BERNAY'S CAFE T-SHIRT!

COOPER&BURNETT

At last! You can now own a t-shirt from the famous cafe from the Pilot episode! BERNAY'S CAFE!This great souvenir will be a great addition to your MIAMI VICE collection! Get one today! http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showt...=discreet+vice Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildCHECK OUT THE PHOTOS OF THE NEWEST VERSION SHIRTS ON PAGE 5!Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Mari-Janes

• Kavinsky

• Philippe

where exactly is that cafe located and what does it look like today?

Actually' date=' the cafe never existed. It was just a real working neon prop sign, and a non working phone booth that was placed where the Chalks plane company existed on watson Island. It was just put there just for the scene in MIAMI VICE. The T-Shirt is just a fantasy place from a classic scene in the pilot episode of MIAMI VICE."BERNAY'S CAFE" was named after one of MIAMI VICE's wardrobe people, Lynette Bernay.As our member Crockettt added, the below photo, taken by our member Stinger390X, is where the scene was shot.[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/cafe2.jpgEingefügtes Bild

I've noticed that the logo on the front of the shirt is quite a bit smaller than the logo that is shown on the display shirt on the website. I can't copy the photo, as it's protected from doing just that, so I can't show how it looks there. You would have to visit the website to see it.I wrote them telling them that I like the shirt, and the quality of the shirt and silk screened logo, but was unhappy that the logo on my shirt is very small compared to the shirt on the website. I hope I hear back from them. I wanted to get the same size on my shirt.If they write back, I'll post the response on this thread.

I was wondering, does this look like an official licensed shirt? I've seen quite some shirts before with 'in movie brands and signs' but they mostly weren't official shirts. Any idea?

I was wondering' date=' does this look like an official licensed shirt? I've seen quite some shirts before with 'in movie brands and signs' but they mostly weren't official shirts. Any idea?[/quote']This is absolutely not an officially licenced shirt.

I've noticed that the logo on the front of the shirt is quite a bit smaller than the logo that is shown on the display shirt on the website. I can't copy the photo' date=' as it's protected from doing just that, so I can't show how it looks there. You would have to visit the website to see it.I wrote them telling them that I like the shirt, and the quality of the shirt and silk screened logo, but was unhappy that the logo on my shirt is very small compared to the shirt on the website. I hope I hear back from them. I wanted to get the same size on my shirt.If they write back, I'll post the response on this thread.[/quote']Still no reply from the company. :evil::thumbsdown:

hmm looks like the dock from the pilot and the final episode now' date=' kind of sad that theres now a damn dumpster sitting where the Daytona and the phone booth sat.[/quote']One of our local members there should put some kind of plaque there, as that is one really famous spot, times 2!

It also looks like they printed the cafe quite a bit to the right of where it should be. If they get it right like in their pictures, I'd order one right now.

One of our local members there should put some kind of plaque there' date=' as that is one really famous spot, times 2![/quote']well if I remember correctly the pilot scene there with the daytona was in the running of the most dramatic scenes in TV history awhile back in some sort of TV guide thing so it wouldnt be that far fetched to put one there.FYI the reason why it poped up is because it was a news item on trekmovie.com and one of the nominated scenes was that one from the guardian of forever and that one along with two others.

One thing is for sure. The show was extremely well acted.

indeed although the strength of that scene is from the massive build up to it' date=' not the scene itself even thought thats good on its own.and its kind of funny the show it really feels a hell of alot ahead of its time after watching the time period promos from it:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GsUW9CGYBk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and also looking at 0:22 makes me wonder what ever happened to the cut/stock footage from the show that they never used as I certainly dont remember that shot being used in the show and it looks like its from the second episode and the daytona has the little seen rear view mirror on itas it would be kinda be interesting to see the original stock footage of the TR in black metalic mixed with that cream interior from early S3 in the dark just to see how evil that car must have looked.

Agree..The logo does look better in the larger size they show on the website. I can't think why they'd have a different version there.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GsUW9CGYBk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and also looking at 0:22 makes me wonder what ever happened to the cut/stock footage from the show that they never used as I certainly dont remember that shot being used in the show and it looks like its from the second episode and the daytona has the little seen rear view mirror on it
My gut feeling is that scene at 0:22 is from the pilot episode. I'd have to do some checking, but as you pointed out, it has the rear view mirror. Tubbs has a pinky ring on, and Crockett appears to wear a button down shirt with a collar under his blazer, like he did in his meeting with Trini Desoto. Could be an alternate shot, as they did shoot a scene afterward of them driving from Crockett's driver side. Would have to check the clothes to be sure.Good eye Kavinsky!

The logo does look better in the larger size they show on the website. I can't think why they'd have a different version there.

They never wrote me back with an explanation at to why that is. :evil::thumbsdown:I could have my OWN custom made version, and also have the logo computer stitched into a ball cap if I wanted to.

My gut feeling is that scene at 0:22 is from the pilot episode. I'd have to do some checking' date=' but as you pointed out, it has the rear view mirror. Tubbs has a pinky ring on, and Crockett appears to wear a button down shirt with a collar under his blazer, like he did in his meeting with Trini Desoto. Could be an alternate shot, as they did shoot a scene afterward of them driving from Crockett's driver side. Would have to check the clothes to be sure.Good eye Kavinsky![/quote']Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild
thanks and I found a more high quality cut of that shot here at 0:29

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj-bq-xzFOY

but the more interesting thing is what's behind them. the original tonau cover for the car' date=' which appears to be further cut back than what I thought it was and what it was in S2, looks like it just barely covers the top and thats it[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5935&stc=1&d=1336202585although that means the reason why it looks like it goes further down than what I thought it did originally was because the back area there is covered in the same color leather as the tonau.Eingefügtes Bildso its an optical illusionwhere as in S2 its further forward with a fold on it, meaning that while they put the smoked plexyglass from the pilot back on for S2 the tonau was a new custom job like I had presumed as its jacked up as well and not hanging flush on the edges, probably so it wouldnt catch on the camera rig in the close ups.I really wish though we could find a close up of the pilot seats without them in it though from the top, the top bit of the pilot seats has so far had no known photos taken of it close up just to see what they looked like upclose in the middle and how they were structured ontop of the 78 - 82 seats.although chances are if the custom door panels were just put over the stock ones like it looks like they were as the grab handle looks exactly like the one on the stock arm rest, the seats in the vice car are probably the ones it always had. just minus the top bit with the markadian markings, headrests, side buffers and with the striping added on the sides and maybe just extended on the bottom.

post-592-13892964420942_thumb.jpg