CROCKETT'S SHOES!

COOPER&BURNETT

• 1 month later...

If you want to buy new shoes that fit the aesthetic without being copies, these come in brown and black, I have both, and they are almost perfect. Order a size down and let them form to your feet.

https://us.sandro-paris.com/en/mens/accessories/shoes/leather-slippers/CH1747S.html?dwvar_CH1747S_color=75#start=1

Also, available in suede and linen, pastel colors and greys:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/designers/Mulo

Same deal. If you've got a grand to drop, you can have an entire wardrobe of summer shoes in all colors you'd need. Black, brown, grey, white, blue, and maybe orange or something.

Another question: we are talking about the nice shoes from Crockett. But I am also very interested in shoes from the pic below:

35885099mo.png

This are white (business?) shoes with an heel about 1 inch. In many episodes you can see different men with shoes like that. It's very hard to find this type of shoes today in colors of white or light grey. Have you a source for that kind of shoes or do you know the manufacturer?

Thank you.
Simon

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Hey gang, 

a few months ago I was searching for some Sonny esque white summer shoes. I have a few pair of the regular old white all canvas style that you can still get at Walmart for ten bucks but I wanted leather with some kind of “style”, whatever that means.

Google search turn up some that looked promising. I saw two pair from a company I kinda liked for $45.00 each in leather and they were white. They appeared from the few pics to be ok but impossible to judge quality from a few pics so it was a crap shoot. The biggest problem is they were located in China. Great...if they come at all they will most likely be laughable and junk at best and if they are the wrong size, I’m just screwed. However they did take PayPal so I felt confident I wouldn’t get totally hosed for my $90 bucks in the end unless they did come and were just junk.

I ordered them on April 24. First few days showed the shipping label created and then the movement to the edge of the country with an airplane symbol showing it was pointed towards America with a big arched line to good ole USofA. Here is where I get frustrated as it appeared the airplane never got off the runway or ran out of fuel in midair and spashed down in the ocean cause the tracking plane never moved. I kept checking their website and tracking of my two separate packages and neither have moved. Website says....Covid-19....expect unusual delays in shipping....whatever. We’ll be hearing that excuse 5 years from now on every package ordered. i email them politely asking for an update and why the tracking hasn’t moved in several weeks? They reply a few days later to “assure me” my products were on the way and to just hang in there and be patient. 

Ok, now I have to figure out just how long is an acceptable wait time with Covid fling the plane and all that? I knew PayPal would take care of me if I filed a claim but wanted to be fair so I waited. I figure screw it I’ll give them 90 days and then that’s it, I’ll resolve it with PayPal.

So end of last week I get antsy and decide to order a third pair of white shoes from a US located vendor who’s would ship FeEx. I felt relieved to give them a try and order a pair for about $25 bucks I think. Today I get home and in my mail box is a bag and I can feel shoes in it. i said great, that company wasted no time sending me the ones I just ordered. Too bad I’ll be waiting till Christmas for the first two tho clear customs some day.

Well, to my surprise the back was written in Chinese/or Mandarin or whatever that chicken scratch stuff they use is called. it was the first pair I ordered. The were packed in a sealed waterproof back with bubble wrap in them and paper keeping them separated and stuffed in the tongue of the shoes nicely. First impression was they were super light which is kinda what I was hoping for. Leather shoes with soft rubber soles. Not the kind of shoes you’d want to walk around Disney all day to be sure but for daily in town stuff they’ll do fine. 

I think they will go good with shorts or ever casual jeans without socks of course! 

The name of the company is Kauum, click —> here

The top ones are mine and the bottom two are stock pics from them company. I should be getting the other one, the solid one, tomorrow. I post pics of that one too and the third one when I get it with it’s specifics.

I think they will work for what they are intended for. Light summer walking. Nothing heavy or extreme.

Enjoy.

06B39C12-9FEB-4319-8F0E-7CCFBD091287.jpeg

A018DAE0-B310-4F16-93B9-E8038296170C.jpeg

13406F7D-6A9D-46C7-9FDE-F77E86DABC2E.jpeg

2795C00E-7F6A-4FF0-97CF-BC395211450E.jpeg

E72BC1F2-C2C6-4B19-9BBE-38FF4ABF6333.png

43837FE7-BCA3-45A3-905A-4DD8195DA2D3.png

• Like 4

Nice!  Reminds me of Sonny's shoes in "Freefall".  Was the sizing accurate?  Everything my wife and I have ordered from China (clothing-wise) has been much smaller than the size we thought we were getting.

They do look very Vice like.  But I to agree with the question asked by Mr. Vigilante.  Was the sizing accurate? 

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Nice!  Reminds me of Sonny's shoes in "Freefall".  Was the sizing accurate?  Everything my wife and I have ordered from China (clothing-wise) has been much smaller than the size we thought we were getting.

17 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

They do look very Vice like.  But I to agree with the question asked by Mr. Vigilante.  Was the sizing accurate? 

No. I would order them again understanding the price and quality they are, but one size larger now having tried them on physically which was the risk I knew I was taking. I have not received the 2nd pair yet, but yes they do run small. I ordered an 11 which is my normal size but I would order one size larger next time and get them in a 12. Not a major problem, but the big toes are a little tight. The width, heel, ankle cut, and vamp sections are fine for me. I am a D/Medium width. These will only be occasional wear shoes and probably short term durations anyways so I can live with the tight toes. Not worth trying to send back to China and exchange in my opinion. I personally never ordered shoes from China before (wonder why) and didn’t do my due diligence on them shorting sizes. Makes sense now since they are pint sized people! :p And I kinda wondered if I was going to regret buying two pair at once and should have ordered one and waited to confirm I was happy first before the ordering the second pair. That’s what a smart guy would have done, but hey, we’re talking about me here!  :) 

• Thanks 2

Very nice. I just ordered these off Poshmark. Got a more than few more saved for a later time, these were my favorites. I Can't do the typical plain slip-ons anymore. I need something with a bit of style to them.

m_5a824fab3800c5af96df0e55.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

Im interested to know this too.

5 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Very nice. I just ordered these off Poshmark. Got a more than few more saved for a later time, these were my favorites. I Can't do the typical plain slip-ons anymore. I need something with a bit of style to them.

They look good!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, timm525 said:

No. I would order them again understanding the price and quality they are, but one size larger now having tried them on physically which was the risk I knew I was taking. I have not received the 2nd pair yet, but yes they do run small. I ordered an 11 which is my normal size but I would order one size larger next time and get them in a 12. Not a major problem, but the big toes are a little tight. The width, heel, ankle cut, and vamp sections are fine for me. I am a D/Medium width. These will only be occasional wear shoes and probably short term durations anyways so I can live with the tight toes. Not worth trying to send back to China and exchange in my opinion. I personally never ordered shoes from China before (wonder why) and didn’t do my due diligence on them shorting sizes. Makes sense now since they are pint sized people! :p And I kinda wondered if I was going to regret buying two pair at once and should have ordered one and waited to confirm I was happy first before the ordering the second pair. That’s what a smart guy would have done, but hey, we’re talking about me here!  :) 

Ok, update. I finally got the 2nd pair, the solid white ones about a week ago. I put a set of shoe trees in both pairs of them and I feel that they stretched them gently a little and now they fit fine. Perhaps the leather, if that’s really what it is, was tight and with the shoe trees in them stretched to the correct size.

Wore the solid ones out and around today and they were comfortable. 

Company took a long time to ship them and played the Covid excuse but eventually they did both show up, just not overly timely from what they said.

Might try that if you have some tight shoes and see if a few weeks help.

• 10 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 5:26 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

what brand is this? 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 6:59 AM, timm525 said:

Hey gang,

I think they will go good with shorts or ever casual jeans without socks of course! 

The name of the company is Kauum, click —> here.

I haven't been on this site in a few months, and I recently clicked this thread to see what's up.

A few days later I have these loafers sitting on my doorstep.  Thanks timm525 and the Miami Vice community!

I'm on my way out to road test these with my 3/4 length chinos, freshly waxed car, and summer tanned skin thanks to Dauntless Tan peptide nasal spray (makes your melanin levels shoot up and you go dark after a tiny bit of sun).  The only dilemma I'm having is Wayfarers or Carreras?

loafer.jpg

Edited by Joe81
  • Like 5