miami Vice may be a big deal to us but to most people it's just an old TV show. To most people it probably means about as much as an HD release of "The Jeffersons" means to us.No offense to fans of "The Jeffersons"