New pastel fashion at H&M

André

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that H&M seems to have a lot of pastel style clothes just in. If anyone is interested, check out their website and go to "New Arrivals". Seems like the Miami Vice fashion is back :thumbsup:

Looks "VICE" indeed. :clap: But that style has been around for some time now. Often worn by teens where I live. Too bad clothes by H&M are so small, they just don't want to fit. :D

• 1 month later...

I've always been after the pastel colored linen blazers and friends told me I'm dressed for the 80's. But hey, not the style is back. And slowly others are cathing up with me with the style I've started some years ago. It's timeless. It's not even hard to find linen blazers nowadays. But what I can't find is pastel t-shirts. H&M mostly has bring, hard colores t-shirts, and they are of low quality. I'm after the silk/cotton mix. You can find those at Calvin Klein and Versace. Maybe even Armani.I'll keep you posted where I got my gear from and maybe even include some self made photos of my style which strongly resembles those of 80's Miami Vice.Cheers, G., Slovenia

Yes, my pet peeve is thin T-shirts!In the 80s and 90s I used to be able to get thick, good-quality T-shirts. Now everything is flimsy, see-through, and pills after the first wash!!I would be willing to pay more for good quality T-shirts but they seem to have disappeared!!I am visiting the United States this summer, I will be looking to see if I can find some good stuff there. If anyone has some recommendations for shops/brands please post! I'm not looking for designer stuff, just good stuff that will last. Oh, and I am female, and don't mind wearing men's shirts, but they have to be pretty small :D

I would recommend designer outlet stores. A good example is Veneto Designer Outlet (http://www.mcarthurglen.it/). I've been there and seen some good quality shiny silky looking t-shirts but not in pastel colors. But hey, at least they have them.I'm after a white or brighter colored linen blazer over shiny pinky or bluish t-shirt.As with the trousers. The selection of linen trousers is just huge in Italy. I got my last pair from a store located in Venice. They're light blue. I'll post pictures.I dislike H&M because their designs aren't very slim. But I must say, I got my blazer from the H&M store just today, it's light gray and it fits well. Sleeves extend long enough and style is slim. Looks like they're changing some of the design to suit more younger and slimmer people.I hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us posted.G., Slovenia

Thank you!Thanks for your recommendation! I have found some pretty good reasonably priced things at H&M like blazers and linen trousers, but it seems like a T-shirt is considered almost a thing you throw away after one season, so they make them as cheap as possible. I'd rather buy one 20 euro t-shirt that will last than four 5 euro ones that won't.

I've always been after the pastel colored linen blazers and friends told me I'm dressed for the 80's. But hey' date=' not the style is back. And slowly others are cathing up with me with the style I've started some years ago. It's timeless. It's not even hard to find linen blazers nowadays. But what I can't find is pastel t-shirts. H&M mostly has bring, hard colores t-shirts, and they are of low quality. I'm after the silk/cotton mix. You can find those at Calvin Klein and Versace. Maybe even Armani.I'll keep you posted where I got my gear from and maybe even include some self made photos of my style which strongly resembles those of 80's Miami Vice.Cheers, G., Slovenia[/quote']well better to look 80's than say the 70's or the all black vampire/going to a funeral 2000'shell I used to have a girlfriend who said my look was distictly 80's even though the colors were far from what Don wore in the show with a dark blue overcoat and black T shirt and matching pants, actually kinda looked like what don wore for the TR scene in Shadow in the dark save for the pants also being black.

I would recommend designer outlet stores. A good example is Veneto Designer Outlet (http://www.mcarthurglen.it/). I've been there and seen some good quality shiny silky looking t-shirts but not in pastel colors. But hey' date=' at least they have them.I'm after a white or brighter colored linen blazer over shiny pinky or bluish t-shirt.As with the trousers. The selection of linen trousers is just huge in Italy. I got my last pair from a store located in Venice. They're light blue. I'll post pictures.I dislike H&M because their designs aren't very slim. But I must say, I got my blazer from the H&M store just today, it's light gray and it fits well. Sleeves extend long enough and style is slim. Looks like they're changing some of the design to suit more younger and slimmer people.I hope you find what you're looking for. Keep us posted.G., Slovenia[/quote']Either H&M is different from where you and I live or you are very thin. I am tall and slim, and H&M have a lot of pants, t-shirts, blazer etc that fit me well. It is designed for teens and young adults. How many big people do you see in a H&M store? In Norway, not many. Only in the large sized clothing dept.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always teased my Swedish friends abt this, calling all pastel pants 'Swedish pants'. I swear they are the ones who brought it back into fashion -- all the better for us MV fans! I'm not sure about the guys wearing the bright coloured shorts though that is also a very H & M thing. Have u seen those?This for example is super Swedish to me[ATTACH=CONFIG]6376[/ATTACH]H & M is brand new to where I am, and I am a fan. I'm not that skinny and I don't have the same issue that was mentioned abt size. I like the way their stuff falls to be honest. I'm taking to another local option that has lots of pastels over at www.zalora.sg. Well they stay on top of trends really, n pastels are in like u said and I have a hard time not getting everything lol. Esp pastel jeans -- they've got good ones. Only thing is I really like baby blue pastel jeans but they are not very flattering if you aren't skinny. Looks great on their models but not sure how it goes for me. I tried looking for different get ups the other day, like matching to a Miami Vice snapshot n managed to come up with a bunch of options. Pretty sweet. I can't find good pastels in the shops here unfortunately so this is my best bet besides H & M and Forever 21. I'm definitely gonna reel in this chance to hit up the pastels. Miami Vice forever! lol

post-11160-13892964684515_thumb.jpg