Episode #47 "Killshot"

Ferrariman

Tuscaloosa, now living in Mississippi Gulf Coast, in the episode Tico had different numbers and if you watch intro the Jai Alai player has a 6 on front and I believe 43 on back of jersey, 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I only watched it again last night. One of the best episodes of S3. I wholeheartedly agree with RedDragon86. It has all you want to see in a MV episode: good story, kick ass soundtrack, action, boat rides, plot twists and a gun fight in the end with an abrupt ending. It captured the essence of vice with a very 'third season vibe'. Noteworthy the jai alai scenes with the Iggy pop song, the ambush scene and the final gun fight.

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this episode a lot. Most music used in a S3 episode, good story, we got the 2 brothers; 1 clean, the other not scenario, Testarossa scenes, and we got to see the "clean" brother trying to get revenge for the "unclean" one, that was being framed. We also got a very memorable scene, when Crockett and Tubbs pull up to that "friendly meet" and are greeted (And saved by the "Clean" brother in the last moment) by a car bomb.The beggining is nice and gives us a bit of relief for what is going to follow. The ending is ice cold, like most of S3 tbh........... but fresh.

A 9/10 for me. Really enjoyed this one.

• Like 3

I’ve always really enjoyed this episode as well.  My kids watched it with me when they were in middle school, I think it was, and several years later some friends of ours got a parrot and named it Tico.  They had no idea about the episode but my kids both told them about it.  :)  There both young adults now but would still remember Tico, both the parrot and the episode!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not a famous one, but I really like this episode...good "Vice" feel to it! Love the action at the beginning, and the chase with the Scarrab--superb! :thumbsup: Love the other cars used too, and the Testarossa of course...as it's my favorite of Crockett's two Ferraris.

I also really love the music--especially Desire by Yello! Very "haunting" and captivating song! :radio: The really cool fascet to this epsiode for me is the sport of Jai Alai...which I'd never heard of before "Kill Shot". It was just kind of fascinating to see how it was played.

There was one humorous part though...and that was "Miss Muscles" bodyguard for Isabel Botista! :eek: She looked like a man with a woman's head! :p Overall I enjoy this one...I originally gave it an 8, and still go with that! :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Not a famous one, but I really like this episode...good "Vice" feel to it! Love the action at the beginning, and the chase with the Scarrab--superb! :thumbsup: Love the other cars used too, and the Testarossa of course...as it's my favorite of Crockett's two Ferraris.

I also really love the music--especially Desire by Yello! Very "haunting" and captivating song! :radio: The really cool fascet to this epsiode for me is the sport of Jai Alai...which I'd never heard of before "Kill Shot". It was just kind of fascinating to see how it was played.

There was one humorous part though...and that was "Miss Muscles" bodyguard for Isabel Botista! :eek: She looked like a man with a woman's head! :p Overall I enjoy this one...I originally gave it an 8, and still go with that! :cool:

Should be a famous one :)

To me this episode has everything and its near perfect so well written and directed. Such strong neat and tidy episode.

When the Mercy Street song kicks in at the end it has that Brothers in Arms feel to it, obviously not as iconic. 

I give it a 10 and it's one of my favorite episodes.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Should be a famous one :)

To me this episode has everything and its near perfect so well written and directed. Such strong neat and tidy episode.

When the Mercy Street song kicks in at the end it has that Brothers in Arms feel to it, obviously not as iconic. 

I give it a 10 and it's one of my favorite episodes.

It’s one of my favorites too.  I watched the series in its original run and, watching from SoCal, had never heard of jai alai before.  It’s one of several episodes that always stayed with me because it was so uniquely “of Miami”. The Stiltsville scene in the superb Out Where the Busses Don’t Run also comes to mind, as does the greyhound racing scene in the lesser quality The Fix.  I know many of the Art Deco buildings stand out to fans as “Miami” as well, but there are actually many such buildings around Long Beach where I live.  Nothing like the concentration of gems in South Beach of course, but it still wasn’t terribly unique to me, unlike what I described above. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pahonu said:

It’s one of my favorites too.  I watched the series in its original run and, watching from SoCal, had never heard of jai alai before.  It’s one of several episodes that always stayed with me because it was so uniquely “of Miami”. The Stiltsville scene in the superb Out Where the Busses Don’t Run also comes to mind, as does the greyhound racing scene in the lesser quality The Fix.  I know many of the Art Deco buildings stand out to fans as “Miami” as well, but there are actually many such buildings around Long Beach where I live.  Nothing like the concentration of gems in South Beach of course, but it still wasn’t terribly unique to me, unlike what I described above. 

I think they always planned for a jai alai episode because it on the season 1 opening sequence :)

When I watched this for the first time I wondered what that game was.

Untitled.png.ec3184b6ba2f22dc92391819bff63f16.png

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think they always planned for a jai alai episode because it on the season 1 opening sequence :)

When I watched this for the first time I wondered what that game was.

Untitled.png.ec3184b6ba2f22dc92391819bff63f16.png

Long before the show started filming and was scheduled to be shot in LA, a crew was sent to Miami to get some establishing shots and I believe this was one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, king77 said:

Long before the show started filming and was scheduled to be shot in LA, a crew was sent to Miami to get some establishing shots and I believe this was one.

Jai alai kit very much! 

I’ll see myself out…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Jai alai kit very much! 

I’ll see myself out…

Bad puns…it's how eye roll.

Right back at ya’ :dance2:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Bad puns…it's how eye roll.

That one struck me in the head at 140 mph 

4D707BD0-86C8-42A0-BD07-160BE6016E34.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

One of the best episode intro songs in the series :radio:

A song about drugs, wealth and delusion. 

Edited by RedDragon86

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Greatest episode in season 3.

I love this one too. The locations, the music, the images/colors, the clothes…everything good about season 3 is here!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I love this one too. The locations, the music, the images/colors, the clothes…everything good about season 3 is here!

It feels like a great episode in season 1, top class.

BTW nice to see the return of your avatar :)

10 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

It feels like a great episode in season 1, top class.

BTW nice to see the return of your avatar :)

Well said! Season 1 appeal with season 3 optics/music. Also an unexpected improvisation  of the score from “Whatever Works” (see what I did there? :pwith some new embellishments by Jan Hammer. 

Thanks! I figured everybody finally got the message that I’ve been at this since I was 6.

Back to 41 now. :) 

• Like 2

Maybe not in my top 5 for Season 3, but definitely one of the better ones of this year.  A good share of terrific songs: "Eminence Front," "Do You Wanna Get Away," "Mercy Street," "Real Wild Child."

Jai Alai makes for an intriguing backdrop; although I still don't understand what happens in the game.  Carlos Cesteros is good as the straight-arrow Basque Customs agent who gets blackmailed by the smug Isabel Batista.  Whereas I couldn't buy the emotional thrust of "Irish Eyes," I found this story to be much more affecting.  

One of my favorite shots in this ep is Gina walking up those glaring red and green neon stairs at that club. And although the character of Jan isn't in this much, she sure is a stunner.   The whole show is at a Season 1/2 level of keeping me involved.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about this episode due to the Jai-Alai shirt that was posted a week and 1/2 ago, and I wonder something: did Frank Arriola actually HIT Isabel Batista with the Killshot? I mean, like Crockett said, Arriola is a Bass cop (the best one Crockett knows, and I also love that phrase. Also I like when Morales says to Frank that Tico is Muy macho in the gaunha; I find Morales fun! Silvo though, he doesn't make me very happy at all), but shooting a moving target isn't exactly like shooting fish in a barrel; what if the shot didn't connect (poor Crockett; he spends half of the show trying to stop people from shooting either other people or themselves, and it just never works out)?

Regardless, that Isabel Batista was certainly ruthless, right? I consider her one of Vice's beauties because I find her rather striking, but she's just too EVIL for me. Damn good boss though, well...unless one wants to live (I say an emphatic "No thanks!" to that Miami tune-up). I think I'll stick with Angel Batista from "Dexter", or his ex-wife, Jan Larken (ha ha, another reason I love this episode: the Angela Alvarado connection).

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, OCBman said:

In case anyone is interested, the FTF (For The Fans) Sports Network is airing Jai Alai this week. It's all live coverage from Magic City Jai Alai in Miami!

https://linktr.ee/FTFHQ

Very cool! I wish I had one of those services! 

Yeah, Jai-Alai is difficult for me to comprehend too, but interesting to watch as a sport.  And even today, I thin no sports calls out "Miami" like this sport.  

I agree with everything Jack Gretsky posted about this episode.  The Jai-Alai showcased in the episode, the Gina showcased on staircases, the constant act of blocking US Customs by constantly trying to corrupt or compromise individual agents... made this episode sweet and ripe with the classic Miami Vice overtones.  

It's not an original or ingenious storyline, but it doesn't need to be---it just needs to be competently told in the "you cops are on your own and barely winning" colors of Miami.  A MV-worthy episode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Augusta said:

Yeah, Jai-Alai is difficult for me to comprehend too, but interesting to watch as a sport.

I think I’ve posted this before, but just in case anybody missed it, check this out sometime. The rules are pretty simple. The “round robin” format is what’s seen in Killshot

• Like 1