Cameo question

Reggie100

To all Vice gurus...I just watched episode 2.8 "Bushido" (good one!) and was wondering: who played the mini-role of the ill-fated 'Herrera'? I could have sworn that was Mike Road. Anyone got the answer?THANKS!

• Administrators

Can't find anything but here is a quote from a very knowledgeable member, Papa Legba. "The guy who played Herrera was (I believe) the same actor who played Senor Espinoza in "The Savage". I would tell you his name but I can't find a credit for either of these two roles in either episode."Not much help but perhaps another lead to follow?I typed Mike Road into the IMDB. It shows he born in 1918. His career credits were mostly TV movies and cartoon voice overs. The last entry is from 1981 so I doubt it was him.

LOL...Papa Legba. But that leads me perfectly to a behind-the-scenes point: the continuity of former TV character actors appearing in projects involving Michael Mann. As you know, Mann was a writer for "Starsky & Hutch," and there are many elements of Vice drawn from that series. Well, if one kept a sharp lookout, S&H regularly featured cameo bits from old TV series, especially the old westerns.I'm wondering if Mann didn't continue with this tradition. I've freeze-framed that opening beach scene with Herrera and also listened to the actor's voice. Mike Road's voice was unique. No matter where it pops up - even on voice overs, there's a large crowd of us Boomers who recognize Race Bannon in a heartbeat.For the episode in question, Road would have only been 67, and since he is still alive, this is a testament to his aging power. A little makeup, the tan, and work with his hair would not be a problem for such a small role.I've got some friends in Miami who worked on the set occasionally. I'll see if they remember anything.

• Administrators

Wow, I'm having flashbacks. Used to watch "Johnny Quest" all the time as a kid. Now hearing the voice in my head I believe Mr. Road may have also been the voice of Reed Richards on the old "Fantastic Four" cartoons.

Wow' date=' I'm having flashbacks. Used to watch "Johnny Quest" all the time as a kid. Now hearing the voice in my head I believe Mr. Road may have also been the voice of Reed Richards on the old "Fantastic Four" cartoons.[/quote']I recall that voice as well. But the Herrara character to me looked much younger [ATTACH=CONFIG]5735[/ATTACH]

post-36-13892964321983_thumb.jpg