C Glide

California locations:

Recommended Posts

Matt5
4 minutes ago, summer84 said:

That's interesting! Had no idea about that. I was just wondering how come they sometimes used stock footage like this one?

I’m in Marina del Rey currently in Los Angeles and this area hasn’t changed much at all. 

This was known as stock footage and post production for Miami Vice was  done in LA so they sometimes slotted LA locations in - we saw it a number times in the show’s run in the five seasons. These shots were used in other shows as well around that time.

The most LA locations used for any Miami Vice episode was Season 4s “Rock and a Hard Place” mainly as this was based in LA but filmed in Miami.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
19 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I’m in Marina del Rey currently in Los Angeles and this area hasn’t changed much at all. 

This was known as stock footage and post production for Miami Vice was  done in LA so they sometimes slotted LA locations in - we saw it a number times in the show’s run in the five seasons. These shots were used in other shows as well around that time.

The most LA locations used for any Miami Vice episode was Season 4s “Rock and a Hard Place” mainly as this was based in LA but filmed in Miami.

Thanks. I do recall other stock footage like the liquor store in LA used in "Give a little Take a little," I believe. I would have preferred original film, but I understand that it can be useful in saving time and money in the production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
1 minute ago, summer84 said:

Thanks. I do recall other stock footage like the liquor store in LA used in "Give a little Take a little," I believe. I would have preferred original film, but I understand that it can be useful in saving time and money in the production. 

Yes it’s a bit lazy at times - however it could also be added to fill out an episode for running times etc and this would have been done in LA during post production:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

We discussed the Wilshire Bvld shot from the Park Westwood Tower on Hilgard in Westwood/Beverly Hills from “Shadow in the Dark”. This building the Crown Towers at 10701 Wilshire / Manning Ave was seen in that shot a uite prominently. The Sterling Wilshire at 10717 Wilshire (in front) was also seen.  I took these on Monday morning in Los Angeles.:hippie::cheers:

B73C61A1-AC76-4610-9DB3-3930230F6028.jpeg

F2F509C7-110D-4C17-B20C-7B82E2371107.jpeg

B9AA8757-8E55-4258-AEC9-2C8609973DF1.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Another angle of the two buildings (10701 and 10717 Wilshire) we see prominently in the “Shadow in the Dark” LA establishing shot.

I took this on Wilshire Bvld between Selby & Manning Ave’s, Los Angeles :hippie:

7A3E52D9-541B-4C6E-8227-F672A797E0A8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dadrian

I watched that episode last night. I definitely recognize that building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I watched that episode last night. I definitely recognize that building. 

I’m pleased Dadrian :hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now