Miami Vice and... James Last!

Philippe

I never knew until now, but James Last must be at least a little fan of MV me thinks.:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]5597[/ATTACH]Look at that, doesn't his outfit reminds you of someone?:cool: Too bad he doesn't wear the Ray Bans.And guess what's the first track?1. Crocketts Theme2. Ocean Drive (South Beach)3. Wo Die Sonne Scheint4. Orange Blossom Special5. Sunset at Flamingo Park6. Granada (Lady of Spain)7. Blue Skies8. Miami Vice Theme9. My Way (On The Top Of The World)10. Hip Hop Polka11. Morgens Um Sieben (On The Beach)12. Can I Say "Hallo" (Derek's Solo)13. Titanic14. Poor Adeline (On the South Beach)15. Traumschiff (Zur Karibik)16. String of Pearls (In the Mood)I had a listen, but it doesn't add anything to the original and some tracks where really out of place if you ask me.Don't get me wrong people, I happen to be guilty of owning two albums myself.:pBut they where produced in the eighties and IMHO where Top notch. Better than just 'orchestral' tra-la-la, with synthesizers and stuff and a few of the finer musicians money could buy back then.The first album is 'Biscaya' and my second favorite is 'Seduction' featuring none less than Giorgio Moroder.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5599[/ATTACH]Man I wish he had done something with Jan Hammer on his 'Ocean Drive' project... oh well...

Hey cool find Philippe! I never new he did such a MV-inspired album...In fact isn't he german? Miami Vice was a big thing in germany back in the days...Im going to find and check that album!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

5597[/ATTACH]Look at that, doesn't his outfit reminds you of someone?:cool: Too bad he doesn't wear the Ray Bans.And guess what's the first track?1. Crocketts Theme2. Ocean Drive (South Beach)3. Wo Die Sonne Scheint4. Orange Blossom Special5. Sunset at Flamingo Park6. Granada (Lady of Spain)7. Blue Skies8. Miami Vice Theme9. My Way (On The Top Of The World)10. Hip Hop Polka11. Morgens Um Sieben (On The Beach)12. Can I Say "Hallo" (Derek's Solo)13. Titanic14. Poor Adeline (On the South Beach)15. Traumschiff (Zur Karibik)16. String of Pearls (In the Mood)I had a listen, but it doesn't add anything to the original and some tracks where really out of place if you ask me.Don't get me wrong people, I happen to be guilty of owning two albums myself.:pBut they where produced in the eighties and IMHO where Top notch. Better than just 'orchestral' tra-la-la, with synthesizers and stuff and a few of the finer musicians money could buy back then.The first album is 'Biscaya' and my second favorite is 'Seduction' featuring none less than Giorgio Moroder.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5599[/ATTACH]Man I wish he had done something with Jan Hammer on his 'Ocean Drive' project... oh well...

Hilarious !!:thumbsup::D