California locations:

C Glide

Here is another California location. The exterior establishing shot of the hospital where Agent Colby has her son treated in episode 65; Knock Kock...Who's There?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild1420 S Central Avenue in Glendale CA.
  • Like 1

Here is another California location. The exterior establishing shot of the hospital where Agent Colby has her son treated in episode 65; Knock Kock...Who's There?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild1420 S Central Avenue in Glendale CA.

Great - thankyou:D

• 3 weeks later...
This location is unknown but I srongly suspect California. Probably somewhere in the Hollywood 30. From Viking Bikers From Hell:Eingefügtes Bild

This location is unknown but I srongly suspect California. Probably somewhere in the Hollywood 30. From Viking Bikers From Hell:Eingefügtes Bild

Interesting - sure looks like stock footage :D

• 2 years later...

This Wilshire Bvld - Federal Building appeared as stock footage in a Season 5 episode - anyone remember ?!  I am thinking "Line of Fire" ?! :D  :fireworks:

http://binged.it/1qgSqzn

Kinda reminds me of the courthouse/municipal building in Season two's the Fix, that is considered to be stock footage from California.  Is this what you were thinking about?

• Like 1

Kinda reminds me of the courthouse/municipal building in Season two's the Fix, that is considered to be stock footage from California.  Is this what you were thinking about?

No Jim - thankyou though - Im sure we saw this building in a later episode Season 5.

"Line of Fire " somehow stands out for me - Ill have to check it out. Regards :D  :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Just watched "Too Much , Too Late" from the Spring 1989 and a few California - well Downtown LA locations in the teaser - Galway Theatre ( at 514 S Main ) and Bluebird Market .  Raouls was also seen again as the bar exterior ( US Bank on San Vicente Bvld ) - see pic below from 2008. 

There was a famous LA  cafe location Jeremy found which was used in an episode from Season 4 I think which was used in a movie or tv show - anyone remember the cafe !? :D

079d75ee-5dba-473b-b60c-46d3754e5d96_zps

Edited by Matt5

Are you talking about Dead Lazlo's which was used in Lavern and Shirley then the stock footage was used in Down For The Count part 2.

Thats the one thankyou an LA location !!  :D

Where was the Bluebird Market again in Downtown approx ??!! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

from "To Have and To Hold " aka Second Chance  Silvios Restaurant confirmed as a LA location 8478 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood, Los Angeles

:D  :thumbsup:  :done: 

• 3 months later...
On 4/18/2012 at 5:23 PM, CarolineUK said:
Im sure these buildings were used on both "Dallas" and "Dynasty" as establishing shots :DAs the three shows often had the same director ( Gabrielle Beaumont' date=' Georg Stanford Brown ) and Chris Morgan a producer of Mv in Season 3 also worked on all three shows :D[/quote']My daughter & I drove past Century City on the way to see Santa Monica in 2010 & as I am a great Bruce Willis fan, I had to get a picture of the skyscraper from the original Die Hard movie. Checking the picture we took, one of the buildings (with the triangular roof) looks the same as the one neighbouring the Die Hard building. I've marked the possible matching building to screen cap with red arrow in both pics.Screen cap:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5741[/ATTACH]Our pic:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5742[/ATTACH]For me, one of the best lines ever in a movie: "Alas your Mr Takagi didn't see it that way ... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

post-178-13892964328574_thumb.jpg

post-178-13892964328789_thumb.jpg

Reference this Los Angleles shot - this is from The London Hotel rooftop in West Hollywood some of the buildings match up:D:D

dsc_0039.jpg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Looking more carefully at CarolineUks shot three of the four buildings in the link ( bottom right hand side of pic )

are here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.0636823,-118.4440824,764a,20y,90h,44.79t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

This google map shows the three buildings in the establishing shot( bottom right hand side of the pic )  from CarolineUk this would mean that it would have been shot from a residental area around the West Beverly Hills/ WHotel West Beverly Hills on Hilgard Avenue. Looks like this could be from a highrise the angle seems to match - the view from the WHotel in West Beverly Hills on Hilgard Avenue would match up pretty well taking into account the three highrises which are on Wilshire Bvld and Century City in the background.:dance2::D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I spent some time tonight studying this and I can't find anything that matches up.

Are Century City and Downtown the only clusters of skyscrapers in Los Angeles?

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

I spent some time tonight studying this and I can't find anything that matches up.

Are Century City and Downtown the only clusters of skyscrapers in Los Angeles?

These three out of the four buildings in the link below ( centre ) on the left side of Wilshire Bvld show up in the "Shadow in the Dark" establishing shot 

One of them the taller of the three is the one in the foreground in the establishing shot with the square feature on the roof - hope that helps:dance2:

There are small clusters of highrises all over LA - the ones we see in the establishing shot are Century City in the background and Wilshire Bvld ( mid town)condos in the foreground 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.0610671,-118.4407783,386a,20y,90h,44.92t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

This building in close up ( Crown Towers ) on Wilshire Bvld is the tallest building in the foreground (and in the shot) in the "Shadow in the Dark"  establishing shot :D:D with this building on Wilshire and the angle of the Century City towers the camera must have shot over Wilshire 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.061179,-118.4376393,195a,20y,90h,44.96t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Bam, you got it!!!   I didn't understand the pictures and your links, but Crown Towers was the breakthrough.  Once I looked at that, it all made sense.

• red = Crown Towers (10701 Wilshire Blvd)
  • yellow = Sterling Wilshire (10717 Wilshire Blvd)
  • white = twin towers on Century Park E in Century City  http://binged.it/26lBVpm

Shadow1.png

This Bing sat pic is looking east:

Shadow2.png

Google Street View pic of the Crown Towers and the Sterling Wilshire:

Shadow3.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2