Tubbs' AOW/SBS 12 gauges

BrenTen

I'm currently building Tubbs' short barreled shotgun and have gathered the following info of his guns throughout the series.As we all know, Rico used a shortened Ithaca 37 Stakeout during season 2. It had a Pachmayr Vindicator grip, folding forend and an approx 8.5" barrel. However, that is not correct. The gun shown on IMFDB is not his. He had a non-folding forend (as per Coop's pic in the following message):[ATTACH=CONFIG]5620[/ATTACH]In season 3 he got himself Wilson Combat's new Executive Protection gun based on the Japanese made Smith & Wesson 3000 series. It had a 7.6" barrel, also a Pachmayr grip and, I figured this out last night, a non-folding Steyr Aug foregrip. The gun was matte blue with a black bolt:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5618[/ATTACH]For season 4 he got Wilson's new version based on a Remington 870 Wingmaster in polished blue with a chrome bolt. The accessories were the same and I think that was the prettiest one of all:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5621[/ATTACH]As you can see, the grip looks just like this $50 Steyr one:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5622[/ATTACH]

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Much obilged Coop. I never saw that first pic. The top gun is Tubbs', the second not. The foregrip is fixed on Tubbs' whilst the other one isn't. Both wear Pachmayrs though, so I was wrong on that issue. I'll correct my original post.

Very nice. Do you need a special permit to own a short barrel shotgun where you live?

Nope, here (Canada), you can do what you want as long as the barrel is manufactured that way. Hence we have a guy making barrels of any size with his name on it. I have the whole range of barrel lengths, even 16". All I need is to buy a $290 parkerized, matte or polished blue barrel and stick it on. If the gun is then under 26" overall length I need to re-license it as a handgun, but apart from that, no issues.Handguns on the other hand are a different matter. No barrel length under 106mm is allowed. Now that is a real bummer and came into effect in 95.

Nope' date=' here (Canada), you can do what you want as long as the barrel is manufactured that way. Hence we have a guy making barrels of any size with his name on it. I have the whole range of barrel lengths, even 16". All I need is to buy a $290 parkerized, matte or polished blue barrel and stick it on. If the gun is then under 26" overall length I need to re-license it as a handgun, but apart from that, no issues.Handguns on the other hand are a different matter. No barrel length under 106mm is allowed. Now that is a real bummer and came into effect in 95.[/quote']Cool. Sounds like the reverse here in the USA with the gun laws.

Cool. Sounds like the reverse here in the USA with the gun laws.

I know, that's why Canadians go crazy with shotguns and rifles as they can be carried everywhere (empty). Legally you could carry an empty shotty in a gun sock into a bank and make a withdrawal. Certainly they would call the cops and you would kiss the floor but in the end it is legal. If it was a handgun you'd be in jail. Also auto shotguns and rifles are limited to 5 rounds but we are allowed LE infrared lasers and night vision but not body armor. It's all rather silly.

I know' date=' that's why Canadians go crazy with shotguns and rifles as they can be carried everywhere (empty). Legally you could carry an empty shotty in a gun sock into a bank and make a withdrawal. Certainly they would call the cops and you would kiss the floor but in the end it is legal. If it was a handgun you'd be in jail. Also auto shotguns and rifles are limited to 5 rounds but we are allowed LE infrared lasers and night vision but not body armor. It's all rather silly.[/quote']yeah here because of the devistation the shotgun can do at close range and our gang problems that is an automatic 25 years if you even use the a short barreled shotgun to defend yourself, even if you have the permits.basically your allowed to have and use them if you've got a class 3 but its only for recreation and even then I think that law that states that you can not have a machine gun or SMG past 1986 or 88' might still apply to themalthough dealers are allowed to have said modern SMG's and the like with a bunch of strings attached although the specifics are hazzy.problem is basically because of those gang problems and the fact that no one wants to deal with those issue head on it for fear of bad press and other crap it explodes and they blame the guns, not the people and our gun laws reflect that.as the polticians are the ones who have failed for letting that go on to the breaking point and of course there not going to blame themselves as there running for office next year or whatever. ditto with doing anything to prevent it for the fear of loosing votes and the like, its just downright despicable as if they would just grow a spine life would be a hell of alot better for alot of people.but anyways thats why its rigged up like that in the US.