The Car thread

Kavinsky

in same vein as the gun thread:

Since I grew up in Europe' date=' the only American car I wanted was a chromed out black CJ7, as Crockett had on the beach (and Neeson had in his garage). Those were popular back then in Europe. I did get myself Crockett's white over red 67 Mustang from Smuggler's Blues but I got a 66, since I did not (DID - past tense) not know the difference.For European cars one really has to understand the different countries' mentalities. The Brits are the Americans with big carborated push-rods, fat tires and raw power. A proper Brit always has the dash, steering wheel, piping, floor mats and sometimes the stitching in the exterior color). Brits rarely choose black or navy interiors. Most often one sees beige and magnolia.Germans were highly engineered with medium sized fuel injected engines an interiors were usually black, navy or grey. The often chose the same color interior to match the exterior (boring). In the 80's of course we hade the Vice Mercedes, blacked out or body colored chrome, lowered, widened and souped up. The nicest 500SELs used in vice are not on IMCDB. It's Lombard's blue car and a parked black on grey car where Svitek pulled a gun on someone in Milk Run methinks. Germans also had their seats (Porsche and BMW) made by Recaro in addition to offer Recaro's own seats as an option. The also had a long option list, whilst the Brits and Italians had next to none.The Italians were loathed in Germany, as were the Brits as they were not refined enough but secretly everyone wanted one. Strangely, Italians preferred Webber carbs and lost power when they had to go to EFI. Italians, like the Brits, preferred light interiors bit with a black dash and standard Momo steering wheel (Lambo used Nardi). Cars were mostly impractical but ever so sweet. The Miura is an awesome machine, but still, you could not rely on it when going on long trips. The Countach's air conditioning is insufficient and one can't even open the windows. Although I would have a Countach with a Diablo SE Jota engine and chopped into a Speedster. I just need more money. A lot more.So they're all different beasts. Then one compares between each manufacturer. A Mercedes front double A-arm suspension was bullet proof but doing slides around corners was difficult, as the car snaps. A BMW is more finicky built you can ride the car around the corner and know exactly when to dial back the turn. I'm comparing here two 256bhp cars, my 560SL and M6. The air-cooled 911 is the most difficult car to learn to drive properly, but when done, the easiest to drive.[/quote']well the thing with the carbs is because of there nature they throw more fuel in at higher RPM than fuel injection and thus they produce more power and speed with a high reving V12 or V8 but at the price of mileage. Hence why the cars in nascar are still carbed even though everyone else has gone to fuel injectionatleast that's my general understanding of how it works, personally though the reason why I want to go with that on the vette and the daytona is for the sake of being able to be rebuild and tweaked it at home rather than in a garage with some electronic tool and having to look for parts all over the place. where as with cars with fuel injection once the parts dry up thats pretty much the end of that system even if its just a simple fuel chip thats failed, which I've heard of happening with a 25th aniversary countach with fuel injection and they actually had to make a replacement chip for it to work properly.and yeah with the miura there was plenty of problems, namely the carbs werent that reliabile and when aged could and have caused engine fires (along with other lambos as well as when you get into mutli carb cars you really have to keep an eye on the carbs to make sure they dont leak if you dont use it for awhile. along with cooling problems and wiring problems although interestingly enough I did find a video of one that was a 100% sorted with new wiring, a new cooling system and porsche carbs on it and reportedly it was actually someones daily driver and apparently reliable. and markadian did make a similar car to what your describing actually, they turned an LP400 into a convertibile/targa top LP500 for rod stuartyeah and I think that's what been kind of lost, they just dont seem that different anymore, hell even the new viper is actually techincally that mercedes gull wing they came out with 2 years ago.

• 2 months later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6175[/ATTACH]I can't help but think that a cheap 400i could be made into a decent Daytona rep.

post-10111-13892964556074_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6175[/ATTACH]I can't help but think that a cheap 400i could be made into a decent Daytona rep.
Could probably but I havent seen any' date=' atleast not that model in particular. but I have seen ones made using the 365 GTC, the inbetween betweeen the daytona and the Berlinetta Boxer which was kind of a forerunner of that car with a GM transmision I believe and was made using the daytonas chasis lengthened out to 2+2 spec which honestly wasnt that much off of the actual car, think maybe like 4 extra inches.[img']http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/SC06_1972_Ferrari_365_GTC_4.jpgit was kind of a luxury offshoot that I think they did so they could compete with the maserati that opposed the daytona when it was new, some sort of two seat spyder that was all about luxury than speed.and ontop of that take a look at the door handles, look familiar?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildactually I might have to give it a closer look at finecars.cc now then, I've looked up the 400 before because I thought maybe the shifknob could have come from it as they were mostly autos with a gm tranny to my knowledge but I didnt really give the GTC a good going over even though honestly it aint that bad looking and looks sort of like a vette almost (although the grinning look isnt my taste along with the 3 red tail lights) while with the 400 there well its not my taste to say the least.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd post up something positive here given this is the beginning of a new year, such as a video of the Elvis Corvette:

it starts midway through the video, that silver one, just wow, talk about badass.also apparently the Volo museum, the one with the may be car 1, may not be the other daytona from vice has a hell of a replica of the mad max interceptor there in its full mad max 1 garments

and man it looks like a beast.

and speaking of the interceptor, 1001 hobbies finally posted an update vid of his long running series about creating a replica from an imported from Australia ford falcon XC I think:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ulu12pEiU&list=UU1_v_TKdLV2uYpEI6ESPFdw& index=2

part 1, from a few years ago for those who want to catch up on it:
cant wait to see the resurrected one in action this year if that movie, Fury Road finally comes outhttp://www.madmaxmovies.com/along with the new trek movie, hopefully the writing is drastically improved and they finally blow up the enterprise and replace it with the old one from TMPI mean hell even George Miller knew once you get something right, you dont screw with it!sadly JJ didnt think that and screwed up the enterprises design, but I regress, for those in the know madkoifishes enteprise is what it should have been.also just for the hell of I came across this weird 80's video mash of Knight rider, vice and one or two others I dont recognize
nearly forgot this one, just to hold everyone over till fury road

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFDAJep1jo

which honestly I kind of think is going to take place between mad max one and two, and show the downfall of society in that fictional universe as it was a jarring jump from the end of 1 to 2 with those movies and a missed story opportunity

in same vein as the gun thread:well the thing with the carbs is because of there nature they throw more fuel in at higher RPM than fuel injection and thus they produce more power and speed with a high reving V12 or V8 but at the price of mileage. Hence why the cars in nascar are still carbed even though everyone else has gone to fuel injectionatleast that's my general understanding of how it works' date=' personally though the reason why I want to go with that on the vette and the daytona is for the sake of being able to be rebuild and tweaked it at home rather than in a garage with some electronic tool and having to look for parts all over the place. where as with cars with fuel injection once the parts dry up thats pretty much the end of that system even if its just a simple fuel chip thats failed, which I've heard of happening with a 25th aniversary countach with fuel injection and they actually had to make a replacement chip for it to work properly.and yeah with the miura there was plenty of problems, namely the carbs werent that reliabile and when aged could and have caused engine fires (along with other lambos as well as when you get into mutli carb cars you really have to keep an eye on the carbs to make sure they dont leak if you dont use it for awhile. along with cooling problems and wiring problems although interestingly enough I did find a video of one that was a 100% sorted with new wiring, a new cooling system and porsche carbs on it and reportedly it was actually someones daily driver and apparently reliable. and markadian did make a similar car to what your describing actually, they turned an LP400 into a convertibile/targa top LP500 for rod stuartyeah and I think that's what been kind of lost, they just dont seem that different anymore, hell even the new viper is actually techincally that mercedes gull wing they came out with 2 years ago.[/quote']American multi-carbed cars don't require that close attention besides the initial tune. It's definitely a given that old Lamborghini's or Ferrari's aren't reliable cars. And a major reason carbureated cars aren't used in tight corner circuit racing is because the gas can fly out of the bowls if you are taking a turn sharp or fast enough.

American multi-carbed cars don't require that close attention besides the initial tune. It's definitely a given that old Lamborghini's or Ferrari's aren't reliable cars. And a major reason carbureated cars aren't used in tight corner circuit racing is because the gas can fly out of the bowls if you are taking a turn sharp or fast enough.
kind of funny since I wrote that I learned that nascar had finally gone over to fuel injection' date=' probably for that reasonand no two carbs are alike, some are genuinely better than others and early webbers did have problems, namely with the Miura and even the Urraco, where under the right conditions the fuel line can just work itself loose and spray the motor with fuelhappened to atleast 3 miuras I know of and one lamborghini Urraco, while on others with different carbs that never happens based on the way its rigged up on a different model and make of carb.but it seems like as long as the cars arent abused they will last a long time as you follow the rule about letting them warm up before you get on them like Leno with his 70,000 mile countach[url']http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/1986-lamborghini-countach/849581/plus italian cars are notoriously rust prone given the thin gauge of metal used in there construction along with american muscle cars, so they need a warm climate and a good garage to last, not to mention well this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRLXKW2ph0w

that always kind of bothered me as you know you dont lubricate anything else metal with water and now you have water in the engine cooling it? that has always seemed insane to meand then the deal with the wiring making sure its the same voltage or gauge wire as the original electronics, the switching from an alternator to a generator, hope that I'm not getting that backwards.and making sure the fuses are set up correctly, along with a battery disconnect for an old italian carI mean there are a lot of little problems to deal withbut once that's worked out italian cars can be reliable, and well I'm pretty sure that just like the old Jaguar's of the time period that also had webbers they need to have the thing pushed once in awhile to get the soot out of the carboratorthankfully thanks to modern technology, the internet and the like it is possible to turn what was a nightmare of a car to deal with on a daily basis like an MGB into a reasonably reliable car with some work.and I personally have seen fuel injected cars catch fire, so even then fuel injection systems can leak just like a carbed car in that respect if the seals go.and with race cars with carbed engines I wouldnt be too surprised to learn they have some sort of catch around the bowl like they did with the stunt ferrari for S3 with a predator carb supposedly

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this video of the new corvette in action, so to speak:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcJpVIqUK8

http://www.gtplanet.net/2014-corvette-stingray-comes-to-gran-turismo-5-new-screenshots-video-released/am I the only one who thinks it just seems off?I mean square tail lights off of a new camaro that really dont suit the car at allEingefügtes Bildinstead of the traditional 4 circle tail lights the vette has always had, save for one mode of the C4 to differentiate the ZR1 from the stock model. Eingefügtes Bild that flapping corvette logo that looks more like the old pontiac firebird logo, which just brings back memories of this one and the now deceased pontiac brand. Eingefügtes Bildalong with images of the late Jerry Reed in the big old truck he drove, along with his music blaring in the background with the cops in hot pursitthen side profile of a Nissan skyline R35, which I actually likeEingefügtes Bild but the only thing that looks vettish is the front end which looks like that of the one from the 1950's and that corvette stingray logo that is off this baby here from 1959Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXuX3Pzh-mk

it seems like basically they took what was a good looking car, the latter corvette C6 with all of its growling snarling teeth and originality in its ZR1 formEingefügtes Bildand turned it into the mutt of all the mutts out theresorry I just had to say something after seeing that, I mean yeash, from the C6 ZR1 to that thing? man what a bummer. eh who knows maybe the next ZR1 will fix it and we'll always have paris but still I was expecting something better than that.something with the same R35 shape there except with a modern vette front and somewhat normal rear end, that once the tuners got there hands on it would really be a sight to behold.not an R35 with a 58 Corvette nose and camaro tail lights along the lines of the failed ford T bird of 2002Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

post-592-13892965209853_thumb.jpg

Just thought these were kind of interesting, showing the difference in looks between the countach and a modern Supercar to show just how times have moved on, and how we interpret aerodynamics these days.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7449&stc=1&d=1358495174http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7448&stc=1&d=1358495172http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7450&stc=1&d=1358495176its a little known fact but actually the countach has the aerodynamics of a brick, hence why it never topped a 180 mph vs the much more aerodnamic LFA's top speed of 202that being said lamborghini had a one off test car that basically smoothed all of the edges of it, to make it much more aerodynamically sound and they were actually able to get 220 MPH out of it with the euro spec 440 HP motor vs the american 405catch was no one wanted it because of how much it changed the look of the car, it looked like a weird diablo/countach hybrid, so I guess in the end something did become of it in 1990 when the diablo came out. and also this one shows the difference between the styles of tires and rims between the 1960's and the 1980'shttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7453&stc=1&d=1358495220tall thin tire with flat rims vs low wide tire with dish rims, the widest tires ever put on a production supercar, next to the ones on the Testarossa replica. found these on ferrarichat by the way, in the lambo section, the guy who posted these said the photographers were far more interested in the countach than the LFA, although as weird as this sounds coming from me I kind of like the LFA for some reason in addition to the countach and here is a group photo of all the cars designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, save for the 308, which was done by the same guy who did the daytona, Leonardo Fioravantihttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7452&stc=1&d=1358495179http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7451&stc=1&d=1358495177gotta admit looking at the later lotus' I think it looks best with the color differences rather than having the bumpers painted body colorEingefügtes Bildsame for the 308.

post-592-13892965207164_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965207703_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965208209_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965208715_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965209265_thumb.jpg

Finally got an inside and out of the new 2014 corvette via Jay Leno here, complete with a daytona replica like interior here at 7:22

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrQrAn_hNA

I have to admit I'm starting to see why its styled like it is, it has Euro Styling on purpose to get new people into it and its being done just for the sake of doing something new in mind. Also the nose doesnt look that bad in the flesh but I dont know it just sturs up mixed emotions in me.and the back end looks like that of a trans am series car, as it just seems more like a track day special than a road car in looks back there.basically I'm warming up to what they've done to it but just like the 458 I'm just having the same reaction I did there, I like that they did something new but no thanks.as it just seems like another first revision of a new car that needs work before it hits the show room again. That being said It'll be interesting to see what the new ZR1 and ZO6 look like in a few years once the novelty wears off and they start taking notes on what people truly dont like about the new designstill though its finally nice to see an actual vette, not a modified one with a custom interior that looks good as anything made in italy for once. always had that feeling about the post 75 models of the vette, the interior just never stacked up compared to the earlier ones and I'm glad to see that finally change. http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1969/1969c/index.htmlhttp://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1981/1981b/index.htmlso a mixed bag all and all and that new stingray badge doesnt look bad actually, looks like they sized it down a touch since the prototype.basically a good new start but I think it will take a few years for it to come into its own provided GM can hold on that long.

Hmm first a new video on the brand new corvette, now a new video on the brand new dodge viper from the same place:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-bWLhDo91o

Jay Leno's garagegotta admit I like now how in the closeups the face reminds me of a viper snake now, hell even the two intake holes on the upper level one line up with the face of the snakeEingefügtes Bildlove the subtitle roofline touch there, looks like the dip between the eyes on the actual snake when you look at it head onEingefügtes Bildit just needs the defender's fangs from the old tv show viper from 1994

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1cC9tHaGE

and for someone to knock off those stupid mirrors that stick out from the body like a sore thumb, they look like stubs instead of mirrors. hell knock them down an inch or so like they were on the old viperEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildknock them down an inch and angle them closer to the body in the front, problem solved.and maybe do something about that shifter, looks too much like a stress ball loland give it back its old tail lights, they just look cleaner and nicerEingefügtes Bildhell actually just give it a solid red tail light at 13:26, its already got reverse lights on the bottom thereglad to see they brought back the side exhaust though, missed that on the GTS and the latter cars and I'm glad they're supporting both marketsthe no frills guys who loved the old style ones and the ones who want all the bells and whistlesyou know my nitpicks aside I can say that's a viper, the corvette however is a skyline in american drag now and there not even bothering to hide it.basically new corvette C-, new viper B+

• 4 weeks later...

Just found out why the C7 corvette is so drastically different from the C6, turns out sales figures are down to 12K cars from a height of 25K cars in 1979

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOlDDm7uUW0

so this is a bid for them to boost sales and apply to a bigger marketand 1979 was frankly looking back at the C3 vette the last year that I liked from them, that was the year before they uglified the front end of the vette1979:Eingefügtes Bild1980:Eingefügtes BildSo I wasnt the only one who didnt care for the 1980 version it seems, wonder if the same applied to the viper hence its overhaul as well?Additional, I wish he had taken more photos of the superbee behind the 80' vette there.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOlDDm7uUW0 so this is a bid for them to boost sales and apply to a bigger marketand 1979 was frankly looking back at the C3 vette the last year that I liked from them, that was the year before they uglified the front end of the vette1979:Eingefügtes Bild1980:Eingefügtes BildSo I wasnt the only one who didnt care for the 1980 version it seems, wonder if the same applied to the viper hence its overhaul as well?Additional, I wish he had taken more photos of the superbee behind the 80' vette there.

Have you ever sat/ drove in one of the classic mopars? Besides their looks which are absolutely amazing, they are horrible to drive. They are complete pigs, driving position is terrible, total led sled. I restore classic mustangs professionally and to see what the competition was like from back in the 60's and 70's, I went through a period where I restored non mustangs. I restored a 1968 Camaro, a 1969 Charger and a 71' Cuda. Once I was done with them I hated them, and yet I got big bucks for all three. Classic muscles are growing so much in value. Most of the mustangs that I do restorations on are 64's-68's, and they bring in about $35,000 once I'm done if they are a fastback or convertible. Which, is a lot of money. But the real money is in the 69-70 Mustangs. People pay huge bucks for those ponies. I have restored, 6 69's and 4 70's and each one brought in at least $65,000. It's funny too, because the 69's and 70's are such pigs compared to the agile 64-68's. Dashboard is better, easier to drive, smaller and when with OE usually faster. Lee Iaccoca hated them too. He called the 67 Mustang a "fat pig". Imagine what he thought of the 69'-72' Mustangs.....Those older mopars though are total garage queens though. So many sit in garages because so many people hate driving them! I Don't blame them!

Have you ever sat/ drove in one of the classic mopars? Besides their looks which are absolutely amazing' date=' they are horrible to drive. They are complete pigs, driving position is terrible, total led sled. I restore classic mustangs professionally and to see what the competition was like from back in the 60's and 70's, I went through a period where I restored non mustangs. I restored a 1968 Camaro, a 1969 Charger and a 71' Cuda. Once I was done with them I hated them, and yet I got big bucks for all three. Classic muscles are growing so much in value. Most of the mustangs that I do restorations on are 64's-68's, and they bring in about $35,000 once I'm done if they are a fastback or convertible. Which, is a lot of money. But the real money is in the 69-70 Mustangs. People pay huge bucks for those ponies. I have restored, 6 69's and 4 70's and each one brought in at least $65,000. It's funny too, because the 69's and 70's are such pigs compared to the agile 64-68's. Dashboard is better, easier to drive, smaller and when with OE usually faster. Lee Iaccoca hated them too. He called the 67 Mustang a "fat pig". Imagine what he thought of the 69'-72' Mustangs.....Those older mopars though are total garage queens though. So many sit in garages because so many people hate driving them! I Don't blame them![/quote']yeah thats true they were pretty bad, partly because of neglect (they wore out at 30K if not that time eats the rubber bushing and bearings on them) others from just not very good suspension parts and pollyglass tires. actually hotchkis actually has built on that and basically tightening up the suspension with there suspension kits:
basically capitalizing on that for these collectors and the likes who actually want to drive them.but I dont remember the old dodge dart or the pre 70 model cuda being that bad though, the 68 model dart but compared to the others that is a short wheelbase car, hell I still remember how much that 70 charger stuck out from the parking lot of small cars back at my highschoolthink there was about nearly a foot difference in the wheelbase alone between the dart and the charger, not counting the bodywork that was like atleast 2 feet longer in either direction.must have stuck half way out compared to the other cars, I mean the dodge charger was really a barge hence why so many cars are getting restomodded and even then you've got a 4,000 pound barge with a body as long as most stationwagons in a coupe form while the corvette was nearly 700 pounds lighter and about a foot shorter wheelbase, and hell remember that with that whole tipover thing with the SUV's awhile ago they found out that if they had expanded the wheelbase by 2 inches it would have prevented the flip over problem, now just imagine a foot of that kind of difference in handling. and Yeah if I remember correctly with the mustangs that is why they went with the mustang 2 from the 69's and 70's to those.the other thing with the 69's to 70's is that sales werent as high for them as the earlier ones so theres a bigger demand for them, its sort of like the whole hemi effect because of how rare the option is the price has gone up for them even though the only thing they really got going for them compaired to a 440 is that there supposedly more reliable and longer lasting. which from what my father told me of them is true as they were used as generators on his airbase they actually are and run well and long into the night. while the 440 makes more horsepower and torque, you know there was a reason why they were that rare, not to mention costing a third of the price of the car. part of the reason why I always scoff at this its gotta have a hemi thing, that really doesnt mean jack in the grand scheme of things.I do however remember that I came across a road test from the time period once of both the 73 Challenger and the 1968 GTX and it looked like the GTX was a far better car with a torsion bar suspension.actually it looked like it handled like a modern car from the footage honestly, still though people want to go for the poster board cars and the 68 and 69's just have a certain look to them that even today people will put up with just to own one.even goes with new camaro's, I stopped by the dealership of my local GM dealership to sit in one about 3 years ago and there was no damn visibility out of the modern one, exterior looked great, dash was unusually really god damn old looking, probably on purpose but I felt I was looking at an ugly old clock and unsuited to the car and no visibilitythe next week I was driving by and someone had bought it.with Chrysler I think what might have happened is that they just started to run out of money and decided to just sell lower grade cars towards the start of 1970 as my father even remarked that on his 58 Plymouth fury and 66 New yorker that they really handled and stopped wellboth had that torsion bar suspension and maybe they just stopped putting that on and it turned those cars into unfriendly boats.also just as a funny comparison and image for you the Daytona, the actual one is about the size of a 1999 Honda civic coupe in size and wheelbase. So if you put a dodge charger next to it chances are you'd need two of them to even match the length of a charger.but yeah I see where your coming from with the auto design, maybe this is there way to make them more accomidating for the driver, I just kinda wish they'd find a balance though and keep the lines clear and clean. None of this electric shaver kind of stuff they seem to have going for them now.you know flashly LED lights, odd sort of bodywork that's made primarily with aerodynamics and safety in mind that just looks like its off of a bad concept car that time should have forgottenhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_252115-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Concept-2009.htmlnot taken inspiration from maybe do like they did with the old 1970 Opel GT and design it around the driver then style it, go back and rinse and repeat until they get the balance right. But with the mustang that's why alot of people like to specify when looking for the older cars the short wheelbase cars with some of the ferrari's for that reason.even applies to Jaguars and some even make customs like this to make the best of both worlds

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=22NTet2n-Sg

• 2 weeks later...

Today Drive just put up a new video of the geneva auto show complete with a new ferrari, the enzo replacement, the mclaren and lambo

along with a weird ass caterham that he refused to go near that looked kind of crazy, like some sort of new version of an Ariel atom and I guess the idiot who thought changing numbers and driver 3 into numb3rs and driv3r got a job at ferrari after that show ended and reflections got bought up by ubisoft and got to name the new car.seriously La Ferrari? what?also found this video in there archives, kind of explains quite a few reasons why lamborghini is doing that kind of stuff that chris harris hates in the above video and also explains a few other interesting things

and I do like the idea of a lambo SUV given how much I liked the rambo lambo there as a kid, kind of a fun ideabut anyways like where lambo is getting its carbon fiber technology, which is from boeing and the university of washington, pretty much confiriming where I thought the technology was coming from.and how some of the media works out there, including explaining why the news is such a spectacle that comes off as borderline offensive to the people there reporting on and exceptionally stupid. It's all is because they want it to make money off of it like a TV reality show instead of just reporting the facts mamyou know like a socially responsibile network would, like wealth tv is doing with there news reports where because the people who tune in are out probably in wall street they cant afford to screw around for 30 minutes just to find out some stupid story about the girl who walked on ice and fell in after a sudden defrosting the day beforefrom 20 degrees to 60 and she wondered why the ice cracked and her dumbass fell in and that really happened and they spent 10 minutes on that stupid kid on channel 4 a month or so ago.basically like modern movies there applying to the common denominator once again, so all of this is linked into basic greed, not a culture degradation like it initially seems as, its greed and running a dog and pony show. guess the O'Jays were right after all.wonder if they have the same producers that run there reality tv programs also running the news shows on channel 4 and 7 here in boston, it would explain a great deal.

Also found this on there show big muscle, a fully modernized 1969 Dodge Charger with Paddle shifters of all things:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHyZgP84IJU

Dont know how he did it but he did and actually for an american car that doesnt seem like such a bad idea, for the italians though knowing how they were very keen on no power steering and heavy controls for maximum control though it seems like sacrilege but for an american car considering how we experimented with push button tranny's on early Chryslers of the 1950's and all sorts of different gearboxes since the 1900's it seems perfectly logical and american in originits just not italian and doest fit with the image of italy as I see it, you know nothing was cooler than seeing that bad ass imitating stick shift with the metal gate down there to tell you what gear you were in.and current paddle shifters just dont look anywhere near badass on an italian car as the old gearshifters used to, like there just wimping out now but I guess they gotta apease the american market which is who is buying all of there cars it seems.just wish they'd find a good middle ground that keeps the old look mixed in with the new tech, like what the rebodied corvette had:Eingefügtes Bilda 3 speed auto that you could manually shift from up and down if you wanted, complete with shift kits to do that with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Q_Dcl2llsand he did manually shift it as well, atleast two or three times on screen, watch his right arm movements
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_8t-3Yh1Aalso heres part one of that bit with the muscle cars, both parts are worth watching.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxcPhQPrew

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this of the 2013 Goodwood Festival of speed in england

with all sorts of unique cars in it, not just the usual boring billion mile an hour exotics they put out now but some old ones from the 30's along with the latter ones, namely the espada hatchback and just kind of a fun look into the whole deal.really need to have something like this in the US just to anger the neighbors abit

Affordable Daytona Replica

I have seen a lot of these models at car shows and it does share a similar profile with the Daytona.Many more of this model were produced and prices are substantially less than a real Spyder or those coupes who had their tops chopped off and frames reinforced. Also it would be nice to cruise with three friends since it is a true four seater:cool:

• 1 month later...

Would you believe that with the Camaro SS that they make now, one of the few kind of gm cars I like is Australian?

Just like the Holden/Pontiac GTO from a few years ago, and they apparently made a 200 HP 4 Cylinder for an olds, AN OLDS in 1990 that was faster than the Z28 Camaro in the 0 to 60.and it was NATURALLY aspirated, not turbo charged like alot of European cars are to reach that kind of performance out of a 4 even todayand they snuffed it out after a year or two, wonder if they killed it because it embarrassed the camaro like the Buick did to the corvette C4 back in the 80'sman no wonder GM is failing, they get a good thing and they snuff it out like idiots.Also turns out because of Volkswaggen groups prodding to try and buy Alfa off of the Fiat Group. there going to be dumping some money into alfa romeo and doubling the amount of models they make AND importing them to the us in the futureone of which was listed was a new alfa romeo spyder based on the new miata platform that has yet to come out, probably another 2000 like spyder again.

• 2 weeks later...

Countach Overload from the EVO TV Youtube channel from the 50th anniversary of Lamborghini

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqMVFPLHSM

Interesting Notes:The Wing was a purely aftermarket thing at first for the walter wolf countach. then the producer for the first cannonball run film saw the car, wanted one in the first film with those wings fitted to it (the car still has them) then because of the popularity of the movie it became an official option on the car.Even though all it does is slow the car down by 15 mphBetween the LP400, LP400 S and the 5000 they basically scaled up the car to make it easier to get in and out of for the 5000 series, something like 15 mm in cabin heightthe 5000 was the last countach to have the miura motor, and then quatrovalve motor was made to up the power to compete with Crockett's new car the testarossa.along with mounting the carbs ontop of the motor instead of to the side like on the earlier cars to help it breath better and make space for the 4 valves ontop of the motor, hence why on the LP5000 the things got a power buldge where the rear window used to be.Personal Conjecture: I guess this would explain why sometimes I liked the countach and others I didnt if there is a legit size difference of 15 MM in cabin height between the LP400 and the LP500/5000.and I like how he calls his own car there the espada funky looking basically, I like the thing and I like how different it is from the Miura and the ferrari of its time period.
Amazing what a stark contrast it is to modern lamborghini nowdays, as when was the last time they made a 2+2 or a GT car?and they when one comes out they dont make it

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssD5kNVvDM

I guess that is part of the reason why I've become disheartened with modern lamborghini and modern cars in general, I see great potential to bring back or make some new old school cars and they just get dumped and forgotten. and that car there would have been the first in about 8 years I could say proudly that's it s a LAM-BOR-GHIN, not a volkswaggen with a V12.and it would be nice to see them rig up some sort of a manual without a clutch to get a middle ground between a panel shifter and a stick shift, as something just looks like its missing when the car isnt equipped with one
but who knows I noticed in the motor trend article about the C7 that well my criticism of the new design was light and kind compared to what some of the people who wrote in said.its the issue with the 3 vipers on it.one of which said that he openly thought it looked like they had 5 different design teams working on it and they mixed and mashed them together, like I thought myself. so who knows maybe in 5 to 10 years we'll get back to what Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Aston's use to look like.Plus they did listen To Mr. Balboni there, maybe his influence will grow and it can get back to normal or atleast some mix of the old and new that I can say a is lamborghini. but they got some work to do, I would start hiring from Pagani asap if I was the lamborghini chairman and get them to work on the interior first, then to spice up the exterior.as it seems like all the interiors look the same now on the exotics, dull leather, Cantera, LED's, Carbon Fiber with blank Matt aluminum accents after looking at a few of them on a quick browse I feel like I've seen all the same car just with a slightly different body and color
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJrQIvUGcJQPagani though.....
Koenigsegg
Spyker
hell look at the seatbelts at 3:36, when was the last time you saw that?!and the LATE TVR, I still remember those with that wild 3 coat Pearlescent paintjob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rpFXdWtK4and those I remember years latter, these new ones I think I forget in a day or so.and that's just it basically, Lamborghini grew up and they need to find there youthful ways again, like those car companies have retained it. Namely Pagani who played it smart but never lost there focus in the car world.like here
also this is what that lambo here
should have sounded like

Thanks I love how it sounds like Valentino Balboni kinda agreed with me on the Murcielago there from the sound of it.Yeash what a harsh way to insult someone, you only design the engine cover, OUCH.although looking at it, it hasnt aged well and the Diablo just seems like a nicer looking car, kinda like someone slugified a diablo.and I used to like the Murcielago too.and I really miss the old early diablo's there was a kind of purity to them and something about that gold one just didnt look right, wonder if it was the overly flat rims and overly smooth body.hell think I may have seen that particular car at Autostadt when the car was new back then, it just seemed kinda of neutered compared to the early ones look wise.

anyways this showed up on the videolist, 1975 Maserati Khamsin designed by the maker of the countach and the miura

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0vS29sUF8

look how wild the interior view looks at 10:57 with that completely open hatch on the backkind of a french italian hybrid from the sound of it, it somewhat reminds me of the opel gt/manta from that time period.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildalso of note once again a sign that the reason why the italian cars were more powerful than the american ones from the look of it came down to the carbs as american cars when they have even three carbs its usually something like a six packlike 3, 2 barrel carbs hence the term six pack.but usually just one carb either a two or a four barrel and with how bad the emmisions and gas restrictions were in the 70's you can bet it was probably a single carb and probably a 2.that however has two 4 barrel webers on it putting out 300 HP and a max rev line of 5,000 rpm while the big blocks usually had a max rpm of 4 unmodified without solid lifters or harded valve and valve seals to take the higher RPM level.With the Balboni comment on that lambo though, I can imagine myself saying that to the designer of the C7. I knew something was wrong when I saw a report of a preview of the car in a gran turismo gamethe lamborghini, the ones I dont like I can see where there coming from atleast. given how overly sleek the cars have been in the past 10 to 15 years since the last of the diablos here:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildvs the First oneEingefügtes Bildwhich just looks like its lost its edge but it seems like they've gone too far, WAY too far in the other direction with the new ones. Eingefügtes Bildand neglected the most important part of the car, the interior.Eingefügtes Bildkinda giving the impression its just a car with a body kit rather than a 100% unique one off piece, I don't know since we got rid of pop up headlights it seems like cars have been slowly going down hill in general actually.additional: that green lambo in the background in the second photo with the gold one, I think that's the LP400 I saw at autostadt like 20 years ago, dark green with a brown interior. not sure if its at that particular museum anymore or the official lambo one in italy not germany from the look of it back there.but I think that is definitely the same car, as I dont think many people would order such a rare car in such a well..... peculiar color combo.

Also Vicefanman I found out what that car was that she saw in Belgium, its a Sterling Nova kit carEingefügtes Bildhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_Design_and_Developmentand it was basically a DIY car, one of a few that had le man's styling like the one from George Lucas's THX 1138http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_115577-Thomassima-II.htmlhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_3298-Nova-Sterling.htmlhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Nova_model-Sterling.htmlhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8019&stc=1&d=1370266249hmm no wonder the car looked familiar to me but I couldnt place it, it was in the cannonball run 2 film along with deathrace 2000 which I have seen and liked as I am a David Carradine fan.Hell I only came across the listing of what the car was by accident while trying to look up a film that poped up on cable called Thunder and Lightning with him and I just so happened to click on deathrace 2000's wiki entry and saw it posted there. also really enjoyed Thunder and Lightning, had an early role of one of Charlies Angels in it too, thought she looked familar the fight between the 69 Corvette and the 57 helped as well too lolhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_121601-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-2413-1957.htmlhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_121603-Chevrolet-Corvette-C3-1969.html

post-592-13892965623285_thumb.jpg